Five Things – Week 100

Five Things – Week 100

Five Things I Did Last Week

• Over the beginning of the week, we had a chilled few days of watching a few movies, doing some home cooking and it was nice to just relax and sit back a little bit.
  • On Thursday I had my final laser hair removal appointment (that it until I need more) and when I got back me and my boyfriend went for a nice Nando’s.
  • On Friday we headed to Vauxhall to try out axe throwing which I was pretty bad at but my boyfriend only went and won the whole tournament. It was so much fun and such a great way to spend an evening.
  • On Saturday I headed back to London to catch up with a friend and it was a nice day of eating, drinking and wandering around London.
  • The week ended with us heading to Horley near Gatwick Airport to do some Formula 1 simulation driving which was so much fun but I just didn’t put my foot down enough so I didn’t do too well. Yet again my boyfriend managed to win against everyone.

Five Great Things To Happen

• On Wednesday I booked a really good deal from Secret Escapes for a two-night stay on the Isle of Wight. It’s somewhere I’ve been meaning to visit for ages and the deal was so good to not book.
  • It seemed like a day of booking things as I booked my flights to head to Romania in August and I am so excited to explore Transylvania and everything Dracula related.
  • I lost half a pound at Slimming World this week and although I wish it had been more I know that I had a couple of meals out so I wasn’t on target all of the time.
  • I managed to do a lot of walking and exploring on Saturday before and during the time that I met up with my friend which is great as I don’t get out and walk as much as I should.
  • I’ve started eating more of my food from the freezer which is great as I am quite a horder and never really clear it out.

whistle punks

Five Things Which Sucked

• Our mattress arrived on Friday but due to getting it to my flat we didn’t manage to set up the new bed this week which has meant the boxes and mess has stayed all week long.
  • On Friday night when we got home from Axe Throwing we found someone had smashed in the back window of my boyfriend’s car and then also taken a suit bag which had a tux and dress in it. I can’t believe people would do this.
  • I went to two different Boots stores on Saturday which showed that they had stock of a particular product which unfortunately they didn’t seem to have which was annoying as I went a bit out of my way.
  • I had some really bad news about a close friend of mine and her health and I’m keeping everything crossed that things go well for her.
  • My mum was ill again on our aqua aerobics class day so although I did still do a work out I didn’t get to go to aqua which I did miss.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Make our new bed and set up the new mattress, bedding and bedside tables
  • Pack up and send all sold eBay items and add more things to the site
  • Make a small plan for Luxemburg as we go next Friday and I have no idea about what we want to do when we’re there
  • Have a full-on relaxing bubble bath with a face and hair mask as I feel like me and my body need a little TLC
  • Eat well to get back on track with Slimming World
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 100

1. Hannah
    January 29, 2018 / 5:23 pm

Id like to have laser hair removal, been looking at it for a while

2. January 29, 2018 / 6:04 pm

I need to get going with my ebay selling. Sorry that happened to your car, that’s horrible. I would LOVE to have laser hair removal, has it worked well for you?

• Rhian Westbury
      January 30, 2018 / 10:32 am

Yes it seems to have worked really well for me, barely need to shave. I’ll probably do one or two top ups a year to keep it like that x

3. January 29, 2018 / 8:09 pm

That’s nice you are going to Romania. If you need any tips for your trips, ask me. 🙂 I grew up in Transylvania.

4. January 29, 2018 / 9:54 pm

A 2 night away to isle of wight sounds fab! I’ve been once for 4 nights and want to go back for a full week next time. How exciting about your plans to go Romania I bet you can’t wait for August to come around! Sorry to hear about what happend to your car.

5. January 30, 2018 / 12:30 am

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, I am sending rainbow unicorns and sprinkles her way, but on a more positive note, hope you have a lovely time in Romania and the isle of wight. The isle of wight is a lot of fun 🙂

6. January 30, 2018 / 1:35 am

How have you found having laser hair removal? Can I just say Axe throwing sounds amazing though I would be pretty rubbish at it as well.

• Rhian Westbury
      January 30, 2018 / 10:33 am

I’ve found it really good, it’s massively reduced growth x

7. January 30, 2018 / 10:37 am

I love the secret escapes site. It has some great deals although unfortunately it’s mainly just adults so we struggle to find family deals on there.

8. January 30, 2018 / 2:03 pm

Congrats on the weight loss. Bad boots though, I hate when the stock checks are wrong – so annoying and a wasted journey x

9. January 30, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I love it how you keep listing things like what has happened, as well as what you want to happen in the future. It is such a great way to keep in check of things you want done. Sorry to hear about mum and your friend. Hope all is well with them.

10. Dannii
    January 30, 2018 / 4:43 pm

I have been seeing loads of people trying out axe throwing recently. It looks like something different to do for date night.

11. January 30, 2018 / 4:50 pm

Axe throwing sounds like so much fun I reckon I would be good at that. I could really do with a nice trip away so jealous but hope you have a great time x

12. January 30, 2018 / 6:51 pm

I really like how you think about things in 5s it’s a really good way to reflect. Glad to hear it’s not all been doom and gloom although the break in to the car must have seriously sucked!

13. January 30, 2018 / 8:35 pm

I keep hearing so many great things about Secret Escapes. I definitely need to check it out!

14. Ali - We Made This Life
    January 30, 2018 / 10:01 pm

Wow you’ve had a week of highs and lows haven’t you. I can’t believe someone stole a suit bag out of your car, I’d have been really upset.

15. January 30, 2018 / 10:03 pm

Your week sounds great and I love that your on a weight loss plan. Me too. It can be hard at times but well done on 1 pound.

16. January 30, 2018 / 11:10 pm

Brilliant 5 things post, as always. You make me constantly want to try new things.
    This time around it is Axe Throwing!!! Sounds brilliant….. would love to hear more about it.
    Hopefully you will get organised for Luxembourg, but either way I am sure you will have an amazing trip… I look forward to reading more about it xx

17. January 31, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Oh no! Such a shame about car window and a suitcase. I hope the dress wasn’t super special to you.

18. January 31, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I love getting a new bed makes me feel like a new woman for a few days until my oldie creaks set in ha. Have an amazing time in Luxemburg lovely im sure you will have awesome time x

19. January 31, 2018 / 6:51 pm

I was just reading down your lists and thinking it all sounds lovely, with some really nice things; until I got to the part that sucks. How awful that your boyfriend’s car window was broken, and that things were taken. Just horrible. Hope you are now enjoying your mattress.

20. Helen
    January 31, 2018 / 7:48 pm

I’m so sorry the car was broken in to. You just can’t have anything without people helping themselves can you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your friend too. Axe throwing sounds so much fun, I’d love to have a go myself.

21. February 1, 2018 / 2:50 am

Good job on the pounds lost. At least yous till shed some even you had those meals.

22. February 1, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Interesting that you are having laser treatment, I would like to try it too. I am currently doing IPL which is also a good alternative and good to use at home. Need to look at Secret Escapes for deals.

23. February 1, 2018 / 10:42 pm

I’ve been to Whistle Punks too and it’s so much fun!! Most of the time my axe just clattered to the floor hahah

24. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    February 2, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I have heard good things about Secret Escape and it sounds so interesting. I will definitely check this out.

25. Aimee Bradley
    February 4, 2018 / 7:27 pm

Love love love the Isle of Wight. Not been in years. Well since I was little. It’s where we went for family holidays.