Five Things – Week 90

This week’s five things post is a combination from the past two weeks as I was on holiday for nine days in Italy so it shows off a bit of what I was up to before and during my trip. Keep your eye on my blog where I will be doing more in-depth posts on both Venice and Rome where I visited.

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Monday I headed into London and did a spot of shopping ahead of my laser appointment. I had quite a few things to get on my list but sadly I didn’t manage to tick many of them off.
  • On Thursday I finally got my nails re-done and I am so happy with them. I opted for a dark purple shimmery shade and they look stunning, I just hope they continue to last as long as possible.
  • On Friday I finished off packing and headed over to my boyfriend’s house to have dinner with his parents and get ready to head on holiday on Saturday morning.
  • On Saturday 4th me and my boyfriend headed off to Venice for four days of exploring and relaxation and I really loved the city. It was reasonably quiet out of season and I know we’ll be heading back there again.
  • On Wednesday 8th we took a train from Venice to Rome where we had another four days of exploring the city and while it was so different from Venice I had a great time here too.

Five Great Things To Happen

• My shiny iPhone 8 Plus arrived on Monday and so far I am very happy with it, although re-downloading all my apps and sorting out all my tech has taken a while.
  • Finishing season 2 of Stranger Things has definitely been a highlight. I am in love with the series and season 2 did not disappoint.
  • My brand new sofa arrived while I was away on holiday and I am so happy with the way that it looks. As a corner sofa, it defintiely makes the living area feel a bit more separated from the kitchen and dining areas.
  • Thursday 9th marked mine and my boyfriend’s one year anniversary and we couldn’t have had a better day while we were in Rome.
  • While I was away my parent’s brought around all my post which got delivered to theirs which means I can crack straight on with getting back to business now I am home from my holiday.

New Sofa

Five Four Things Which Sucked

• I walked so much on Monday that my feet ached so much and that carried on to most of Tuesday and it just hurt to walk too much. I made the silly mistake of walking about seven tube stations worth of road in about 2 hours.
  • There was a Skinnydip phone case that I really wanted but they are out of stock on it on the website and when I arrived to go to their store on Monday it had just closed. It wasn’t meant to be.
  • On Wednesday evening when I was madly trying to tidy up I kicked my Dipytique candle down the toilet smashing the pot and ruining the candle. I am absolutely gutted so I’m hoping Santa brings me another one.
  • I didn’t manage to pop my old sofa on Gumtree/ Facebook groups before I went on holiday so currently, I have two sofas’s sat in my living area as well as my new corner sofa so I need to shift that soon.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Unpack everything from Italy and do all of my washing
  • Wrap all of the Christmas presents that I have so far so I can sort them all out
  • Sort out all my images from Italy and get them all uploaded and my corresponding posts written up
  • Finish up all the write-ups for my Christmas gift guides so I can schedule them all in
  • Do some form of exercise every single day whether it’s my workout DVD, weights or a trip to the gym
What have you been up to this week?
November 13, 2017

• Reply Ana De- Jesus

Ooh how did your laser treatment go? I look forward to reading your Christmas gift guides as well, I have several exciting ones coming up which should be fun 🙂 x

November 13, 2017 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply Joanna Bayford

I’d love to visit both Venice and Rome, I’m so jealous. Your new sofa looks fab I really love it! Also I need to start wrapping up Christmas gifts and writing up my gift guides too.

November 13, 2017 at 8:06 pm
  • Reply Sharon Koenig

That wall covered in comic book paraphernalia looks like something my daughter would love. What was your favorite part of Venice?

November 13, 2017 at 8:10 pm
  • Reply five little doves

I’ve just started season 2, I am obsessed! Jealous of your iPhone, I saw it today in the apple store and loved it!

November 13, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  • Reply Joline

You’ve been busy busy busy! Last week we met with our realtor. And I think next week we start house hunting!

November 14, 2017 at 1:03 am
  • Reply soonjoo

I love how you have list of great thing happened to you! It’s great way to remind and learn and also set goal for next week. I’m going to practice that method. What’s on your Christmas gift? I’m curious and also, what DVD do you use for exercise? I’m doing Yoga at home and there are so many DVD out there. Hard to pick 😉

November 14, 2017 at 1:51 am
  • Reply Aditya

I would have just finish off my projects at work, finish my tv shows,apart from that need to find new jobs as well with good salary packages for next few weeks. Last part would be difficult to do. But maybe I would go somewhere even if it is local area.

November 14, 2017 at 3:24 am
  • Reply Mayuri Saxena

You just refreshed my Rome visit! How is iPhone 8 plus? I am contemplating to buy this phone. Looking forward to reading Christmas gift ideas post 🙂

November 14, 2017 at 7:05 am
  • Reply Jess

Congrats on your one year anniversary! That’s so exciting! I’m so jealous that you got to visit Venice and Rome 🙂

November 14, 2017 at 4:01 pm
  • Reply Georgia Stallcop

Love the new couch, looks great. I am also in the middle of watching season 2 of Stranger Things. You’re right season 2 did not disappoint!

November 14, 2017 at 6:50 pm
  • Reply Jessi

Excited to read about your trip away! You’re so organised! I have so far purchased one Christmas present and that’s it. Maybe your gift guides will help me!

November 14, 2017 at 10:27 pm
  • Reply Kallia

I cannot wait to see your christmas gift guide, I need one desperately! You seem like you had loads of fun and a lot of things happened in a small amount of time! Congrats on you and your boyfriend’s 1 year anniversary!

November 15, 2017 at 3:58 pm
  • Reply Jen S

I’m always so jealous of people that live in Europe and can just head off to another country for a weekend 🙁 My weekend trips are limited to one or two states over or a nearby city in Canada. Oh well.

November 15, 2017 at 4:31 pm
  • Reply Ali Rost

Stranger Things is on our list of must-see shows. It will have to be after Breaking Bad, because we’re currently obsessed. Also, congratulations to you and your Sweetie on your one year anniversary! Here’s to many more ahead. x

November 15, 2017 at 6:47 pm
  • Reply Rachel

This is such a good idea to sum up a week or things you are happy with etc. Happy anniversary to you and your bf and hope you enjoy your new sofa!

November 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm
  • Reply shelley

Ooh this Is such a cool post!! I feel you when it comes to the too much walking. I’m always shattered after a day in London!!

November 15, 2017 at 8:05 pm
  • Reply Louise Joy

I loved Stranger Things! Also I really need to get my nails done. I see ladies come in work with beautiful nails for xmas, but I slammed my finger in a car door just before summer and broke the nail. it’s almost healed/grown back, so once it’s good again entirely I’ll be treating myself to a manicure! x

November 15, 2017 at 8:46 pm
  • Reply Emma Lofthouse-Burch

I really need to watch Stranger Things, everyone is talking about it! Your nail polish colour sounds gorgeous.

November 15, 2017 at 11:30 pm
  • Reply David Elliott

I do think this is such a cool listing of things that happened to you. I have heard that going to Venice offseason is so much better. Hope everything goes well with your exercise plan.

November 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply London Mumma

I am so jealous, you have Iphone 8, please tell me is it as amazing as everyone says and I should I buy it?

November 16, 2017 at 4:51 pm
  • Reply Newcastle Family Life

Italy sounds amazing, I would love to visit both Venice and Rome someday. I love your new sofa too, I think I need something like that as we have a lounge/dining room in one. I m a huge Stranger Things fan, I loved season two too x

November 16, 2017 at 7:43 pm
  • Reply Sophia

LOVE your new sofa! We need to invest in a new sofa next year xo

November 17, 2017 at 4:16 pm