Five Things – Week 104

Five Things – Week 104

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Monday I had some wonderful news and I accepted a brand new job which was the best way to start a new week. The day ended in a celebratory meal with Luke to toast towards a new fresh start.
  • On Friday I had a lovely catch up with my friend where we had a takeaway, watched a movie and generally caught up.
  • Saturday daytime saw me and my friend head to Piano Works in Farringdon for brunch with bottomless prosecco and I had such a fun time eating, drinking and then dancing to the live music.
  • After bottomless brunch I met my other half and we went to see Franz Ferdinand in Brixton which was such a fun show and I knew far more of the songs that I thought I would.
  • Sunday was a bit more relaxing and saw us head to my brother and his girlfriend’s new flat as they’ve just finished doing it up and they have done such a lovely job of it as it looks so nice and they have the Swoon TV stand which I am in love with.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I had a really great collaboration approved for next month in conjunction with my trip to New York and I am so excited about it.
  • I paid my car tax this week so that’s one thing I can tick off my list to do, and I only had to pay £20 for the whole year which I was so happy about.
  • Somehow I managed to lose 1.5 pounds at Slimming World which I was very happy about so here’s to moving forward and losing some more in future weeks.
  • My Alex drawers have been all painted and I absolutely love how it looks, I am just waiting for some extra in drawer storage to come through and for a new light to be added so I can do my makeup there.
  • My boyfriend brought round a print of his and hung it on the wall and I love that very very very slowly the flat is starting to look more like ours and not just mine that he stays in.

alex drawers - finished product 7

Five Things Which Sucked

• We were going to see The Darkest Hour at an independent cinema this Sunday but when I went to get tickets they had all sold out which was a real shame as I really want to see the movie.
  • The first paint that we tried on my Alex drawers just didn’t stick and I had to make a second (and third) trip to B&Q to get alternatives to make it just right.
  • The day after I handed my notice in my manager did the same thing and I know our company is really going to struggle with the transition period, and although I know it’s not my worry I do feel a bit guilty.
  • There’s a bunch of items that I want to do some little crafts with but Hobby Craft as a little disappointing with the products that they had and I’m going to need to pop to some other places to get what I need.
  • After my brunch I didn’t feel my absolute best during the rest of the day (thank god we sat down for the gig)! For the first time ever I couldn’t even finish a nandos 🙁

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Start packing for New York as I go in about 10 days time.
  • Completely re-organize my make-up and skincare both in my en-suite and my new Alex drawers.
  • Book the final thing we need to do for New York which is a meal on the Saturday night at Jekyll and Hyde.
  • Wrap and sort out all of my mum’s Mother’s Day presents as we’re having an early celebration as I’m away for the actual day.
  • Schedule up as much content for pre and post New York as I can.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 104

1. February 26, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Sounds like an exciting week. My sister has just got back from new York, I hope u have an amazing time. Congratulations on the new job btw.

2. February 26, 2018 / 6:46 pm

Oh wow what a week, congratulations on the new job! I hope it works out so well for you and everything goes smoothly as you change over into your new role.

3. February 27, 2018 / 1:07 am

Congratulations on your new job that is amazing is it similar to what you are doing before? And great that you have a collaboration with a company for new York too!

4. February 27, 2018 / 9:26 am

You literally had me at bottomless brunch. Your week sounds really positive – I love these 5 things posts, you really make me smile! H 🙂

5. February 27, 2018 / 10:00 am

oh wow congratulations and well done on the new job , love those drawers

6. Danielle
    February 27, 2018 / 2:42 pm

Congrats on the new jb – I hope it goes really well.
    I also can’t wait to hear more about your trip to NYC – it’s my favourite place.

7. February 27, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Been fun watching your flat become a home for two,small steps are often the best ones.
    Congrats on the new job and we know you’ll do well!

8. February 27, 2018 / 6:19 pm

Well done on the weight loss and congratulations on the new job

9. February 27, 2018 / 6:37 pm

It sounds like your week has been pretty full on! Congrats on the new job hun. Sounds like many great things are happening for you xx

10. February 27, 2018 / 10:07 pm

Congratulations are in order! Don’t feel guilty about the last job and your manager leaving, just focus on the future! x

11. February 27, 2018 / 10:29 pm

Congratulations for both the new job and losing weight at Slimming World. Don’t feel guilty, great things are ahead for you.

12. February 27, 2018 / 10:43 pm

Congrats on your new job glad you are enjoying it so far and I am sure you cant wait to go to New York, 10 days will be gone and soon you will be there, do take lots of photos to share.

13. February 28, 2018 / 9:57 am

Congratulations on the new job you must be so excited! The draws look great even if they caused some issues to begin with. Here’s to a good week this week. I need to sort out my Mother’s day present as well.

14. February 28, 2018 / 11:24 am

Congratulations on your new job! How exciting! Good luck with packing, I would love to visit New York! 🙂

15. February 28, 2018 / 11:39 am

I have been watching your progress with the drawers on insta and i can’t get over the fantastic transformation. They look amazing and well done you for taking that task on 🙂 bet you want to revamp loads now ha x

16. February 28, 2018 / 1:45 pm

Congratulations for the new job! It sounds really exciting! I haven’t done much during the past week, but this weekend I am heading off to Slovenia, and I can’t wait!

17. February 28, 2018 / 6:02 pm

Aw congratulations on the new job and good luck preparing for New York, what an exciting trip to plan for!

18. February 28, 2018 / 9:03 pm

Dont feel guilty about handing your notice in – sometimes you need to do what is right for you. bottomless brunch sounds fab! 🙂 x

19. Jen
    February 28, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Congratulations on the new job. Of course it is a worry that the company you’e currently with may struggle with two of you leaving, but I am sure they will be able to get back on track soon. Please don’t feel guilty. And New York soon! So exciting.

20. March 1, 2018 / 10:04 am

Congratulations on the new job! I’m the same, I always feel guilty when leaving a job, unless it’s been an unhappy environment, as I hate feeling like I’ve left my colleagues in the lurch. I really want to go to the Piano Works, I keep hearing good things although I’m sorry to hear you didn’t feel good after. Have an amazing time in New York

21. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    March 1, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Wow!! Congratulations on your new job!! That is so exciting. We are the same feeling when leaving a job. Especially if the environment is so happy.

22. March 1, 2018 / 1:26 pm

It sounds like you had a great week and a huge congratulations on the new job!