Five Things – Week 109

Five Things – Week 109

Five Things I Did Last Week

• Easter Monday was a pretty relaxing day really where I went and had my nails done and just generally had a bit of a chilled out day.
  • On Thursday evening Luke’s sister came round to see the flat and have dinner with us which was nice as it’s the first time she’d been here.
  • On Friday evening we headed into Camden to a tribute’s night featuring Dusted (Busted), Fell Out Boy (Fall Out Boy) and Green Haze (Green Day), all of which were so good.
  • Saturday was my dad’s birthday so we went round to my parents for dinner and a nice catch up which was nice.
  • On Sunday again it was pretty relaxing but I did some cooking and some more cleaning/ tidying.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I think me and Luke have decided where we’re going to go for his birthday next year and I’m seriously excited about that.
  • I made a seriously great slow cooker pulled pork on Sunday evening and I am so happy with how it came out.
  • The flat slowly feels like it’s coming more and more together and I’m really loving the way it’s looking showcasing both of our loves and hobbies.
  • I sorted out a restaurant review for a week or so’s time and I am really excited about going as the menu looks so good.
  • I booked in and had my gym induction at the work gym and I can’t wait to start getting into some good routines.

pulled pork

Five Things Which Sucked

• I had such a headache and genuinly felt so knackered on Tuesday after work that I had to cancel badminton.
  • One of my shellac nails has already chipped and I’m a bit miffed. I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve gone to a different place or if it’s just me.
  • I put on almost 2 pounds at Slimming World but I know why that is because it was Easter and I wasn’t prepping my meals enough.
  • I got paid from my old work but it wasn’t a full month’s pay so this month I’m going to have to be really tight on the reins with my spending.
  • I didn’t manage to do any TLC stuff on Sunday like a face mask or have a bath like I’d have hoped as the day just disappeared.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Get a frame for the picture me and Luke bought in New York so we can put it up.
  • Get the final load of stuff from Luke’s parents so we know exactly how much stuff we have.
  • Put another batch of items on Ebay so I can slowly but surely get rid of everything I don’t need.
  • Do some more batch cooking at the weekend and prep my week’s worth of work lunches in advance.
  • Get my car cleaned as it looks horrible.
What have you been up to this week?

Five things - Week 109. Check out what I've been up to this week from a tribute band gig to cooking and catch ups

1. April 9, 2018 / 8:48 pm

It sounds like the good things outweighed the bad this week, although I would be pretty miffed with a chipped shellac nail too!

2. April 9, 2018 / 11:23 pm

Oh my gosh where are you going for his birthday next year I need to know haha! It’s lovely when family come and visit for some time.

3. April 10, 2018 / 9:49 am

ive had a horrible week, my father in laws just been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and told he has 2-3 years, my husbands been ill with a shortness of breath and caughs for three weeks and results are taking their time so with father in law ill its worrying us and my son collapsed and went al floppy where i rushed him to be seen to and he was perfectly fine by time i got there , i planned to take the kids to the park rangers today for a picnic and play but the rains cancelled it again , all not good for me im hoping its going to weigh over the good soon x

• Rhian Westbury
      April 10, 2018 / 1:50 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your week that’s certainly not nice. Hopefully this week is better for you x

4. April 10, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I also need to get my new gym pass sorted out, as I have just moved to a new place. I do like going to the gym, I find it very motivating especially when there are classes.

5. April 10, 2018 / 4:57 pm

Where are you thinking of going? I had to lol at the names of the tribute bands. It sounds fun. Oh don’t even go there with car cleanliness. Ours are a mess especially after all this awful weather. No clue where to start on them. I think I may have to fork out for someone to do it for us

6. April 10, 2018 / 8:34 pm

Ooh the pulled pork sounds great! I joined the gym in January and I love it, it’s been a real life changer really!

7. April 10, 2018 / 8:34 pm

8. April 10, 2018 / 8:50 pm

I must try making a pulled pork. I do love that dish although I don’t have a slow cooker but I’m hearing hat they’re very good.

9. April 10, 2018 / 9:14 pm

That slowed pork looks amazing, we have the same slow cooker and it is so amazing.

10. April 11, 2018 / 12:45 am

Rhian…..did you get yourself any New York Yankees swag during your trip? Asking for a cheetah…..
    That pulled pork looks fab!!!

11. April 11, 2018 / 8:48 am

The pulled pork looks like it would have tasted delicious. It’s nice you got to have a bit of a relax and spend time with your families x

12. April 11, 2018 / 12:37 pm

Ooh I want to know where you are going for his birthday. I need my nails doing, I have bitten them all off but when they are painted nicely I tend to look after them x

13. April 11, 2018 / 1:18 pm

I love the process of going through the good and bad, I find it always gives me perspective and helps me remember all the things that went right! x

14. April 11, 2018 / 1:57 pm

Good luck with the gym induction I hope it all goes well, and congrats on securing the restaurant review, looking forward to reading the review 🙂 x

15. Dannii
    April 11, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Haha I love the name of those tribute acts. I miss Camden so much – I must pay it a visit next time I am down south.

16. April 12, 2018 / 5:03 am

I like the sound of a chilled Easter and the slow cooker meal looks real yummy.

17. April 12, 2018 / 9:17 am

The slower cooker meal looks absolutely yummy, i just made a few stew and loved it. I have to try pork

18. April 13, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Friday nights tribute bands sound awesome! It’s so annoying when your Shellac chips isn’t it.