Five Things I Did Last Week
- On Monday I had some wonderful news and I accepted a brand new job which was the best way to start a new week. The day ended in a celebratory meal with Luke to toast towards a new fresh start.
- On Friday I had a lovely catch up with my friend where we had a takeaway, watched a movie and generally caught up.
- Saturday daytime saw me and my friend head to Piano Works in Farringdon for brunch with bottomless prosecco and I had such a fun time eating, drinking and then dancing to the live music.
- After bottomless brunch I met my other half and we went to see Franz Ferdinand in Brixton which was such a fun show and I knew far more of the songs that I thought I would.
- Sunday was a bit more relaxing and saw us head to my brother and his girlfriend’s new flat as they’ve just finished doing it up and they have done such a lovely job of it as it looks so nice and they have the Swoon TV stand which I am in love with.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I had a really great collaboration approved for next month in conjunction with my trip to New York and I am so excited about it.
- I paid my car tax this week so that’s one thing I can tick off my list to do, and I only had to pay £20 for the whole year which I was so happy about.
- Somehow I managed to lose 1.5 pounds at Slimming World which I was very happy about so here’s to moving forward and losing some more in future weeks.
- My Alex drawers have been all painted and I absolutely love how it looks, I am just waiting for some extra in drawer storage to come through and for a new light to be added so I can do my makeup there.
- My boyfriend brought round a print of his and hung it on the wall and I love that very very very slowly the flat is starting to look more like ours and not just mine that he stays in.
Five Things Which Sucked
- We were going to see The Darkest Hour at an independent cinema this Sunday but when I went to get tickets they had all sold out which was a real shame as I really want to see the movie.
- The first paint that we tried on my Alex drawers just didn’t stick and I had to make a second (and third) trip to B&Q to get alternatives to make it just right.
- The day after I handed my notice in my manager did the same thing and I know our company is really going to struggle with the transition period, and although I know it’s not my worry I do feel a bit guilty.
- There’s a bunch of items that I want to do some little crafts with but Hobby Craft as a little disappointing with the products that they had and I’m going to need to pop to some other places to get what I need.
- After my brunch I didn’t feel my absolute best during the rest of the day (thank god we sat down for the gig)! For the first time ever I couldn’t even finish a nandos 🙁
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Start packing for New York as I go in about 10 days time.
- Completely re-organize my make-up and skincare both in my en-suite and my new Alex drawers.
- Book the final thing we need to do for New York which is a meal on the Saturday night at Jekyll and Hyde.
- Wrap and sort out all of my mum’s Mother’s Day presents as we’re having an early celebration as I’m away for the actual day.
- Schedule up as much content for pre and post New York as I can.
What have you been up to this week?