I had planned on doing one of the five things posts while I was away in New York but I was out and about so much and did so much that I didn’t get chance to. Now I am back (boo) it’s time to get back into reality and the flow of my blog so this is kind of two weeks worth of stuff as I don’t want to say too much about NY as there will be separate posts.
Five Things I Did This Week
- Before I went to NY I had my second scuba diving course lesson and it was so much better now I had an idea of what I was doing. I am going to have one more session before ordering my books for my qualification so I am pretty excited.
- On the Saturday I was in New York I went to Warped Tour and it was one of those experiences I had been waiting for for years and it finally happened.
- In NY I did so much but I was so happy to have gone to a New York Yankees match. Now baseball isn’t the most fun sport to watch but it was the only thing in session and it was so good to see a hometown game. Sadly Boston Red Sox won but it didn’t stop it from being a fun night.
- I managed to head to four out of the five states of New York City while away which was great including a trip to the Bronx for the Yankees match, a shopping trip to Queens’ and two separate trips to Brooklyn on the hunt for particular food haunts.
- One of the highlights of my trip was the Star Wars Discovery exhibition which showcased some of the original costumes used within the movies, including the original Chewbacca and the original robots (including BB8 from the most recent one). I went super early so was one of only two people in there and it was incredible to see.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I’ve finally managed to do a whole load of the things in NY which I’ve been meaning to do for years such as the Central Park Zoo, The Met, The Moma etc. And I feel like my next trip to the city would be a bit more of an exploration.
- I got absolutely everything on my Sephora wishlist (along with a hell of a lot more). I am trying not to think about how much I spent but when I do my haul post soon we’ll all see how mad I went.
- The weather was beautiful in New York (although a little too warm for me aka mid to late 30’s) but it has meant that I’ve got an okay tan.
- Anyone who has been to NY knows how easy it is to walk places and because of this I managed 25,000-30,000 steps a day. It might not have covered for everything I ate but I felt better doing so much exercise.
- Being in New York showed me how much I can do on my own. Yes I did spend a good amount of time with my friend but I went to the theater alone, went up the Rockafeller at night on my own and did exhibitions and trips and it reminded me that I don’t mind my own company.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I totally misread my hotel description and it didn’t have a bath in it. I was totally looking forward to relaxing in the bath after a long day walking.
- I spent so much money when I was away. I had budgeted pretty much everything I spent but I hadn’t expected to go through it all.
- I had to check in a second bag onto the plane as somehow when I weighed my bag the day before it was so heavy like 30kg+ and the limit was 20kg! I quickly bought a cheap holdall and only paid £25 to check a second bag in, but it was a lot to carry.
- I forgot how much I relied on wifi to do everything from contacting friends to checking maps. Being in my hotel was fine but being out and about I had to rely on my friend’s maps to get to certain locations.
- Because of how warm it was I spent most of the week feeling warm and muggy, I was kinda hoping it would be cooler when I got back but it just seems muggy here as well.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Get back on track with my blog and schedule out a week’s worth of posts alongside their images.
- Take images of my entire Sephora haul ready for a post of epic proportions.
- Sort out when I am going to see Suicide Squad and get tickets bought.
- Do a food shop as I literally have nothing in my flat to eat at the moment as I didn’t buy much before I went away.
- Hope like hell when I get weighed on Thursday I haven’t put on too much weight from America.