Five Things – Week 118

Five Things – Week 118

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Monday and Tuesday me and Luke had pretty chilled evenings in where we did some home cooking and caught up on some TV.
  • This week I headed to see Jurassic World now that it’s out and I really enjoyed the movie just as I did the last one.
  • On Thursday I headed up to Derby to set up at a hotel ready for Download Festival and it was so nice to arrive the night before as I got to have a Wagamama’s and a nice chilled evening.
  • Over Friday – Sunday I was at Download Festival watching bands pretty much all day and I managed to watch a whole selection of band’s I’d been meaning to see and a few that I’ve loved for a while.
  • On Friday I headed into the festival early for a meeting as I worked with Live Nation over the weekend on some reviews for the official Download website.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I’ve got on top of my finances a bit more after a mixed month or two with blogging and I’m now saving again which is great.
  • I booked me and Luke in for a meal at Hawskmoor which is somewhere we’ve been talking about going for ages but I took the plunge and booked for next month.
  • As I was off work on Thursday I was able to be prepared before my festival and feel a little less stressed before going away.
  • As soon as I came home from Download Luke had baked up a batch of red velvet cinnamon rolls and it was the best way to come home from any festival.
  • I have managed to add another thing to my portfolio having now worked with the official Download site and I am pumped to have had the oppurtunity.

download festival

Five Things Which Sucked

• Somehow I managed to put on quite a bit of weight at Slimming World this week and I am absolutely gutted as I don’t feel like I was that bad.
  • As I was only in my normal office two days this week I didn’t make it to the gym at all this week and I am annoyed at myself although I did manage to do a lot of walking at Download Festival.
  • Unfortunately due to a family emergency I had to miss my work summer party on Wednesday evening which I am pretty gutted about.
  • As I was so busy over the weekend I didn’t manage to do any of my to do list I’d planned to do so coming back was a little overwhelming.
  • I wasn’t quite as good with my food at Download as I had wanted to as I ate a lot of cheese, although I did leave out meat all weekend and see what festivals are like for vegetarians.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Finalise all content from Download Festival and get things scheduled on both Mosh and here.
  • Start planning a more in depth content strategy for both my blog but also my freelance work so I can start pitching articles.
  • Be productive on my two days off this week (Monday and Tuesday).
  • Keep a food diary for the whole week and be totally honest about everything I eat and drink.
  • Do some form of exercise at home or at the gym every day.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 118

1. June 11, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Download followed by baked cinnamon rolls sounds an excellent weekend! I’m hoping that you can get back on top of things this week and don’t be too hard on yourself for being distracted with SW last!
    C x

2. Hannah Wood
    June 11, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Love Download such a good rock festival love all that music so much .

3. June 11, 2018 / 10:43 pm

I am looking forward to reading all your Download content, it was a festival I always wanted to go to but never got around to, so always nice to see how others found it.

4. June 12, 2018 / 11:12 am

I hear you on the exercise I need to do more of that also x

5. June 12, 2018 / 11:15 am

Sounds like you have had a productive week. I really need to nail my finances and start saving too.

6. June 12, 2018 / 11:25 am

Congratulations on getting on top of your finances. Glad to hear you are able to save again. You will love Hawksmoor the food there is great.

7. June 12, 2018 / 11:32 am

Looks like you have kept yourself quite busy this past week. So glad to hear that you are saving some money again which is such a positive thing. Do share more about your meal at Hawskmoor when you can.

8. June 12, 2018 / 11:56 am

ooo Jurassic world is out on friday here and I can’t wait to see it! don’t worry about missing the gym, new week new start

9. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    June 12, 2018 / 12:16 pm

It looks like you have a busy schedule. and Congratulations on being top of your finances.

10. June 12, 2018 / 4:18 pm

I loved Download when i went a few years ago. Hope everything’s ok with the family emergency

11. June 12, 2018 / 10:37 pm

My folks went to Download a couple of years back and had an awesome time. Did you enjoy seeing BT? Sorry to hear about the family emergency and my mummy has put on weight from the last festival we went to x

12. June 14, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Congratulations on being able to have worked on the Download site, that is such an amazing opportunity and I am so glad that you had a good time as well! And glad you are able to save again.

13. June 15, 2018 / 10:40 pm

I’d love to go to Download one year! Maybe next year I’ll make it.

14. June 17, 2018 / 7:41 pm

Sorry to hear that slimming world is not going as well as you hoped. Download festival looks awesome

15. June 20, 2018 / 12:33 pm

How great was Jurassic Park?! I absolutely loved it, and can’t wait for the next one now! Sorry to hear that you didn’t do so well at Slimming World this week though 🙁 what a bummer! x