Haymarket Hub Hotel – A Central Base Point For Your Trip To Edinburgh

Haymarket Hub Hotel – A Central Base Point For Your Trip To Edinburgh

I absolutely love Edinburgh and was lucky enough to head back for the early May Bank Holiday this year to show Luke what I love about the city. Haymarket Hub Hotel is located right outside of Edinburgh Haymarket station and for me the location of Haymarket wasn’t somewhere I’d considered much before but it ended up being the perfect pick for so many reasons.

Firstly the hotel is located right outside of the station so if you’re getting the train into the city like we did you can be right at your location without having to walk or take a taxi. There’s also a tram stop right outside which can take you through to various locations on Princes Street and close to the Royal Mile, and it’s just £4 for a day pass to use as much as you like. Finally it’s actually closer to places such as The Zoo than anywhere by the Royal Mile so it cuts out some of the time to visit there.

Haymarket Hub - Bed

We arrived at the hotel around midday just expecting to drop our bags as it was hours before check in but we were told that in 15 minutes once it had been cleaned we could get in which was music to our ears. No one likes checking in late in the day after going out and exploring. The hotel itself has a 24 hour reception which means you can grab snacks and drinks anytime you come back from your day with adequate seating if you want to have a sit down before leaving for the day.

You can choose to pay for a breakfast box from the hotel or opt for breakfast included which provides you with a voucher to use for the breakfast buffet at the ajoining pub restaurant. We had the later and the breakfast was pretty great with the all the different hot foods you’d expect alongside a variety of breads and muffins, just what you need before a day out in the city.

Haymarket Hub - Room layout

We had a standard double room and although the room was compact every bit of space was utilised to provide you with exactly what you need. Being a smart modern hotel there was no shortage of power outlets which is something that older hotels really miss out on, and the one’s either side of the bed had USB ports as well as sockets. Each room comes with full Sky TV so you can relax in bed before you fall asleep and watch a show or two, there’s free Wifi so you can connect up your devices during your stay and the air conditioning was a godsend as there seemed to be a heatwave over the May bank holiday weekend.

One thing which I loved about the room was the use of a handy smartphone which allowed you to make free local and international calls, connect to the internet to use maps and buy tickets and you could even take the phone out with you on your travels.

Haymarket Hub - Smart Phone

One thing worth noting that as the hotel is environmentally conscious unless you request it your room will only be cleaned every third night (or when you leave). For us this wasn’t an issue as we usually try and keep our towels each day but it did remind me that I probably should have made the bed before we went out. The hotel is incredibly safe as you need keycard access to get into any of the corridors leading to the lifts and rooms so it’s very safe for travellers.

Have you ever been to Edinburgh? Where did you stay?

Haymarket Hub Hotel - A Central Base Point For Your Trip To Edinburgh

*We were given a complementary double room in exchange for an honest review so all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. May 10, 2018 / 10:03 am

This sounds like a brilliant place to stay. I love the idea of the phone! I want to visit Edinburgh soon, I’ve never been. x

2. May 10, 2018 / 7:59 pm

I love the design and style of this hotel. The colours are really nice and make it stand out.

3. Holly
    May 10, 2018 / 9:33 pm

Fabulous post! I definitely need to save this one! Love the hotel! Having that handy smartphone is such a plus!

4. May 10, 2018 / 11:47 pm

How nice does this sound as a hotel? I really want to go to Edinburgh so I am going to have to remember this hotel for if we ever manage to actually make it up there to explore!

5. May 11, 2018 / 7:48 am

I would love to go to Edinburgh someday! I think it’s such a beautiful place and it’s very peaceful as well. Love the hotel that you stayed at!

6. May 11, 2018 / 6:20 pm

I love Edinburgh as its such a beautiful city. Thanks for the hotel recommendation.

7. May 11, 2018 / 6:26 pm

sounds like fun! I would like to get out and travel more, esp to Edinburgh… I’ll keep this in mind ; )

8. May 11, 2018 / 8:36 pm

This looks like a great hotel. I really need to get back to Edinburgh.

9. May 11, 2018 / 11:15 pm

This looks like a nice place to stay. I haven’t been to Edinburgh but thanks for the hotel recommendation.

10. May 12, 2018 / 2:51 am

I love hotels that are right next to public transportation. It makes getting around and exploring that much easier! I have never been to Edinburgh, but if I ever get the chance to visit, I might check this place out.

11. May 12, 2018 / 9:30 pm

The hotel sounds like it is ideally situated for exploring the city and I like the idea that they clean the rooms every 3 days. You really don’t need clean towels every day.

12. Jennifer Prince
    May 12, 2018 / 11:09 pm

What a cute hotel! I love all of the red accents. The view out of the window is so pretty, too. How fab! 🙂

13. May 13, 2018 / 6:40 am

I have been to Edinburgh but its been years and I was young and don’t remember much but would be awesome to visit again. The hotel seems really lovely and love the decor

14. May 13, 2018 / 7:41 am

Beautiful place to stay at when you’re in Edinburgh. I’ve never been there before but we’re planning to visit in the next couple of years. I’d love to stay here!

15. May 13, 2018 / 10:53 am

What a stunning place to be, the room has so much character which must add to the experience of being away from home.

16. May 13, 2018 / 6:16 pm

What a cool hotel, I love the splashes of red in the interiors and a use of a smartphone is brilliant!

17. May 13, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Oh we LOVE Edinburgh! It’s one of our favourite places in the UK and we go there quite often. I will definitely check availability here for our next trip!

18. May 13, 2018 / 10:49 pm

I have not been to Edinburgh, thank you for sharing with us your experience there. I hope to visit some day.

19. May 14, 2018 / 3:58 am

What a great hotel, its certainly giving me an idea of somewhere to stay next trip to Edinburgh. The view out of the window looked pleasant as well.

20. Jem
    May 14, 2018 / 4:07 pm

Oh, I love Edinburgh, but I haven’t been for ages. The hotel looks beautiful and the perfect place to stay as it’s so central.

21. Dannii
    May 14, 2018 / 4:09 pm

I think it’s great that hotels are becoming more environmentally conscious. Hopefully all hotels will start going that way.