Four Things I Use To Help Prepare For A Festive Night Out

Four Things I Use To Help Prepare For A Festive Night Out

I don’t dress up an awful lot but part of that is because I don’t have a huge amount of dresses I love and I don’t always have the time to do it properly. Christmas is that time of the year when I do love to make an effort as there’s the big day when me and my family like to dress up. There’s New Year which is the epitome of party, especially as this year I’m going to a hotel dinner/ dance with my boyfriend and his family. Plus I have three of my closest friends’ who all have birthdays within a week surrounding Christmas so we love to go out and dress up for the event.

I’m not great with my general skincare/ body upkeep routine so when I go out it’s an excuse to spend about a week getting ready for the event so here are some items which I love using to prep myself ahead of party season.

A good mirror

Now the first item isn’t directly a skincare/ beauty item but it’s a massive must need in the process of getting ready. In my bedroom I had a cheap pink plastic mirror above my chest of drawers which had needed replacing for a long time so when I saw this stunning gold framed vintage mirror* from Melody Maison I knew it would be the perfect replacement.

I have a bit of a gold theme going on in my bedroom so the colouring was perfect and with the vintage feel it isn’t a brassy cheap looking gold colour, it’s a simple looking mirror but looks perfect in my room. I always use a mirror in this spot to do my hair as I have my hairdryer and brushes located here so I need something with a good size to be able to do this. It’s also very sturdy as there are two hooks on the back to keep it secure on both sides.

Botanics Collection

Botanics Skincare

As I said above I am rubbish when it comes to a skincare routine but one thing which I always use is moisturiser. As I approach my 30’s I have started to think about youth protecting creams so I have been using the Botanics Radiant Youth Protecting Day Cream* as it sinks into my skin well, gives it that little bounce and it has SPF 15 in it. I know people always say you should put SPF on your skin regardless of the weather and until recently I’ve been so bad at this. Alongside this I try to use the Radiant Youth Hydrating Eye Cream* as I am convinced that this is the area for me which will age the most.

In the lead up to party season – and to be honest throughout the year – I try and use the Radiant Youth Microdermabrasion Polish* once a week as it’s a skin polishing formula which is designed to gently remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin which boosts skin brightness and luminosity. I am pretty bad when it comes to scrubs but I can just about manage this once a week, especially knowing that the extracts of the Gingko plant included in it are meant to wind back any visible signs of aging.

I sometimes suffer from dry skin – especially in the winter months – mainly on my forehead and around my nose but this Botanics Organic Super Balm* has been a life saver as it adds a touch of hydrating to my skin. It melts into the skin and works both underneath and on top of makeup so I always try and have it on me.

Frizz Ease

John Frieda Haircare

I’m at a point now where I no longer wash my hair every single day and instead have moved to every other. This might still sound like a lot but it’s a huge jump for me that I am very happy with and alongside this I now condition my hair once or twice a week especially when it feels like it needs an added hydration boost.

John Frieda is a haircare brand which I have used for years flitting between the Radiant Red collection when I have freshly dyed hair or their other collections when I’m sporting a faded auburn look. The Frizz Ease collection is perfect for this time of the year and I try and make sure I always use the Heat Defeat Protecting Spray* as I do sometimes worry at the damage that blow drying my hair could do. The spray is designed to replenish my hair leaving it smooth and moisturised and I always find my hair feels a bit more polished whenever I use it.

Some Body Superdrug

Some Body Tea Detox

I’ve been a huge fan of tea detox’s as I do find that they’re a great way to make me feel less bloated so when Superdrug unveiled their new Some Body range I gave the Teatox 14 Day Detox & Cleanse* a try and I’ve been really pleased with how it’s made me feel. When I know I have a night out planned I try and pre-plan to do a tea detox a few weeks before alongside cutting out fizzy drinks and ready meals as I find this clears my skin up as well as leaving me less bloated.

The new range which includes protein powders, popcorn, natural bars, water, and supplements are everything that you need to power an active lifestyle.

1. December 6, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Good guide on what to have prepared for a festive night out. I have a ritual that I stick to

2. December 6, 2017 / 9:56 pm

What a great round up of things to do to prepare for a night out, I really need to try more of the Frizz Ease range, my hair is a frizzy nightmare!

3. Nina
    December 7, 2017 / 1:08 am

Such a great post – I love the variety of products you’ve included! I definitely need to try that cleanser and tone, they sound and look fab!

4. December 7, 2017 / 3:50 am

I love all of these products, John Frieda has always been in my hair care collection, the serum is my favorite.

5. December 7, 2017 / 5:09 am

This is so true. A good mirror is a must. I already use and love the botanical range. John freeda serum is a big yes x

6. Joanna
    December 7, 2017 / 8:15 am

I have used quite a few products from John Frieda and they have always raised to my expectations. I didn’t try Botanics yet. I agree that having a big mirror helps a lot when you are getting ready for a night out.

7. December 7, 2017 / 10:35 am

A good mirror is definitely a must-have, and it can really help create a lovely room atmosphere. That tea sounds interesting too…

8. December 7, 2017 / 2:07 pm

I’ve never thought of getting some detox tea for the morning after. I don’t really drink, but I normally have a few over the festive season, so I’ll have to go and get some detox tea for the morning after.

9. December 7, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Getting ready for a night out is a big part of the fun, isn’t it! You are right, a good mirror is essential, I do like the one you have, got that modern retro look to it.

10. December 7, 2017 / 4:55 pm

I’d love to try that Botanics Skincare, it looks great. That Detox Tea is good too, to cleanse the body.

11. December 7, 2017 / 7:43 pm

I love the John Freida Collection, it makes your hair feel so great!

12. December 7, 2017 / 8:11 pm

I love John Freida hair products. The straightening stuff is amazing!

13. December 7, 2017 / 8:45 pm

This is such a helpful guide! I like the john Frieda collection, it works wonders on my hair

14. December 8, 2017 / 12:34 am

What a super pre Christmas celebration pamper list. I’m like you and make more effort around Christmas. I think it’s ‘cos I’m so knackered and haggard looking doing all the prep 😉

15. December 8, 2017 / 11:16 am

We recently invested in some large mirrors & what a difference they make! I use John Frieda on my hair & wouldn’t go back to anything else now! x

16. December 8, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Love Botanics too ! So affordable ! Love this post , real simple yet very useful !

17. December 8, 2017 / 4:21 pm

I love the Frizz Ease series. It’s the only thing to get my frizzy fly away hair under control!

18. December 8, 2017 / 11:30 pm

My night out routine has been shortened so much I can be ready to go in about 5minutes now. Need to claw back some time for myself!

19. December 10, 2017 / 11:57 am

What a great roundup of things you use to prepare for a night out. I’ve not used any John Freida products in years – I may have to pick some up to see how they compare now to when I was young and used them all the time 🙂

Louise x

20. Hannah
    December 10, 2017 / 5:25 pm

A good mirror is so important! I need to try those hair products too x

21. December 10, 2017 / 8:34 pm

John Frieda is great! I’ve never tried a tea detox but always been tempted.