Let’s get this statement out of the way: How the hell are we half way through May? While last weekend was glorious sunshine now it seems that the skies are greying and reminding us that the summer is not coming anytime soon. I have less than two weeks until my summer truly kicks in with festival season and it is crazy! This week has had it’s ups and downs but it’s been a pretty good week overall.
Five Things I Did This Week
- I filed my 2015/16 tax return this week and paid off the tax I owe. I wanted to do it back in April but I had issues with logins and then spent ages looking for my PAYE number, but it’s all done now. It’s good to know that the tax has been paid and I don’t need to worry about owing money any more.
- On Wednesday, I upped the nostalgia factor and headed to Wembley Arena to see Busted. It was pretty much this time 12 years ago that I last saw them at the venue and the show was incredible. It reminded me excited and happy music can make people as there wasn’t a non-smiling face in the venue.
- On Friday evening I went indoor skydiving at Airkix in Milton Keynes and it was such a fun experience. It’s a real adrenaline rush and definitely something I think i’ll be doing again.
- On Saturday I had a mass clear out of my flat in preperation for my new carpet last week involving moving all the furniture and things out of the room.
- I had a nice weekend staying at home with my parents while my flat is kind of out of action. Saturday evening we watched Eurovision (so glad Australia didn’t win), and then we went for a quick Nandos on Sunday evening.
Five Great Things To Happen
- You’re probably all fed up with me talking about New York but I booked a ticket to see The Book of Mormon when I am there because I found a reasonably priced one. I’ve been meaning to see this for a while so am pretty excited to catch it on Broadway.
- Seeing as I am already crazy addicted I managed to watch entire season and a half of Orange is the New Black and I don’t think it will be long before all three seasons are watched.
- I booked my flights to Budapest for September. Myself and my best friend are going to the city for three days and I am so excited. I’ve been there before but didn’t feel like we did much so I am looking forward to more exploration, and plenty of time relaxing in the baths.
- I booked tickets to see the new X-Men movie next week on release night, so another midnight showing. This time I am going to have a nap before going so I don’t feel tired during the movie.
- I’ve been accepted to be an official Yahoo Blogger. I applied for their outreach scheme a few months ago and got to the second round where I needed to craft a post which I did but after waiting quite a few weeks (and a cheeky chase up) I thought there was no chance I’d get picked but I did. I’m pretty excited to get cracking on some creative pieces for them.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Due to some miscommunication and issues with our application form my website had our Slamdunk accreditation messed up 🙁
- I’ve been super knackered this week because I have spent so much time emptying out my bedroom and spare room ready for my new carpet to be fitted. My entire flat is a massive mess and I know it’s going to take some time to get it back to normal.
- I was meant to do a whole batch of blog photos at the end of the week/ weekend but due to the mess in my flat this hasn’t been possible so I’ve been a little bit behind.
- The flight prices have gone up so much for when I head to Germany for my festival next month so I’m going to have to fly into a different airport. I wish I had booked them months ago and it’s so unlike me to be unorganised.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- My new carpets are fit tomorrow (Monday) morning so I have two rooms worth of stuff to put back into their places and tidy *eek*. It’s going to be a long week of tidying.
- Pack for my overnight trip to Copenhagen on Friday/ Saturday. It was such a last minute trip I am pretty much winging it, but I am looking forward to two days of exploration and relaxation.
- Run for at least ten minutes straight each time I am at the gym to prepare for next Sunday’s 5km paint run.
- I want to finish season two of Orange is the New Black. I am part way through anyway so I can’t see this being a tricky one to do as it is so addictive to watch.
- Try not to spend too much when I go to Forever 21 next week. Oxford Street can be a daunting place and I really need to ensure I don’t spend too much.