Things I Love About My iPhone 8 Plus

Now right up until a few weeks ago I was an android only user and had never owned an iPhone despite having both a Macbook and an Ipad. Now I have never had an iPhone and steered cleared from the hype for a lot of years but finally, I have succumbed to the dark side and when my phone renewal came up I put my order in for the iPhone 8 Plus.

I’ve had the phone for about 7 weeks now so a reasonable amount of time and while the transition from Android to apple wasn’t the easiest I know it’s something I won’t have to worry about again, and the only thing I’m sad about is there was no way of transferring my WhatsApp messages across. We tried everything including some app’s, iCloud and Gmail and it just wasn’t happening.

Despite this I am so happy with my new phone and here are some things I’m loving about it.

The battery life is better

I know the plus has a larger battery capacity than the regular iPhone’s anyway but I have found that the battery life on my iPhone is so much better than my old android. If anything I am using my phone more than I ever used to and I’m only charging it every other night without it running out. Despite this I do always carry around a Powerbank with me just in case for those days and nights when I might use my phone more, just in case. Thankfully now I don’t have to carry a huge bulky one out I can take a sleeker nice looking one like this one from USB Makers which says ‘Make It Happen’. This power bank is pretty dinky and fits in my bag so well and when I use it, it looks so much nicer out than a horrible plain black box.

Phone Case

More compatible accessories

This is going to sound a bit sad but I absolutely love Skinnydip cases but was always annoyed that they didn’t come compatible with that many phones so one of the first things I did when I bought my iPhone was grab a case and I went for a sparkly pumpkin one so I’m all out Autumn. I know I’ll end up with a whole load of cases and I’ll swap them around quite often but having an iPhone opens up so many doors to new accessories such as cases with inbuilt battery packs and so much more.

Now I have an expensive phone though I’ve been pushing towards more practical case as it’s an expensive phone and this case from Tech 21 is perfect. I have the Evo Wallet Active Edition* which is everything you could want in a phone case. The first thing I noticed was how thin and lightweight the case was despite having a 3m/10ft 3-layer drop protection within it. The drop protection is perfect for me as although I’m not super clumsy it is so easy to drop a phone especially when you’re active. The case has easy access to all ports and the lightning dock but the best thing about it is the detachable storage.

Normally I’m not a fan of the cardholder cases as I don’t always like flapping it open but it’s handy to have the option if you’re on a night out without a purse or heading to the gym and want to store your membership card. You can slide out the storage whenever you’re not using it which is easy to do and something I’ve not seen on any other phone.

Apple is so much more user-friendly

Everything which I have done on my iPhone seems far more geared up to actual users and it’s easier to find contacts, search for app’s and generally move about the phone. And the Wallet might well be the best thing ever invented as being able to have all my e-tickets in one place is genius, I even managed to use it for boarding passes when I went on holiday.

Ixpand Flash Drive

Huge amounts of storage

On my old android phone I was always running out of storage space and a survey by Western Digital found that nearly half (49%) of Brits had run out of storage on their main smartphone so I knew I didn’t want this to happen on my phone but iPhone 8 Plus only comes in 64gb which isn’t big enough or 256gb which seemed a bit excessive. Thankfully as I have masses of storage now I don’t have to worry about debating anything but I do have a SanDisk iXpand* on backup as it’s an easy way to free up space on your iPhone by automatically backing up your camera roll, and you can even watch videos straight from the drive.

All you have to do is use the lightning connector and USB to move photos and videos without cables and to keep things private the iXpand lets you encrypt files for secure transfers.

Apps seem to work better

I re-downloaded the majority of the app’s I had on the phone and I just find that a lot of them seem to work better in Ios format than in android form. A lot of them swipe through screens easier, they never crash like I used to have with the Android versions and they all seem easier to log in such as banking apps where I can just use the touch ID to log in as opposed to always having to type in username’s and passwords.

What phone do you have?

Things I Love About My iPhone 8 Plus

December 3, 2017

• Reply Starlight and Stories

I’ve had iPhones for years except for one contract where I decided I would be better off with an Android. It’s a mistake I haven’t made since. iPhones are definitely the best.

December 4, 2017 at 8:58 am
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

You really did go to the dark side haha but it sounds like it was worth it! I could always use more storage with the amount of photos I have on my phone haha!

December 4, 2017 at 10:25 pm
  • Reply Rosana @ Hot&CHilli Food and Travel Blog

I was thinking about getting the iphone 8 plus,. but instead went for the X which arrived last night. So Not sure if I made the right decision yet.Great hack the sandisk ixpand! love t! R

December 5, 2017 at 9:05 am
  • Reply kirsty

I’ve noticed that when Apple release a new Iphone the older one have so many issues. I must admit I’ve had an iphone since they first launched and could never go with a different phone! I do love the camera quality on the new iphones.

December 5, 2017 at 1:28 pm
  • Reply Jenni

I have always had an apple phone, they have their haters but love mine

December 5, 2017 at 4:23 pm
  • Reply Milly Youngman

See, I’m an Android girl – but having seen the iPhone 8 Plus, agree that it’s a really good phone!

December 5, 2017 at 5:31 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I was always the same as you until I held and used this one for the first time x

December 7, 2017 at 10:02 am
  • Reply Leigh Travers

I’ve had iPhones for years, but I’ve only just swapped over to a Google Pixel because the battery life and the storage filling up constantly drove me insane (the Pixel has unlimited photo storage which is what used to stress me out, haha!). However, the iPhone 8 sounds tons better than it’s predecessors!

December 6, 2017 at 12:51 pm
  • Reply Vicky

This post definitely makes me a bit curious about iPhones again but I don’t know if I’d ever get one, just on principle more than anything. Also I drop my phone at least once a day and androids are so hard to smash in comparison to iPhones.

I’ve got a relatively cheap android at the moment. I think it’s a HTC desire something or other but it’s serving me well.

V ❤️

December 6, 2017 at 9:20 pm
  • Reply Ting

I’m in the market for a new phone soon and I have been debating whether to switch back from android to iphone. They’re so expensive though!

December 7, 2017 at 12:21 am
  • Reply Sabrina

I have no iphones, but I have friends that have it I really liked it but I’m just gonna stick to my old phone right now I like this a lot too! but one day I would try to have one….

December 7, 2017 at 4:03 pm
  • Reply Helen

I have an iPhone and have for quite a lot of years now. I don’t think I could ever switch back to android now. Id not heard of the iXpand before, that’s definitely something I could do with.

December 7, 2017 at 7:34 pm
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

Ooh I am looking for a phone with a decent battery life and decent amount of storage and have been looking around- might have to opt for an iPhone 8 Plus

December 7, 2017 at 9:29 pm
  • Reply Ali Rost

I’ve been coveting the iPhone 8 before I knew it had a longer battery life. That’s such a great feature! x

December 8, 2017 at 12:49 am
  • Reply Crystal

I can’t wait to upgrade to the iPhone 8. I just have the 6.

December 8, 2017 at 2:17 am
  • Reply Ut Minh

I’m a fan of the iPhone, I really like the features and quality of its camera. The iPhone 8 Plus has a long battery life.

December 8, 2017 at 2:29 am
  • Reply kavita

I don’t have iPhone and in future, if I will purchase it just because of the storage space. iPhone is surely a worthy product with notable features.

December 8, 2017 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Lauretta at Home and Horizon

A good battery and storage capacity is always a must for me.

December 8, 2017 at 1:09 pm
  • Reply Shahneela

Looking for a new phone. I really like the quality of it’s camera and long battery life is a plus.

December 8, 2017 at 2:47 pm
  • Reply Jake Ferrer

Apple are the best phone ever. I have a n iphone 5s for now. I hope i can gave my phone upgraded in iphone 8.

December 9, 2017 at 7:59 am
  • Reply Akamatra

I have never used an apple phone. I like the android ones too much to consider spending much more on another system.

December 9, 2017 at 5:07 pm
  • Reply eliza

I had been an apple user for sometime now, and I would be an alien to use android to be honest. So far still enjoying iphone and mac so far.

December 9, 2017 at 10:12 pm
  • Reply Kristina

I love apple products, I gave up on Android years ago and I’ve never looked back haha I want to get the iPhone 8, as the plus is a bit too big for me, but then the camera is sooo much better… decisions huh

December 10, 2017 at 11:36 am
  • Reply Thena Franssen

How sad to say I don’t have an Iphone, never have. It’s not due to lack of wanting one…it’s just that I don’t see the point for me to have it when I break every phone I have in a matter of months!

December 10, 2017 at 1:08 pm
  • Reply Sheri

I almost bought an iPhone 8 after years of using Apple and upgrading to the newest ones. Last week I decided to get a Samsung and I LOVE it.

December 11, 2017 at 7:39 am
  • Reply Ashleigh-Jayne O'Connell

I have the 8+ too! My favourite feature is Portrait mode and it’s really made everything look so much better. You’re better, the apps do seem to work better, I very rarely have anything crashing any more and additional storage is such a god send!

December 11, 2017 at 10:27 am