Lock’d Escape Rooms – Could We Complete Grandpa’s Last Will?

Lock’d Escape Rooms – Could We Complete Grandpa’s Last Will?

Escape Rooms are certainly one of the most popular pasttimes at the moment with so many sprouting up that it can be a bit mind boogling where to go. The premise for most are that you’re locked in a room and you have to solve an array of puzzles and tasks in order to escape, sometimes they’re massive thinking tasks and other times they’re a bit like scavanger hunts.

Lock’d Escape Rooms is located in Bermondsey south-east London as is only about ten minutes from the underground station and despite looking like it’s miles away from Central London it was so easy to get to on the Jubilee Line. The first challenge of the day was finding the actual place despite the instructions in the booking email.

Once we’d arrived in we were briefed on the live-action game which we were about to attempt. We were booked in for Grandpa’s Last Will which is billed as a beginner escape game based around a wealthy entrepreneur who has died but he’s left his multi-million pound mansion and empire to you but you only have 60 minutes before the police arrive to find his will and escape the place.

lock'd escape rooms

I don’t want to ruin the experience by telling you how it goes inside but I thought we were going to complete it really early but it was actually longer and a bit more complex than we had initially expected when we entered the room. All of the clues and puzzles are well thought out and although it wasn’t super difficult it was the right amount of brain power needed. One tip though is don’t try to always think super logicially as sometimes you need to just free your mind.

Lock’d also run two other rooms which are designed to be a little more difficult than Grandpa’s Last Will, although it really depends on the team involved. In each room you have 60 minutes to escape and it’s suitable for up to 5 people. We had a team of four and after having such a great time on this room we’re definitely hoping to go back and do the other two rooms on offer.

*We were given a complimentary game at Lock'd Escape Rooms in exchange for an honest blog review but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

1. April 6, 2018 / 5:55 pm

I do love Escape Rooms! Perfect night out for groups of friends! What an awesome group picture of you all and glad you had a fab time! 🙂 Sim x

2. April 6, 2018 / 8:07 pm

I’ve never been to an Escape Room but I’ve been hearing lots about them, and was a big fan of the original Crystal Maze style TV shows so I think I’d quite like the challenge. This one looks fun. I’m glad to hear they have a beginner room as I wouldn’t like to start on something too hard. Definitely a unique way to spend an hour!

3. April 6, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I’ve heard about this before sounds like so much fun!

4. April 7, 2018 / 12:02 pm

I’ve been wanting to do an escape room for ages and this one is basically around the corner from where I live! Sounds like you guys had fun so I’m definitely going to see if I can rope my mates into going to one x

5. April 7, 2018 / 7:49 pm

I’ve not had a chance to do one of these yet. It sounds like it’ll be great fun. I’ll need to get a team together.

6. April 7, 2018 / 10:50 pm

I’ve wanted to experience an escape room for ages! This one looks great!

7. April 8, 2018 / 6:15 pm

This sounds so exciting and great to do with friends to make your dull weekend much more fun. I hope to do something similar to this in the future.

8. April 8, 2018 / 7:10 pm

I have never tried escape rooms before but it is something I would love to give a try one day. This seems like a lovely time spent with friends and loved ones

9. April 8, 2018 / 8:43 pm

I’ve always wanted to do this, it just sounds so fun and also gets you out the house spending time with friends and family,

10. April 8, 2018 / 9:07 pm

I really need to try an escape room out! They look like so much fun. And I love solving problems so I think they’d be right up my street.

Louise x

11. April 8, 2018 / 11:05 pm

This sounds like a fun activity and would be great as a team event. I would love to do something like this.