Three Travel Ideas For A Special Birthday

Three Travel Ideas For A Special Birthday
This photo was taken by Luisa Christie on her amazing Disney Cruise trip

Next year my boyfriend turns 30 and we’ve decided that we want to do something a little more special for his special birthday. Last year we spent a weekend in Paris and this year we’re going to be in New York for five days so next year needs to be pretty special. As we’ve started saving to move and it’s my 30th the year after we know that we should be careful with money but is a special occassion and I’ve started saving already. Every single month I’m putting aside a little money so the costs don’t crush us as much and the HSBC telephone banking team have been so good with helping me make a savings goal in my account.

As we know we don’t want to be away for his actual birthday so it can be spent with family but we’ve started thinking about what our options are, so here are four travel ideas for a special birthday.

All inclusive resort trip

The idea of an all inclusive resort trip started when we ordered to Sandals catalog as a bucket list thing to do and the resorts all look absolutely insane, but unless we get a last minute great deal realistically next year isn’t going to be possible for it but Thomson seem to do a load of great deals. All of their all  inclusive trips are 2 weeks long and start just under £1,000 but we’d probably go for a mid-range one because YOLO *cringe at that phrase*.  I think we’re settled on South America if we do this as for two weeks we can afford to go somewhere a little further and it’s somewhere new.

Marathon-Florida-KeysPhoto Taken by Mellissa of FlyDriveExplore and The Diary of a Jewellery Lover

A villa in Asia

The very first thing we thought about when thinking of his birthday was getting a villa somewhere in Asia where we had our own infinity pool and could just relax and sunbathe for a week doing pretty much nothing. We originally spoke about Thailand but as it will be closing in on rainy season we’ve read really conflicting things about the weather and don’t want to risk it not being warm for parts of our trip.

A Royal Caribbean Cruise

We’ve spoken about doing a cruise quite a few times before and it’s something we’ll definitely do one year but what better way to spend a special birthday than on an all inclusive boat travelling to loads of different places and being totally relaxed?! Our options for this are about 7-10 days in Caribbean or 2 weeks in Europe which work out at similar costs to each other, I prefer the idea of the former but ultimately it’s going to be down to his choice (and cost).

Three Travel Ideas For A Special Birthday

*This post was written in collaboration with Digital Answers but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. Bryanna Skye
    March 7, 2018 / 2:04 pm

I love to travel, and have yet to do an all inclusive trip or a cruise — would love to go one day! right now we have one trip on the horizon, and that is to Belfast for St. Patrick’s Day — not exactly a warm getaway haha

2. March 7, 2018 / 8:14 pm

Some great ideas I’m 30 in 2 years time and am saving so we can hopefully go somewhere special for a week or 2. Love the idea of a cruise as I’ve never been on one however I’m also thinking Italy.

3. March 7, 2018 / 9:26 pm

I woulds so love a cruise!! We always say for our 40th we will go to New York but Im not sure we will save up enough by 2 years!

4. March 7, 2018 / 9:30 pm

I would really love to do a cruise, so that would definitely be on my list. A Disney one would be epic!

5. March 8, 2018 / 12:11 am

Awesome ideas for a vacation on your birthday! I think the more relaxing it is, the better. A villa in Asia would be so nice, and a room in an all inclusive resort means luxury at its finest without having to move so much! Lol. A cruise is always so exciting! Love your suggestions!

6. March 8, 2018 / 11:47 am

I would love to go all inclusive on a holiday soon. Just to get the full experience but I would have to go somewhere super luxurious like the places that you have featured. Hello Carribean 🙂 x

7. March 8, 2018 / 12:14 pm

All three choices are super great especially to celebrate an important big birthday!I would do all three, but pick my most favourite first then the second next and finally the third for when you do have the money as its not going to be cheap. I would start off with the Villa in Asia as it can be cheap if you travel on a budget and you would have enough saved for your birthday the next year. Good luck in picking a vacation!

8. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    March 8, 2018 / 12:58 pm

These are some great ideas to have a special travel birthday. I would love to try the Inclusive trip. But before that, I am just waiting for my son to grow up.

9. March 8, 2018 / 2:11 pm

These are some great ideas – I particularly love the idea of a Royal Caribbean Cruise..I’d love to go on a cruise.

10. March 8, 2018 / 3:01 pm

I went on my first cruise last year and loved it – it’s definitely worth doing! That Disney one sounds amazing!

11. March 8, 2018 / 8:40 pm

I definitely want to go on an all inclusive next time – you just can’t beat them!

12. March 9, 2018 / 5:21 am

Saving a little for my travels is something I want to start doing a little of and for my 30th I went to Bali and it’s definitely worth the money

13. March 9, 2018 / 10:35 am

Would it be bad to do all three? Lol… each of them have their merits for sure!

14. March 9, 2018 / 12:43 pm

I just came back from an all inclusive luxury vacation and it was such an amazing experience. It’s nice to try and experiment as many different types of holidays as possible, to enjoy both adventure and relaxation.

15. March 9, 2018 / 4:49 pm

Can I just say all of them! They all have plus points, but think I would go with the cruise x

16. March 9, 2018 / 5:01 pm

We did a trip to Disney for my son’s 5th birthday and hope to do Universal for my other sons 18th – would love to do a disney cruise

17. March 10, 2018 / 8:39 pm

These are such great ideas for his 30th birthday! I love how you are planning ahead! I would love to go to a villa in Asia! That sounds so incredible and romantic! I am excited to see where you both choose to go and do!

18. Nicolette Lafonseca
    March 13, 2018 / 9:16 pm

My partner should have read this before my 40 on Saturday which went in noticed

19. March 14, 2018 / 5:36 pm

How exciting! Such a good idea to start saving early for a really special trip.

20. Monika
    March 18, 2018 / 10:43 am

These sound cool, but instead of the Royal Caribbean, I’d go for a party festival cruise like Holy Ship or Groove Cruise