Underrated Products I’m Falling Back In Love With

Underrated Products I’m Falling Back In Love With

Over the past few month’s I’ve been doing some massive clear outs and de-cluttering of my flat as I know I have WAY too much stuff and it’s not really in just one area, I have too many candles, too many pairs of shoes, too many tops and way too many beauty products.

When I had my first clear out around November time I decided to put away some products to encourage me to use what I had and actually finish things and when they were finished I’d trade in something I had stashed and it seems to have worked quite well as I’ve actually finished a few items over the past month or so, something which never happened before.

It’s also given me a chance to re-use items which I had almost forgotten about because something new dwarfed them which is always nice.

NYX HD Concealer

When I first bought this I thought it was the best concealer I had ever used, then I bought Urban Decay’s Naked and that became my favourite and I now also have Kat Von D’s Lock it Concealer which I love. Because of this my NYX one fell to the back of my drawer as in my mind I should have been using the more expensive concealers and not the cheaper drugstore one, but reusing it I realised that money isn’t always an indicator of a great product. The thing I love about the NYX concealer is how creamy it is, so much so that I can apply it without the need for a brush which is always good when I’m travelling and space for additional brushes is limited.

Sephora Sleep Mask

Sephora Sleeping Masks

The first sleeping masks I discovered were the Sephora own brand ones when I was in Paris a few years back and since then I’ve used a whole host of different brands with the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask being my general go to. I cleared out some of my skincare and realised quite how many masks I had so I’ve been trying to use them more often and I forgot how much I love the Sephora own brand ones. Leaving some of this on overnight makes my skin feel hydrated and a feeling of skin tightening that I’d not expect to feel after a mask.

Laura Mercier Flawless Fluide

My Laura Mercier Foundation fell to the back of my foundation drawer as I have A LOT of foundations but I pushed to finish off my tube of this and I am so glad that I did as I remembered why I bought it in the first place. It’s such a nice finish with a reasonably matte finish but not a finish that sits in the drier patches I get around my nose and on my forehead, something a lot of foundations seem to do. The other thing I love about this is that it’s not too full a coverage because some days – especially when I’m at work – I want to wear foundation but I don’t want or need full coverage so this covers all bases.

I have now finished my tube and while I definitely want to repurchase it I’m going to wait until I finish a few more foundations first.

Morphe Eyeshadow Palette

Morphe 35T TaupePalette

I am a huge eyeshadow palette hoarder and while this isn’t something I’ve hidden any away from I have been brutal and thrown away a few palettes which I just don’t think perform as well, either through colour payout or there’s too much fallout as I want to only be using the best. I started re-using my Morphe 35T Taupe Palette and it’s reminded me why I bought the huge palette to begin with. Literally, every single colour in this is totally up my street and is so useable and this never happens to be with a palette.

There’s pretty much no fall out on these and although you have to use a few swipes to get the optimal payoff it’s so worth it as the palette has a mixture of shimmer and matte shades so it’s so versatile.

Have you rediscovered any products you forgot about?

Pin ItUnderrated Products I'm Falling Back In Love With

This post has been written in collaboration with the Skin Clinic but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. January 16, 2018 / 1:19 pm

I’ve never tried this brand before. Thanks for such a detailed review i’ll have to check them out soon!

2. January 16, 2018 / 9:06 pm

Ohh now I need to try those sleep masks I think, they sound wonderful for helping your skin overnight! I’m not sure I’ll be able to get Sephora so great there are alternatives.

3. January 16, 2018 / 9:49 pm

These sound like brilliant products! I need to get the Morphe palette it looks very versatile

4. January 17, 2018 / 5:29 am

I shop at Sephora all of the time and haven’t seen the sleeping masks (yet!). I’m the biggest sucker for a great mask and I bet these that stay on all night are wonderful. I’ll just tell my hubby that it’s going to make me all the more beautiful! x

5. January 17, 2018 / 12:22 pm

You post has just reminded me that I need to have a clearout too, sometime its surprising how we can find little gems which we forgot about x

6. Komal
    January 17, 2018 / 12:34 pm

Sephora masks are life! And anything from Laura KS amazing, especially her highlighters!

7. January 17, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Having a declutter and discovering old favourites is always a great idea. It means you save money and make more space!

8. January 17, 2018 / 2:58 pm

I have so many products at the back of the wardrobe, I really should pull them out and have a look at them as I’m on a major January budget. I love the look of the packaging of that concealer.

9. Laurence
    January 17, 2018 / 3:39 pm

ooohhh, now I’m interested with the sleeping mask. I never had an overnight mask before. Just the regular mask. I might try this one for good result 😀

10. January 17, 2018 / 4:22 pm

The Morphe 35T Taupe Palette looks just my thing – I love the different shades

11. Joanna
    January 17, 2018 / 5:50 pm

I always discover new things that I bought and forgot about them. As I travel too often I have all my make-up divided into different travel bags and it’s nice to re-discover a favorite lipstick or eye shadow when I change them.

12. January 17, 2018 / 7:29 pm

I love sleep masks. I just took out a small box of moisturizing masks to leave on for 20 min. I had put them away and forgotten about them. Finding them was so exciting!

13. January 17, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I really do like the idea of the eye masks as anything to make these bags disappear

14. Sarah Ann
    January 17, 2018 / 10:25 pm

I love the Sephora sleeping masks, they’re so good! I’ve recently rediscovered how much I love the Body Shop Vitamin E range, it just agrees with my skin.

15. January 17, 2018 / 11:23 pm

I haven’t heard of any of these products but that concealer looks great! its funny how the under rated products are usually the best!

16. hannah
    January 18, 2018 / 12:03 am

I have that NYX concealer, i like it as it is really good. It doesnt come out too orange either

17. January 18, 2018 / 1:18 am

These are good choices of products that are underrated and I’m going to try those Sephora sleeping masks.

18. Dogvills
    January 18, 2018 / 9:29 am

I haven’t tried a sleeping mask before. I have to get one and see how it would help my skin. Winter is so harsh this year and I don’t want my skin to dry out. Thanks for sharing your list of products. The eye shadow palette will make my daughter really happy.

19. January 18, 2018 / 10:55 am

Oh I really want to check out those Sephora sleeping masks! I love it when you re-discover forgotten gems 🙂

20. January 18, 2018 / 5:48 pm

I absolutely love sleeping masks and the saphora ones are great! You are so lucky to have so many to use!

21. chichi
    January 19, 2018 / 5:04 pm

I love NYX as a brand, their brow powder and lipsticks particularly. Would love to try the concealer!

22. January 20, 2018 / 5:08 am

looks like great products worth trying! I would love to try the overnight mask, sounds amazing for the skin ; ) thanks for sharing!

23. January 20, 2018 / 12:01 pm

I have seen the NYX mentioned a lot online recently but have yet to try any for myself so may have too. Mine is always hair products mainly shampoo and conditioner it seems to be amazing then stops doing what it did so I have to swap and change but have gone back to the V05 range and loving it at the moment

24. January 22, 2018 / 6:10 am

I love going back to old favourites that I’ve forgotten about. I love that palette though!

25. January 22, 2018 / 10:19 am

I love finding a product you totally forgot you were in love with! Sephora masks are so good, though I haven’t tried the sleeping ones before. Will have to treat myself next time I go. 😀 x

26. January 28, 2018 / 1:32 am

I have heard great reviews of that Morphe palette! I need to check it out!