Impending Travel Plans For 2018

Impending Travel Plans For 2018
Image taken by Hannah on Bow Dream Nation

Back in August when I did a post about whether I’d hit my 30 countries before 30 I briefly spoke about my potential travel plans for 2018 but I thought I’d do a whole post on them as I’ve finalized some trips and properly got into thinking about some others so here’s what 2018 should have in store for me.

Luxembourg

Now the premise behind this trip is pretty much the fact that I have a scratch map and because Luxembourg is so small I accidentally scratched it off so basically I need to visit there so I’m not lying on my map (or that’s my excuse at least). I booked a lovely hotel for two nights just before Valentines Day so me and my boyfriend can have a long weekend away just relaxing. Yes we will pop out and explore a little bit but our main reason for going is to get away and have a break. We booked the flight last week so now we’re all good to go.

new york skyline

New York

This is the one trip which is properly 100% booked and for my boyfriend’s birthday in mid-March, we are going to New York for his first trip to the States and I am so excited to show him around one of my favourite cities in the world. There’s an Ice Hockey game going on at Madison Square Garden on his actual birthday so we’ve got some tickets for this and I have sorted out some other cool bits for his birthday. It’s just really going to be a full-on four days of exploring the city and eating everything in sight. Another thing I am very excited for is that I have two collaborations with brands sorted for when we are away so keep your eyes peeled when my post- trip write ups go live.

dubrovnikImage taken by Abi of What Abigail Says

Dubrovnik

Me and my boyfriend are planning on doing a four or five day cheap trip to Dubrovnik probably around September- October after the kids have gone back to school. I’ve found a nice villa with a pool which is only a 15-20 minute bus ride from the city centre and I love the idea of being able to relax, sunbathe, swim and read a book some time but also hope into the city centre to walk the wall and do some Game of Thrones site spotting.

bran castle romaniaImage taken by Faith from Life Out There

Romania

Me and my best friend always have a long weekend away each year, we went to Prague this year and have done Copenhagen and Sweden before as well so in 2018 we’ve decided upon Romania. We chose this country as I’ve heard a lot of good things about Bucharest, it’s meant to be cheap and full of street art which is good in both of our books but also because we want to do a trip out to Transylvania and spend some time at Bran Castle which is the ‘Dracula’ castle. There’s a lot of planning I want to do around this trip to work out the best way of doing it but I can not wait.

Dubai

I am really keen to make my first trip to Asia in 2018 and because I don’t have any ‘big holidays’ planned I do have enough days off work to potentially tick this one off. Plus there are some great Destination2 Dubai deals to be had making it feel even more realistic. I’d absolutely love to go when it’s a bit on the warm side (although not too hot as I won’t be able to deal with it) and then just relax for once. I do very few relaxing holidays so the idea of lounging by a pool is pretty alien to me. Of course, I’d do a little exploring as you can’t not when you’re on the other side of the world.

German Christmas Market

Image taken by Samantha of Written by SJSmith

Cologne

Every year I say I want to go to a proper European Christmas market but every year December gets crammed up and I don’t make it so in 2018 I want to do a quick two-night stay in Cologne and experience a real authentic Christmas market. I’ve been to the Birmingham Christmas market before which is the biggest German market outside of the home country and I’ve always loved it, plus Cologne is somewhere I’ve been dying to explore for ages, especially those gothic cathedrals.

Now, these are just the things I currently have planned although I’d love to head to a new destination in Italy during 2018 as it’s one of my favourite countries perhaps Florence or Verona next time. I’d also love 2018 to be the year I make my first trip to Asia as I was meant to go to Bali in 2017 but plans changed and with the Easter weekend currently being free for me I’d love to join a tour and spend 10 days or so exploring a totally new area as I know it would be a trip of a lifetime.

Do you have any travel plans for 2018?

Impending Travel Plans For 2018

This post was written in collaboration with Destination2 and Exodus but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. January 3, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Loving your reasons for travelling to Luxembourg – it is a beautiful country, if on the small side LOL. I would love to vsiit New York too

2. January 3, 2018 / 5:25 pm

I feel like I should get a scratch map and accidentally scratch sections off and use that as an excuse to my husband 😀 But this is a great list! So far the only thing we have planned is a 10 day tour of the Scottish Highlands in July, something we’ve been planning to do for a long time but always ended up somewhere else. I’d really love to book a city break for Valentine’s Day though.

3. Kirsten
    January 3, 2018 / 6:10 pm

Goodness, I stand in awe of you Rhian! Love your New York plans as well as the New Year on Iceland. My travel plans at the moment consist of vague plans to travel round Sicilia… maybe in September… We are buying a house though so that is pretty exciting!

4. January 3, 2018 / 6:57 pm

Wow, loving all the places that you are heading to and can’t wait for you to be sharing it in blog posts

5. January 3, 2018 / 9:37 pm

Oh I love these plans! I really want to visit New York, I think it’s on everyones bucket list but there is just so much I want to see there! I want to go at Christmas but not sure that would ever happen, so maybe autumn time!

6. January 3, 2018 / 11:09 pm

I am so jealous that you are going to go to New York and I think it is so nice that you are treating your partner to his first trip to the states. I am definitely hoping that I will be able to travel more!

7. Hannah
    January 3, 2018 / 11:40 pm

Dubrovnik is great. I went there last year and loved it

8. January 3, 2018 / 11:51 pm

That will be an amazing birthday for your boyfriend! I want to visit wherever that photo is from by What Abigail Says

9. January 4, 2018 / 12:16 am

Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead. Safe travels!

10. Lynne Harper
    January 4, 2018 / 9:57 am

I’m loving your list of places you want to visit. Like you I would love to visit a Christmas market somewhere else. We just booked a ski trip for Easter I’m so excited x

11. January 4, 2018 / 11:46 am

Romania, a country I would love to visit one day. For me Iceland, for the northern lights and dramatic scenery.

12. January 4, 2018 / 12:23 pm

Wow, you’ve got some amazing trips in the pipeline for 2018! I’m looking forward to hearing all about them.

13. January 4, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Sounds like a brilliant selection! I have a couple of things planned for the beginning of the year but nothing from the Summer onwards. Cant wait to hear all about your trips

14. January 4, 2018 / 2:44 pm

Oh my goodness you have some amazing places planned for 2018, I would love to visit them all as well but I think New York has to be top of my list, definitely a city I would love to see!

15. January 4, 2018 / 3:08 pm

Your reason for visiting Luxembourg made me laugh – sounds like the sort of thing i would do! This year we are having a baby in June so our travel plans are limited – going to Warsaw in February and Mallorca in March and then no other travel is planned as of yet xx

16. January 4, 2018 / 5:06 pm

What amazing travel plans you have! I am so envious of your trip to New York, one day I would love to go there. I have no travel plans this year, I’m a bit limited with two children so young! I will enjoy reading about your adventures though!

17. January 4, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Oh my gosh there are some amazing places your are due to visit. Romania market looks full of goodies and somewhere I would love to explore

18. January 5, 2018 / 2:45 am

I get excited just by reading, I can’t imagine the level of excitement you have for these travel plans. Can’t wait to read about them.

19. January 5, 2018 / 12:43 pm

Looks like you have an exciting year of travel ahead!! I’d love to go to Dubrovnik – I want to see all the game of thrones sets!

20. Helen
    January 5, 2018 / 8:14 pm

All of your travel plans sound amazing. New York must be amazing, it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go. We’re still deciding where and when we are going this year. I’m hoping to try see Portugal, Venice, Athens, a week on a sun lounger and maybe a couple of UK breaks too. There’s a few big jobs I need to do this year in the house so I need to really work out if my budget stretches to all those plans!

21. January 5, 2018 / 8:15 pm

You’ve got some exciting places lined up! I would LOOOVVEE to go to Dubrovnik just so I can waltz around pretending I’m in GoT – haha!

22. adriana
    January 5, 2018 / 8:44 pm

OMG! SO many fun plans! I’m traveling a lot this year too – making it a priority! Have so much fun!

23. January 5, 2018 / 10:04 pm

You’ll love Dubrovnik, we visited in October last year (still writing up the post!) it was an amazing sight. Good luck with your adventures x

24. January 6, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Some of your places to travel are the same as ones I want to do, I just haven’t booked any yet! I really need to do Romania and Dubrovnik and I also have Estonia and Germany on my list. The only thing booked so far is Vienna in February – can’t wait!!!