Three Luxury Retreats I’d Love To Visit

Three Luxury Retreats I’d Love To Visit

I’ve mentioned quite a few times about how I want to explore the UK more and see more of what my own coutry has to offer. While hotels are a great option for cities I much prefer the idea of a cottage break when I’m going on a retreat or staycation. I’ve stayed in cottages with my friends before and it’s always nice having a bit more freedom and flexibility to cook for yourself, have more social space and outdoor space to enjoy some much needed relaxation. Here are three luxury retreats that I’d love to visit.

Pentire View, Broadmeadows in Wadebridge, Mid Cornwall

Cornwall has been on my my to visit list for such a long time as I want to experience the beaches, try out surfing and just enjoy being so far away from my home. Pentire View is a beautiful luxury retreat located in Wadebridge which is in South-West Cornwall which has fishing villages, dolphin-rich waters, woodlands and coves for exploring. The idea of being close to a beach where you can walk on the sands and get some real fresh air really appeals to me. Pentire View feels like it’s in the middle of nowhere with views of rolling hills and countryside and the social living area is really open plan which is great when you’re with a group and cooking for yourselves.

the golf apartment the lake district

The Golf Apartment in Kendal, Lake District

The Lake District is another place which has been high on my to visit list as I’ve not been to the area since I completed my Duke of Edinburgh in Secondary School. The Lake District is the sort of place with clear air, mountain ranges and clear waters through lakes so it would be perfect for a break away from life where I could go on hikes and try out kayaking for the first time in the waters. The Golf Apartment is located just opposite a golf course which I know Luke would love as he loves playing golf and staying this apartment gives you 50% off at the course which is a great discount. The apartment itself is really contemporary and looks out over the course in parts. This is a luxury retreat which would be great for both me and Luke if we wanted to do a weekend away.

brighton penthouse

Belle View in Brighton

I’ve always loved Brighton when I’ve been before but other than for the odd gig I’ve never stayed in the city so I’d love to do a long weekend break on the seafront. Belle View is just a short walk from the seafront and from the living room you can even see the famous Brighton Pier which is somewhere I’ve barely explored before. I’m keen to see more of the city and have a trip to the original Choccywoccydoodah as it was so busy last time when I visited. The penthouse is state of the art and has off-street parking which is really unusual for the city as it’s such a great location for a luxury retreat.

*This post was written in collaboration with Niche Treats but all lusting, thoughts and opinions are my own

1. June 12, 2018 / 4:49 pm

Oh wow what some absolutely beautiful looking retreats, I have to admit I could totally do with just having a getaway at the moment and having some “me” time.

2. June 12, 2018 / 7:15 pm

These all look absolutely stunning, and all fantastic locations too! I’m a huge fan of a cottage – it’s just so much more flexible and has that cosy and private feel that puts you at ease straight away. It’s a tough call, but I think Cornwall would get my vote – we visit every year and absolutely love it.

3. June 13, 2018 / 7:57 am

For me, it would be the one in Cornwall. I have never been there and it is def on my list. But they all look good, let’s be honest!

4. June 13, 2018 / 4:09 pm

Oh these look fab I’d love to go to Cornwall although I’m more of a static caravan kinda gal when we go away I really enjoy my own space x

5. June 13, 2018 / 4:13 pm

Yes to them all please, I am a big fan of a cottage also. Would love to stay the Golf Apartment in Kendal though too !

6. June 13, 2018 / 4:14 pm

Whoo these look great. I would love to stay in all these too 🙂

7. June 13, 2018 / 5:32 pm

I would love to go to the golf apartment in the lakes! We love the lakes and have had some amazing weekends up there!

8. June 13, 2018 / 9:36 pm

These look amazing although I would be a little worried the kids would wreck them! Mind you Hubby and I are due a little getaway of our own x

9. June 13, 2018 / 10:23 pm

These all sound wonderful especially the one in Brighton. That’s one I would love to go and visit especially as I can then go visit Riddle and Finns and Choccywoccydoodah as I never stopped for cake last time.

10. June 13, 2018 / 11:49 pm

I’m not surprised you’d want to visit these, they all look lush! I really want to visit Cornwall one day, but interiors wise I think I like the one with the brown leather sofas best.

11. June 14, 2018 / 10:19 am

I actually looked at booking Belle View when I went to Brighton a few weeks back! It looks so dreamy doesn’t it x

12. June 14, 2018 / 12:46 pm

That apartment looks really nice! It’s big and roomy! These sound like great places to put on a travel bucket list:)

13. Nicola Lawson
    June 14, 2018 / 4:24 pm

I absolutely love the lake district, but since I’ve never been I think Cornwall would be a treat too.

14. June 14, 2018 / 4:40 pm

What super places to stay! My husband and I are looking for somewhere in the UK to go to this July for a few nights; I’ll have to show him this post!

15. June 15, 2018 / 9:21 am

Pentire View looks stunning, I love Wadebridge

16. June 15, 2018 / 12:26 pm

I would definitely recommend visiting Cornwall. Wadebridge is a lovely area and, as you know, very dolphin friendly! Kendal is such a picturesque town – it just screams “quintessentially British” to me! I haven’t ever stayed in Brighton and only visited it once on the way home from Eastbourne but Belle View looks glorious.

17. June 15, 2018 / 2:52 pm

I am so lucky being so near to the Lake District that we can go just for the day – we tend to take it for granted somewhat. I’ve never been to Brighton though so Belle View will be kept in mind.

18. June 16, 2018 / 6:50 am

all three retreats looks so beautiful. I’ve never thought of going on a retreat. one day I will

19. June 16, 2018 / 3:55 pm

What a wonderful article, I would love to visit them all three as well. Looks like a nice place to relax.