Expanding My Musical Horizons In Feb And March

Expanding My Musical Horizons In Feb And March

As most of you will know I’ve been trying to slow down my gig going a little so I’m not out and about in London every night of the week so it’s been a much slower ride of shows I’ve been going to. I’m trying to see more of a mixture of shows which is why three of the shows this month are the first times I’ve seen the bands (or the first times I remember).

On 24th February I went to my first show of the year at Brixton Academy to see Franz Ferdinand and it was such a fun show. I didn’t realize quite how many songs I knew so it was a huge sing-a-long show which was really feel good.

Just before we went to New York we went to see Elbow at the O2 Arena. In all honesty I don’t quite remember why we booked the tickets as neither of us are specifically fans of Elbow, I think it was just because the tickets were pretty cheap. The show was a lot better than I was expecting it to be and in the same way as Franz I recognised more of the songs than I expected to.

The final new show of the past two months was Feeder on Saturday 17th April. The band were playing a best of tour and Luke’s a fan of Feeder which is what pushed us to go and see the band plus hearing ‘Buck Rogers’ and ‘Come Back Around’ was awesome. The band were really good and we had such a chilled atmosphere as we were stood up in the VIP area. The only thing I was gutted about was that it clashed with the All Time Low show which saw them play their first album in full.

The final show of the month was a small show at Camden’s Underworld where we saw Milk Teeth who I first saw at Slam Dunk Festival last summer then on the Good Charlotte tour. The show was really fun and I absolutely love the venue as there are no barriers so people stage dive and go a bit crazy so it’s always fun to see (but stand far away from!) I reallt need to listen to more of the bands music for next time.

Expanding My Musical Horizons In Feb And March

1. April 4, 2018 / 2:07 pm

Franz Ferdinand wee one of my teenage joys! I went to so many of their gigs!
    I also love that you class this as a slow gig season – for me it would be rammed!
    C x

2. April 4, 2018 / 3:17 pm

Oo lots of new bands I’ve not heard of here – must go and check out their music!

3. Hannah Wood
    April 4, 2018 / 7:36 pm

Need to get my butt in to gear and go to some Rock /Metal shows this year , I have found lots of new band through Kerrang radio lately .

4. April 4, 2018 / 9:48 pm

Aww, I’m so jealous as Buck Rodgers by Feeder is my jam! I love those guys! It’s been a while but for my next gig I would love to go see Panic! at the Disco headline Leeds festival. That would make Rachy a very happy bunny indeed. (:
    Rachy,

5. April 5, 2018 / 10:06 am

I would love to see Franz Ferdinand! I’m not sure how many I would know from Elbow but I might be like you and know more than I realise. I had completely forgotten about Feeder too, I used to really like them

6. April 5, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Sounds like you had a great time going to all these concerts. I bet Franz Ferdinand was great and I’d like to see Feeder too!

7. April 5, 2018 / 2:20 pm

Ooo you do so much cool music stuff! Feeder I am very jealous – what a night out x

8. April 5, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I’ve never been to a gig before, but I can imagine that it’s such a thrilling experience.

9. April 5, 2018 / 6:44 pm

I am expanding my as well by checking out these guys. Thanks for sharing!

10. April 5, 2018 / 7:00 pm

I miss live music after I had kids so we are making some festivals a priority this year, little ones I am on the hunt for smaller festivals

11. April 6, 2018 / 6:54 am

I don’t know many of the names on your list but I do remember Franz Ferdinand. He was famous a few years ago with a song that went straight up the charts.

12. April 6, 2018 / 10:26 am

There is something so magical about absorbing yourself in a gig, isn’t there. You just can’t beat that atmosphere! As great as it is to hear the new songs, I love that gigs where they ‘play the hits’! Who doesn’t love a good singalong!

Kat x

13. April 6, 2018 / 5:41 pm

Some fab gigs here. I’ve not seen any of those but would love to see feeder. Great that you were in the VIP area x

14. April 6, 2018 / 7:09 pm

I love Feeder – they’re one of my faves. Both them and Franz are doing a lot of festivals this summer, so I’m hoping to see them at some point 🙂 x

15. April 7, 2018 / 8:23 am

I’ve never heard of any of these bands you mentioned, but it sounds like you had a fantastic time! I definitely need to get out more, I used to love attending gigs and festivals.

16. April 8, 2018 / 3:44 pm

I really need to go see a band or go to a concert or something. It’s been years!! x