Visiting My First 30 Countries

Visiting My First 30 Countries

So many people seem to be doing the 30 countries before 30 challenge so last year I wrote a post about how I was getting on and to be honest, I knew I’d smash this challenge and almost certainly hit 30 countries within my 28th year and I am pleased to say that I have now completed it. I am going to say that I have classed islands as separate countries even though I know in most cases they aren’t, for example, Hawaii is still in the country of North America and Ischia is in Italy.

I won’t do a complete rundown of every country as the first 27 are in my original post linked above.

Countries I’ve been to

Belgium, Canada, Corfu, Crete, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Gran Canaria, Hawaii, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Majorca, Malta, Morocco, North America, Northern Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City, Wales and Zante.

Prague View

28. Czech Republic

In September 2017 I made my first trip to the Czech Republic for two and a half days exploring the city of Prague with my best friend. I had a great time heading to the Bone Church in Kutna Hora which had been on my bucket list for ages and falling in love with the St Vitus Cathedrale near the Castle. Overall I enjoyed my trip but I didn’t fall heads over heels for Prague like I thought I might.

Ischia Boat Views 3

29. Ischia

I headed to the Italian island of Ischia on a bloggers press trip during the first week of October where we were shown around for four days. I was totally overwhelmed with the tour companies hospitality and generosity throughout the trip and it really did make me fall in love with the island. I wrote a post about my first impressions of the island and a four-day itinerary.

Luxembourg city covered in snow

30. Luxembourg

The idea to go to Luxembourg seems like a little bit of a silly one, to be honest, but basically, I have a scratch map and as Luxembourg is so small I had accidentally scratched it off so I didn’t want to lie to myself about visiting so I planned a trip. I went to Luxembourg a few weeks ago for a long weekend with my boyfriend and to be honest the city is so small that you could explore it all within a single day trip which makes it an easy place to visit and tick off your list.

Later this year I am heading to both Romania and Croatia for the first time so even if I didn’t count Hawaii and Ischia I’d smash it in 2018 which makes me very happy.

How many countries have you visited?

Visiting my first 30 countries

1. February 22, 2018 / 2:05 pm

I love that you went to Luxembourg for that reason, that’s brilliant, I have only ever stopped off in service stations there on the long drive to and from the UK when we lived abroad! I haven’t heard much about Ischia either, so thanks for the intro to that too! 🙂

2. February 22, 2018 / 2:17 pm

I’ve always wanted to visit the Czech Republic, something about it calls me. I’m so glad you achieved your goal of 30 before 30 x

3. February 22, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Love the idea of 30 before 30 goal! I’ve never been to any of the countries in this post so definitely want to add them to my list!

4. February 22, 2018 / 4:04 pm

Love the idea of 30 countries before 30! I have been to quite a few countries in my lifetime, but I haven’t been anywhere in a few years. This post has given me itchy feet…

5. February 22, 2018 / 4:40 pm

This is fab-I turned 30 before I thought of doing 30 before 30 so I’m going for 40 before 49 and I have sooo far to go

6. February 22, 2018 / 7:56 pm

I love this goal! Also, those pictures most definitely do good things for where you have visited, especially Luxembourg! I can’t wait to see your next travels to Romania and Croatia! x

7. February 22, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Oh my goodness well done on all those countries you have visited. I am afraid I could probably count the amount I have been to on one hand. Perhaps one day I will change that though.

8. February 23, 2018 / 9:16 am

Haha! Fantastic reason for visiting Luxembourg. I’m glad you smashed your challenge. It looks fun!

9. February 23, 2018 / 11:22 pm

I’ve not counted them up before but its over 30 – made me feel really lucky.

10. Shoshana Sue
    February 24, 2018 / 8:35 am

Wow that is amazing to have to visit 30+ countries before 30! I hope to visit as many places as possible but I am too busy and just broke lol to do the 30 for 30 right now.

11. February 24, 2018 / 7:03 pm

Wow amazing ticking off those places! Love your reason for visiting Luxembourg!!!

12. February 25, 2018 / 7:58 am

I love this challenge. I think I might try this. I’m thirty next year! I really want to go to Ischia, but never thought about Luxembourg. We’re planning a Europe 6 week trip soon, so if this can be explored in a day, I’m definitely going to include it.

13. February 25, 2018 / 12:55 pm

I have been Luxembourg but I was not impressed. It is very small and there is not much to do. I do remember it being very flat so it was very easy to walk around.

14. February 25, 2018 / 1:24 pm

Well, it’s too late for me since I turn 40 later this year. I think I’ve been to about two dozen countries, if I counted right.

15. February 25, 2018 / 1:30 pm

Wow. I am so jealous of you. You travelled so much. Too bad for me, never been to any of those places. Seems you had great experiences and fun.

16. February 26, 2018 / 6:24 am

Luxembourg looks wonderful! I would have never have thought to visit there but now its firmly on my list! x

17. February 26, 2018 / 8:16 am

I love that you went to Luxembourg because of the scratch mishap. I legit just went and googled list of countries of the world lol as I was intrigued as to how many I have been and I believe I’m at the 15 mark and then I’m off to Malta at the end of the year where I’ve not been before

18. February 27, 2018 / 4:15 am

Wow, I wish I could say 30 countries under 30. I’m 29 and I’ve been to about 3, you are very blessed. I’m a homebody but reading your post makes me want to do more. Thank you for the inspiration.

19. Jem
    February 27, 2018 / 6:27 am

All f these places look amazin fans so many are on my list to visit!

20. February 27, 2018 / 8:17 am

Wow. You are very well traveled! I have only been to two countries other than mine. I wish I could at least visit 15 in my lifetime. On the top of my list right now is Santorini.

21. Jem
    February 27, 2018 / 8:52 am

All of these places look amazing and so many are on my list to visit!

22. February 27, 2018 / 11:39 am

Amazing places – loved each one of those pics. Your excitement is so contagious

23. February 27, 2018 / 9:17 pm

What an awesome list of destinations, this is a great challenge! Most importantly the memories and experiences from travel stay with you forever!

24. Kaitlyn
    February 27, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I’d be lucky to visit even 5 countries in my life so I’m so impressed that you traveled to 30! Congratulations and never stop your wanderlust! 🙂

25. February 28, 2018 / 1:13 am

I’ve never been out of the country, but have been to Hawaii. Those look like great places to travel, thanks for sharing!

26. Tahlia
    February 28, 2018 / 12:29 pm

What great countries to visit! I’ve always wanted to travel and visiting 30 would be a great goal. Beautiful pictures by the way!

27. March 1, 2018 / 9:39 am

Glad to hear your challenge is completed. To many more countries Rhian ♥!
    So happy to see you are going to Romania, feel free to message me if you have any questions and I would gladly help you with accommodation advice and recommendations.

28. March 1, 2018 / 7:54 pm

Wow, you visited so many countries. That’s so great. I’m from Croatia and I’m so happy you’re coming here. It’s a beautiful country and I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here. I’m looking forward to reading your post about Croatia.

29. March 2, 2018 / 11:19 am

What a fantastic idea for a post, I need to sit down and write a list of the countries I have visited! Ischia looks absolutely beautiful and how lucky to visit on a blogger press trip 🙂 Sim x

30. March 3, 2018 / 1:38 pm

I am in my 30s and haven’t even been to 30 countries, I think I have only been to about ten. You have been to some amazing places, I really want to travel more x

31. March 14, 2018 / 6:10 pm

You have done so many. I am only on 19 but it is growing faster now the kids are getting bigger