Five Things – Week 101

Five Things – Week 101

Five Things I Did Last Week

•  On Monday we finally got our new bed built, well I say we, Luke built it all while I was at work but I spent most of the evening sorting out the bedding, storage and moving things around but I am so happy with the way it all looks now. The house was a bit messy when I came back with tools and equipment everywhere but it was worth it to get the bed made.
  • On Thursday I headed back to Aqua Aerobics after a week off and I felt so good after the class.
  • Friday evening I headed to St Alban’s with Luke and we had a wonderful meal at the Great Northern Pub in St Albans including one of the best burgers I’ve had.
  • On Saturday me and two friends headed to Old Street to a Mean Girls-themed brunch but it sadly wasn’t quite as we expected and lacked heavily on the food aspect that we were expecting so we bailed and went for a late brunch. Despite it being a disappointing event I had loads of fun catching up.
  • On Sunday I headed into London with my other half where we had brunch on the South Bank then we did a lot of walking and exploring before ending up at the Creme Egg Cafe which I loved.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I’ve been really pushing the job hunt but still being quite picky with what I apply for and next week I actually have three interviews and each one I am pretty excited about. Wish me luck and fingers crossed.
  • After doing some measuring up in my bedroom I have plans to completely change my makeup storage situation moving it out of the bathroom and into the bedroom which is so exciting.
  • I lost another pound at Slimming World this week and although my journey is taking quite a long time I know I’m not being as strict as I could so a loss is still a loss.
  • I have managed to get up early every single work morning this week and be productive ranging from tidying and cleaning to blog and admin related things. I find I’m quite productive in the mornings so I am hoping I can keep this up.
  • I treated myself to a beautiful necklace from a stall in Covent Garden which I had been eyeing up for a while and I absolutely love it.

Doughnut

Five Things Which Sucked

• With all the DIY going on in the flat I’ve been working flat out to try and get things tidy but things still aren’t in a position I am happy with. I know in another week or so things with be more manageable but I just need a day to get everything done.
  • I’m a bit gutted that I spent around £37 for the Mean Girls brunch and pretty much didn’t get anything for it as we bailed due to bad organization.
  • Coming back from London on Saturday there were loads of train issues so it took me about 90 mins to get home compared to the usual 45 minutes.
  • I had hoped to prep for my Thursday’s interview over the weekend but just didn’t have time so I’m going to have to do it at the beginning of this week.
  • We headed to South Bank in order to get a Hot Chocolate from a brand I was working with but the machine wasn’t working so we couldn’t which was a bit of a pain as we went there specifically for this.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Pack for Luxemburg as I go on Friday
  • Be totally confident for all of my interviews and just be myself
  • Lose any weight at Slimming World next week by eating well
  • Talk to as many people as I can at the Megabus event I’m going to on Thursday evening
  • Have a good relaxing time in Luxemburg with plenty of catching up
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 101

*This post was written in collaboration with Engelbert-Strauss but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. Hannah denton
    February 5, 2018 / 1:18 pm

You’ve had a great week! Even better next week I’m sure if you’re in Luxembourg

2. February 5, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Good luck and your upcoming interviews! I’m sure you will be confident and prepared for them! And Luxembourg sounds lovely for the end of next week. Hopefully the weather will be better there.

3. February 5, 2018 / 8:06 pm

Good luck with your interviews and enjoy your trip! Sounds like a good week apart from the Mean Girls brunch thingy 🙁

4. February 5, 2018 / 9:36 pm

Looks like you have had a jam packed week! Good luck with the job hunt, losing weight and your trip to Luxembourg

5. February 6, 2018 / 12:01 am

Oh no shame to hear that the mean girls inspired brunch was not up to scratch but at least you got to go to the creme egg cafe this week! I bet that was fun!

6. February 6, 2018 / 12:14 am

Ekk good luck with your interviews, I really hope they go well. Such a shame about the Mean Girls event though :(.

7. February 6, 2018 / 1:47 am

Good luck with the interviews and we hope you land the job you want the most!! First drinks are on us!!!

8. February 6, 2018 / 10:28 am

Yay for the new bed. I do love getting in a new bed and new bedding 🙂 always makes me sleep so much better for some odd reason x

9. February 6, 2018 / 11:29 am

Sounds like things are picking up for you hun! Good luck with the interviews you’ll smash them i’m sure!

10. February 6, 2018 / 12:52 pm

Sorry about that Mean Girls themed brunch! It sounded so promising but ended up as a disappointment. I think there’s still plenty of things to be thankful for which is awesome!

11. February 6, 2018 / 2:56 pm

We got a new bed in the January sales and its one of those ottoman beds – our mattress is so heavy I can’t open it #oops

12. February 6, 2018 / 4:45 pm

There is nothing like a brand new bed! Well done on Lewis for building it!

Have an amazing time in Luxembourg – I’m jealous x

C x

13. February 6, 2018 / 5:15 pm

Sorry to hear about the wasted trip to Southbank for the hot chcolate – annoying! Enjoy your holibobs x

14. February 6, 2018 / 6:57 pm

A mean girls lunch?? Were you curious? Your week sounded quite productive. Congratulations on losing one pound. Keep up the good work 🙂 Last week I wrote two blog posts. I started a media partnership roll out. Worked out 3/wk. Attended a birthday party, picked up cake & present. Did a little social media management and I think that’s it! All in all, it was a better week than I thought.

15. February 6, 2018 / 7:15 pm

i would have loved the sound of a Mean Girls brunch, so such a shame it wasn’t as expected 🙁 have a fab time in Luxembourg 🙂 x

16. Jem
    February 7, 2018 / 9:46 am

OOOh, that Nutella doughnut looks like all kinds of awesome. I could do with one myself.

17. February 7, 2018 / 10:55 am

Glad you loved the Creme Egg cafe – I am SO jealous – but so sorry that the Mean Girls brunch wasn’t what you expected. Hope you have a fantastic time in Luxembourg x

18. February 7, 2018 / 12:08 pm

I bet you’re loving your new bed! I love the sound of the Creme Egg Cafe – my kids would love it too. Have a great time in Luxembourg, I’m looking forward to reading all about it.

19. February 7, 2018 / 4:35 pm

Good luck with your interviews lovely, I’m sure you’ll smash them! That Mean Girls event sounds like a right wash out, especially for £37! I am with you on the slow journey for Slimming World, I am awful at sticking to it. x

20. February 8, 2018 / 5:14 pm

Ah sorry to hear about the ‘sucked’ section! £37 is pretty steep. But still, onwards and upwards! 🙂

21. February 8, 2018 / 9:06 pm

I SOOOO want to visit the creme egg cafe and in fact I am in London this Sunday so I may well have to take a trip there to give it a go.
    Well done with your continuing weight loss, you are doing great!
    I am sorry the Mean Girls brunch was a bit of a bust, especially when you had paid quite a lot for it. I hope you made a complaint! x

22. Kristina
    February 9, 2018 / 10:03 am

omg you’re gong to Luxembourg? so jealous!