This week’s five things post is a combination from the past two weeks as I was on holiday for nine days in Italy so it shows off a bit of what I was up to before and during my trip. Keep your eye on my blog where I will be doing more in-depth posts on both Venice and Rome where I visited.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I headed into London and did a spot of shopping ahead of my laser appointment. I had quite a few things to get on my list but sadly I didn’t manage to tick many of them off.
- On Thursday I finally got my nails re-done and I am so happy with them. I opted for a dark purple shimmery shade and they look stunning, I just hope they continue to last as long as possible.
- On Friday I finished off packing and headed over to my boyfriend’s house to have dinner with his parents and get ready to head on holiday on Saturday morning.
- On Saturday 4th me and my boyfriend headed off to Venice for four days of exploring and relaxation and I really loved the city. It was reasonably quiet out of season and I know we’ll be heading back there again.
- On Wednesday 8th we took a train from Venice to Rome where we had another four days of exploring the city and while it was so different from Venice I had a great time here too.
Five Great Things To Happen
- My shiny iPhone 8 Plus arrived on Monday and so far I am very happy with it, although re-downloading all my apps and sorting out all my tech has taken a while.
- Finishing season 2 of Stranger Things has definitely been a highlight. I am in love with the series and season 2 did not disappoint.
- My brand new sofa arrived while I was away on holiday and I am so happy with the way that it looks. As a corner sofa, it defintiely makes the living area feel a bit more separated from the kitchen and dining areas.
- Thursday 9th marked mine and my boyfriend’s one year anniversary and we couldn’t have had a better day while we were in Rome.
- While I was away my parent’s brought around all my post which got delivered to theirs which means I can crack straight on with getting back to business now I am home from my holiday.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- I walked so much on Monday that my feet ached so much and that carried on to most of Tuesday and it just hurt to walk too much. I made the silly mistake of walking about seven tube stations worth of road in about 2 hours.
- There was a Skinnydip phone case that I really wanted but they are out of stock on it on the website and when I arrived to go to their store on Monday it had just closed. It wasn’t meant to be.
- On Wednesday evening when I was madly trying to tidy up I kicked my Dipytique candle down the toilet smashing the pot and ruining the candle. I am absolutely gutted so I’m hoping Santa brings me another one.
- I didn’t manage to pop my old sofa on Gumtree/ Facebook groups before I went on holiday so currently, I have two sofas’s sat in my living area as well as my new corner sofa so I need to shift that soon.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Unpack everything from Italy and do all of my washing
- Wrap all of the Christmas presents that I have so far so I can sort them all out
- Sort out all my images from Italy and get them all uploaded and my corresponding posts written up
- Finish up all the write-ups for my Christmas gift guides so I can schedule them all in
- Do some form of exercise every single day whether it’s my workout DVD, weights or a trip to the gym