Learning To Ski At Snozone Milton Keynes

skiing snowzone

I’ve been to the Snozone Milton Keynes a few times before as that’s where I did my indoor skydiving, I went to a gig there once overlooking the slopes and I tried my hand at snowboarding a few years back. Sadly the later proved pretty disastrous and I ended up with lumps on my knees the size of golf balls as I kept falling over. So when I was invited back to Snozone to try my hand at skiing I thought what the heck, how hard can it be.

Arriving at the center an hour before our time we booked in, got our passes and were told where we needed to go to collect our gear/ where the lockers were etc. We got our boots which are the weirdest things to wear as they’re so chunky (much more so than snowboarding boots) but we were still a bit early so wandered around watching the slopes until we got a chance to grab our skis. That’s one of the good things about the Snozone Milton Keynes is that it’s pretty open so if you want to watch your family on the slopes or just have some time to kill and are hoping to see someone fall over you can grab a drink and sit down to people watch.

Our time quickly rolled around and we got our skis and helmets, one thing to note when you get skis is that they need to know your weight to know the tension to put them on so try and know beforehand as it’s for your safety and benefit. When our lesson started our instructor led us through to the slopes where we started to learn the basics like putting our skis on, walking in them, using the sides of the skis to grip and generally moving around.

I struggled a bit at staying steady on the skis and moving anything quicker than a pigeon walk but so far I hadn’t fallen over. We walked up a bit of slope and practiced going down a bit in the right position, how to start and stop in our skis and the basic ski positions. Next up it was time to jump on the ski lift and head up a bit higher and this was where I struggled as getting off the lift proved tricky for me. Thankfully I only fell over twice during the process *oops*

We learned how to slow down when going down the slope, stopping and starting, moving direction and generally the positioning of skiing and before we knew it our hour session at Snozone Milton Keynes was up. Despite not being the best at skiing I did have a lot of fun on the slopes and found it a lot easier than snowboarding. Would I do it again? Definitely.

If you’re looking for a group activity or just want to try something new then check out the Snozone Milton Keynes and book up a taster session.

*I was provided with a complimentary family lesson but all thoughts and opinions are my own

November 3, 2017

• Reply Anna nuttall

Omg that is amazing! I should organised something like this for my husband as he would live this. xx

November 3, 2017 at 7:18 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

Oh wow what an amazing sounding experience, I wish I had learned to ski when I could have as it sounds like it can be such a fun sport.

November 3, 2017 at 7:29 pm
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

I have heard of this place but never been brave enough to actually book a visit. It sounds like fun.

November 3, 2017 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply kirsty

I’ve always wanted to learn to snowboard and I used to live down the MK way but never learnt! I might make it a new year’s resolution to learn x

November 4, 2017 at 11:06 am
  • Reply Jessica

That sounds like so much fun, I really want to try snowboarding one day! X

November 4, 2017 at 11:17 am
  • Reply Susan R

I’ve never tried snowboarding but I do enjoy skiing. Sounds like Snozone is a great place for people to learn

November 4, 2017 at 7:44 pm
  • Reply hannah

This looks great. I’ve never been skiing but i’m going to try it next month when i go on holiday

November 4, 2017 at 10:50 pm
  • Reply Anosa

Ohh, this is one of my bucket list, and I am excited to be able to experience it. Such an amazing experience you had! So happy for you!

November 5, 2017 at 10:21 am
  • Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN

Looks like great fun there. My sister loves this sort of thing and I think she bumped into her now boyfriend there . I’ve not been skiing myself in the UK.

November 5, 2017 at 1:53 pm
  • Reply Chrissy Faery

Yay! I’m so glad you had a great time! <3 I've wanted to go to this place for so many years, as it looks and sounds totally amazing! The only time I've been skiing in the UK was at a dry ski slope, and it really just wasn't the same! xx

November 5, 2017 at 6:57 pm
  • Reply Katrina

My husband did this last year and loved it we got a great voucher on groupon

November 5, 2017 at 9:30 pm
  • Reply Ting

This sounds like such a fun day out! I’ve never tried this before.

November 5, 2017 at 9:34 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth

Growing up in Canada we used to do a lot of skiing, but I haven’t been since I was in my teens. I’d love to relearn! This sounds like a fab place to do that!

November 6, 2017 at 12:19 pm
  • Reply Louise Joy

This sounds like a lot of fun, I had a snowboarding lesson here a few years back but I wasn’t very good. We’re going for my boyfriend’s birthday next week, though now I’m thinking maybe we should have chosen skiing lessons rather than snowboarding haha x

November 11, 2017 at 12:40 pm
  • Reply Phoebe Raye

I’ve definitely got to visit! How great to spend a day like this during the Christmas period. Hope it was fun!

November 15, 2017 at 11:23 am
  • Reply Sarah Irving | The Urban Wanderer

I didn’t know that about needing to tension the skis, but it makes a lot of sense. It sounds like a great experience even with the odd fall. And you’re all smiling for the photo, so that’s a good sign.

November 15, 2017 at 12:37 pm
  • Reply Starlight and Stories

You were very brave to go, I keep promising the eldest that we will then chickening out. It looks fantastic though x

November 15, 2017 at 8:53 pm
  • Reply Linda Hobbis

You’re really brave. it’s something I’ve always wanted to try but can’t bring myself to do. It’s the fear of injury and looking a complete plonker in front of the kids that does it!

November 16, 2017 at 9:43 am
  • Reply Michelle

Skiing is not for me!! But my sister and brother-in-law love it! Sounds like you had fun 😀

November 16, 2017 at 10:16 am
  • Reply Kaz | Ickle Pickles Life and Travels

This looks fantastic – my teen daughter would love this so much! I would be rubbish! Kaz x

November 16, 2017 at 7:58 pm
  • Reply Erica Price

It’s been so long since I’ve been ski-ing (it was in the last century). I would need to do something like this if I ever got to go again.

November 17, 2017 at 10:57 am
  • Reply Anca

Sounds great. I haven’t try skying before, but I would like to try it like this, in a sports centre nearby, in a weekend. I’ll look for ones that are closer to me.

November 17, 2017 at 11:26 am
  • Reply Joanna Bayford

I don’t live far from milton keynes and visit often but I’ve never been skiing I wish i had the confidence to do so.

November 17, 2017 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply Olivia

This sounds like a great experience, perfect way to do some family bonding. 🙂

November 17, 2017 at 9:01 pm