Five Things – Week 97

Five Things – Week 97

Five Things I Did Last Week

• Tuesday was a bit of a tough day as it was the first proper day back to work and although I didn’t like the idea of having to set an alarm and get up it was nice to get back into some sort of reality and normality.
  • On Wednesday I headed back to Slimming World and although we didn’t stay this week (as no one else did) I was very happy with the results.
  • Thursday saw me head back to aqua aerobics and although it was tough getting back to it I am so happy to have my routine back and be starting to work out again.
  • On Friday evening I headed over to my boyfriend’s house to have dinner with his family where I had a lovely turkey stew and we got to chill out for the night.
  • On Saturday I headed into London to do some shopping on Oxford Street (mainly picking up orders) and it was so nice and much quieter than any other time I’ve been. I had a lovely solo breakfast and then met my boyfriend in the afternoon to finally visit Chin Chin Labs and have a nice late lunch.

Five Great Things To Happen

• Somehow I managed to lose half a pound at Slimming World this week and I am over the moon. Meals wise I have pretty good but I did snack a lot on chocolate over the New Year/ Pre going back to work period so I am very thankful.
  • Some of my sale shopping purchases have started to come through and I am so happy with some of the bargains I managed to pick up this year including my new Ted Baker purse.
  • I have cracked straight into my January goals and have been doing pretty well clearing out my flat and getting rid of stuff I really don’t need/ want.
  • I am so happy with my Wire Grid board which I bought on the sale in Urban Outfitters and it looks absolutely amazing up in my flat. Thanks to Zoe London for putting the link out on Twitter where I saw it.
  • I have been doing really well with my January goals which span savings, blogs, personal and other areas. I do think breaking down my whole year goals into manageable monthly chunks is a far more achievable way of approaching them.

Twisted Peppermint Candle

Five Things Which Sucked

• On Sunday I had one of those days where I just felt exhausted all day, napping in the afternoon and just not being as productive as I’d have liked to be. I know my body would have needed that but I always hate not getting stuff done.
  • I didn’t manage to sort out my CV like I said last week so I need to make time to do it this week.
  • I’ve still been eating a bit more chocolate and sweets than I would have liked and it’s making me a bit little worried about this week’s Slimming World.
  • I realised I bought totally the wrong size frame for something I wanted to put up which means that I have to wait until I get the right frame before I can put it up. Serves me right for not checking before I ordered.
  • Recently I’ve been getting less excited about some of the images I am creating for my blog and want to get more creative with placements and props as I hate not being totally satisfied.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Clear out my wardrobe and be ruthless with the clothes that I keep.
  • Have a relax around my birthday and enjoy the celebrations.
  • Finalise dates for my trip to Romania with my bestie and get the flights booked.
  • Make a list of all the items which I need to add to eBay after various sort-outs, especially clothing wise.
  • Start making a list of all the ideas I have for my blog in 2018 from brands I’d love to work with to creative ideas I want to execute.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 97

1. January 8, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Its great that you have listed out 5 things that was good, bad and you wish to accomplish, this keeps you on track. Good luck with your weight loss.

2. January 8, 2018 / 7:19 pm

It is great that you have been able to find a budget that works for you and have even managed to pick up some bargains in the sales like a ‘Ted Baker purse’. I bet that the purse is pretty!

3. hannah Wood
    January 8, 2018 / 8:03 pm

I am still on Slimming World this has been the best one for me, I have done so many in the past but this one sure works so well I have to say.

4. January 8, 2018 / 8:26 pm

It sounds like you have had so many things going on – I have to admit I had to good a wire grid (so out the loop LOL). Good luck with finalising your trip to Romania!

5. January 8, 2018 / 9:02 pm

I’d love to hear how you get on with slimming world – have heard such good things about it 🙂

6. January 8, 2018 / 9:41 pm

Well done on losing half a pound. I am also worrying about this weeks SW – Olivia’s birthday doesn’t lend itself to healthy eating

7. January 8, 2018 / 10:16 pm

I really need to cut down on the sweets and chocolates, I just have so much left over from Christmas 🙁 I’d love to give aqua aerobics a go though!

8. January 9, 2018 / 12:46 pm

I am clearing out too. I love aqua aerobics, as it is so low impact and really fun too x

9. January 9, 2018 / 1:05 pm

Oh wow I’m so jealous that you are visiting Romania!
    I also need to have a wardrobe clear out at some point this week x

10. January 9, 2018 / 2:43 pm

Aqua Aerobics sound so much fun and I’m glad you’ve been able to go and enjoy it! Hope you get round to sorting out the cv soon x

11. January 9, 2018 / 10:34 pm

Sounds like you have been up to a lot! How exciting that you are going to Romania

12. Katrina
    January 10, 2018 / 8:51 am

Not a bad week at all I would certainly say the good out weigh the bad here!

13. January 10, 2018 / 1:31 pm

We picked up some amazing bargains in the sale too! Very happy with our purchases and its nice to find treasure online and on the high street. Sorry you felt exhausted and its never good at this time of year. Well done for the weight loss!

14. January 10, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Ah sounds like you have some good goals set for the following week. Very similar to mine. This week has seen me find the fatigue hitting really had and my productivity isn’t what I wanted.

15. January 10, 2018 / 9:11 pm

It seems like you had a lovely week. I used to go to aqua aerobics when I was younger, I really enjoyed it. I need to start clearing out and decluttering!

16. Sarah Ann
    January 10, 2018 / 10:29 pm

Ah I still need to get myself back on the Slimming World bandwagon but I’m just not motivated, grr!

17. Michelle Murray
    January 11, 2018 / 2:19 pm

I am back to slimming world too this month. I am ready to shed some pounds after over eating at Christmas

18. January 12, 2018 / 12:24 am

Congratulations on your weight loss! I’ve been wanting to do aqua aerobics for a while now, and since I injured my leg I think it’ll be a great way to rehabilitate it. Love your 5 things posts, how can it already be number 97?! xx

19. Dannii
    January 12, 2018 / 9:22 am

It’s so hard going back to work after the long break isn’t it. I’m still struggling, and I’m ill too. Well done on the slimming world loss.

20. January 12, 2018 / 9:19 pm

It seems you had a great week. I love the idea of planning ahead. I do that as well and it makes life easier for me. Also it’s good to know you are planning on a visit to Romania. I’ve visited Bucharest once, and I loved the place. I believe you will enjoy your stay in Romania as well. By the way, Happy birthday in advance.

21. January 14, 2018 / 10:13 pm

This is such a cool idea for a blogpost – isn’t Chin chin ice cream so delicious! I’m also quite envious of your wire frame!

22. January 15, 2018 / 12:07 am

You definitely threw yourself back into the routine – good girl for incorporating a trip to SW in there too. I think this time of year is pretty typical for us all to be reevaluating our blogs and being self critical. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

23. January 16, 2018 / 11:59 pm

How did that ruthless sort out go? I did okay,I donated 40 books to charity but I need to be more “ruthless”

The cheetah and I are wishing you a early “Happy Birthday”!!