Three Things Which Are Perfect For Your Parents Anniversary

Three Things Which Are Perfect For Your Parents Anniversary

My parents will have been married for 30 years later this month and just the thought of that is crazy for me as I can’t even imagine being with someone for 5 years never mind being married to them for 30. I am so close to my parents and love them to pieces so I knew that this year I needed to do something a little bit special for their pearl anniversary and make the traditional flowers and card a bit more exciting. Here are three things which I think are perfect for the occassion:

If you’ve read my blog before you’ll know how much I love personalised items and for something as special as a 30th wedding anniversary I knew I wanted something really special and this calligraphy print from Camilla Fellas* is absolutely perfect. This print is exactly what I wanted even though it hadn’t clicked what I wanted. Camilla was on hand to ask all the right questions to get it personalised exactly right from the colouring of the background and the shape the text would be in right through to the exact words used and how they’d be positioned. She sent over a pencil draft copy before starting the final design just to check I was happy with it which was so nice as I could tweak anything I wanted before she’d spent too much time creating. The finished product is on high quality card and has come out beautifully, now I just need to buy a frame.

OxfordBelfryHotel

One thing which me and my brother have already paid for and sorted is an overnight spa trip, in fact we have booked them in for two nights at Q Hotels. I chose this hotel as I went on my spa weekend to their Oxford branch last year and had a great time so I know they will.  They will be treated to breakfast on both mornings, dinner both nights, a lunch, spa access and a whole load of treatments and I can not wait to tell them all about it nearer the date. Thankfully I know that they won’t be reading this post as I’ve banned them for the moment so no surprises will be spoilt.

The last thing I’d love to do is quite practical but something I know they’d love and that would be to get them some new patio furniture. My dad has spent the best part of the past year renovating their garden from taking up all the grass and flower beds to putting a new stepped patio in and they should be finished with all the work in the next few month’s so a great new table and chair set would be amazing so they can relax and take in the hard work which has been done. Thankfully garden furniture doesn’t have to be expensive as Groupon have such a great range which won’t break the bank.

Three Things Which Are Perfect For Your Parents Anniversary

*This post was written in collaboration with Groupon but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. April 11, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Oh the spa trip sounds amazing! Such a nice gift for your parents to enjoy together. I’m sure they’ll enjoy it and appreciate yours and your brothers efforts

2. April 11, 2018 / 7:06 pm

I’m recently took my mum for a spa day for her birthday and she loved it. It would make a great anniversary gift too!

3. April 11, 2018 / 9:59 pm

The overnight spa trip is a great idea, so they can get away and enjoy their anniversary x

4. April 11, 2018 / 10:55 pm

Ooh, it’s my parents 30th wedding anniversary this year and I have no idea what to get them. The spa trip is a good idea although I’m not sure my dad would enjoy it as much as my mom!

5. April 12, 2018 / 8:02 am

I didn’t grow up with my parents but this will still be perfect for my grams! L) Love the spa trip for sure.

6. April 12, 2018 / 10:04 am

We love calligraphy prints so this would be perfect for my folks, who are celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary this year! Love the personalisation. Of course you can’t beat a night away too x

7. April 12, 2018 / 10:27 am

I’m sure they’ll love their gift from you! And lets hope they keep to heir word and don’t read your post 😉

8. April 12, 2018 / 10:49 am

What a lovely idea to buy them a spa trip and congratulations to them on 30 years!!

9. April 12, 2018 / 11:41 am

The personalised card is such a great idea! I’m sure that your parents will absolutely love the anniversary surprises that you have in store for them – they will add perfectly to all the memories of the years that they have spent together!

10. Dannii
    April 12, 2018 / 3:47 pm

A couple of nights away together is a great gift for your parents. All couples could do with that.

11. April 12, 2018 / 5:33 pm

They are lovely ideas! My mum died 25 years ago but my step-mum is wonderful so getting them a personalised card would be great.

12. April 12, 2018 / 7:25 pm

That print is lovely! I love a personalised gift. I’m sure they’ll be thrilled with the spa trip!

13. April 12, 2018 / 8:57 pm

We brought our current garden set from groupon and its lasted really well so would definitely recommend. Love the print its beautiful and I am sure they will enjoy the spa stay too. What thoughtful gifts. I hope they have a lovely time x

14. April 13, 2018 / 12:21 am

Personalised gifts can be a great idea and that bit more meaningful. The spa trip sounds like a lovely idea for a gift.

15. April 13, 2018 / 3:38 pm

They’re such great ideas, I’m sure your parents will value every minute.

I also love the watercolour picture, so much thought looks like it’s gone into that which means so much.

16. April 13, 2018 / 9:19 pm

You both are such a thoughtful childrenand I am sure your parents would love the little surprise you both have planned for them. The overnight hotel spa stay seems like something they will surely enjoy.

17. April 14, 2018 / 11:39 am

This is such a sweet idea! I have to admit I’ve never done something like this for my folks and now you’ve inspired me to look into something similar! x