Five Things – Week 105

Five Things – Week 105

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Monday I headed over to my Nan’s and had a nice catch up with her which is always nice as I am very close with my family and love spending time with them.
  • On Thursday I was meant to go out for a meal with my family but my nan was ill so me and Luke decided to still go out and we had a lovely meal in Bills. I had a cocktail and ate two course of cheese fulled goodness.
  • On Saturday morning I headed over to my hairdressers house for her to colour and cut my hair in advance of my holiday and I am so happy with the colour.
  • On Saturday afternoon I headed in town to do a little bit of shopping and get my nails done. I opted for a blush pinky rose gold colour and I am so happy with how they turned out.
  • On Sunday I went out for a pre-Mothers Day meal with my parents and Luke as we’re away next weekend for the actual day.

Five Great Things To Happen

• We have booked our tickets for Slam Dunk Festival in London and I am so excited about the late May Bank Holiday as it’s always one of my highlights of the year.
  • I’ve discovered a new series on Amazon Prime which I am loving called ‘The Bold Type’ and it follows three girls who all work for a magazine in New York and I watched the whole season in a week and I am in love with it.
  • I officially signed the contract for my new job and I am so excited to be moving forward to a new position with a great company.
  • Luke sorted out a light to go around my mirror by my Alex drawers and I absolutely love how it looks and how good it is for me to do my make up in this area as opposed to having to go into the bathroom.
  • I was going to buy some Glossier goodies in New York but to save on weight in the suitcase (and because I stumbled across a 20% off code) I made my order ahead of my trip.

Empties Foundation

Five Things Which Sucked

• The snow was just annoying. The walkways are that bit too icy to walk comfortably and the roads are proving a little tricky sometimes.
  • There have been loads of server issues with the music website that I run so it has made proofing articles and doing our social media that bit trickier.
  • The floors in my flat are an absolute mess after all the snow with muddy prints on them and I keep cleaning them and they get dirty again. I just hate cleaning haha
  • Due to the weather my car service which was cancelled and I couldn’t get it rescheduled for another five weeks.
  • At Slimming World I put on half a pound, although considering how much I ate I shouldn’t really be sad about it.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Finish packing for New York ahead of Thursday when we head over to Gatwick Airport.
  • Have a bit of a clean of the flat before going away so it’s in a nice state when I come back. There’s nothing worse than coming back from holiday to a messy house.
  • Make sure all social media and posts are scheduled for the week that I am back from holiday so I don’t need to stress.
  • Get up really early on Thursday in the hope that I can tire myself out and have an early night when we’re at Gatwick.
  • Download Jessica Jones ready to start watching on the plane on Friday.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 105

1. March 5, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Oh wow congratulations on the new job! That’s great news and very exciting! Shame you gained a little weight but it’s not very much at all, I can gain a few pounds in a day!

2. March 5, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I have that Estee Lauder foundation and I love it. It stays put all day. My only gripe is I really don’t know what I’m putting on my face. And whilst this is a process I want to cut down on my chemical intake where I can. Still, that foundation is a tough one to give up.

Congratulations on landing a new job! I wish you on the best going forward.

Ha, I heard and saw that snowstorm that battered my poor little island! I live in Toronto now, so I live with snowstorms 🙂

3. March 5, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Ha!! I’m going to binge watch Jessica as well on the 8th,the first I have actually attempted a Netflix binge.
    Save room for your Yankees baseball cap!!!

4. March 5, 2018 / 10:51 pm

I hope your Nan is feeling better now, horrid when a family member feels ill! I am really looking forward to seeing series 2 of Jessica Jones, what an awesome idea to watch it on the plane!

5. March 6, 2018 / 12:42 am

I hope that your nan is feeling a bit better! CONGRATULATIONS on your new job as well.

6. March 6, 2018 / 8:07 am

It seems like you had a lovely week, full of pampering with beautiful nails and great hair colour!

7. March 6, 2018 / 9:04 am

I cannot WAIT to hear about your New York adventures! Sounds like it’s going to be amazing! Also I totally agree, the snow was fun for 5 mins then it was just irritating.

8. March 6, 2018 / 9:45 am

I must check out ‘The Bold Type’ as i have prime and have just finished watching seven seconds on Netflix which was epic x

9. March 6, 2018 / 10:06 am

Oooo it must be so exciting to get everything ready for holiday 🙂 love the sound of your nails and my mummy could do with getting hers done soon x

10. March 6, 2018 / 11:11 am

Get well soon to your Nan and i hope shefeels better. I’m also looking forward for a productive week!

11. March 6, 2018 / 12:11 pm

I love when I get my hair done and it turns out good- such a great confidence boost!

12. March 6, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Congratulations on your new job! The snow has been a nightmare for us too, we live on the top floor and it hit us hard. Snow was walked in and out of the house and i have really light carpets so I’ve spent so much time cleaning when I hate doing it too x

13. March 6, 2018 / 6:13 pm

Congratulations on officially signing the contract for your new job. Have a great time in New York

14. March 6, 2018 / 7:49 pm

Congratulations on signing the contract for your new job – how exciting! The snow was really annoying, wasn’t it? Great for a day or two but after that it was just slushy and slippery. Still…my little boy loved every second of it even if I didn’t.

15. March 6, 2018 / 7:58 pm

congrats on the new job! Sounds like lots of exciting things going on! x

16. March 6, 2018 / 10:07 pm

Sounds like you have had another great week. So glad that the snow is gone, I hate cleaning too and there was so much dirt to get rid off from the snow and like you said it was super icy here. Have a fab time in NY and cant wait to see all your photos when you are back.

17. March 6, 2018 / 10:10 pm

I have been hating the snow big time too, but atleast you have your trip to the NY to look forward to, I am off to Luxembourg m so excited.

18. March 7, 2018 / 11:05 am

I love the 5 things idea! I love New York – especially in the snow so I can’t wait to hear all about it (snow in NYC is much nicer than snowy days here for sure!). I am contemplating getting tickets to Slam Dunk in Leeds too, it’s always the best line up! x

19. Jess
    March 7, 2018 / 4:37 pm

Oh my gosh congrats on your new job I’m so excited for you. I’m also super excited about the new season of Jessica Jones. I bloody love the Marvel series. Let me know what you think of this season!

20. March 7, 2018 / 4:41 pm

Congratulations on your new job! I agree the snow was annoying, so glad it’s finally melted 🙂

21. March 7, 2018 / 6:14 pm

I really hope the new job works out well for you! The snow really has made things tricky we had to cancel quite a bit of things we had planned.

22. March 7, 2018 / 10:11 pm

My week has been quite hectic and tiring, even though it’s barely Wednesday. Looking forward to the weekend again to catch up on blogging <3

23. March 8, 2018 / 12:08 am

Sounds like a pretty good week! Congrats on the new job! If i’m honest, the snow kind of annoyed me too! I like my routine and we couldn’t even step outside the front door for a few days :/

24. March 8, 2018 / 3:25 pm

NEW YORK IS SO EXCITING. I’m quite jealous.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy the snow as much as I did. I’m missing it already.

The Slam Dunk line-up looks pretty good this year, if I wasn’t away over the bank holiday, I’d be going too!

25. March 9, 2018 / 4:45 am

Have fun in New York and hope the weather will be much better than the UK. I didn’t like the snow either and was so over it

26. Fatima
    March 9, 2018 / 1:27 pm

Day spent with the family always turns out great and makes fabulous memories. Congratulations on you job! Good luck

27. March 15, 2018 / 9:44 am

The Bold Type sounds good – I might start watching it! Congrats on signing the contract for your new job too x