Five Things – Week 95

Five Things – Week 95

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Wednesday evening I headed to Uxbridge to go to dinner and then get ready for the midnight showing of Star Wars. I won’t give any spoilers at all but personally, I loved it.
  • Due to the super late Star Wars showing, I had Thursday off work to sleep, catch up on bits and then in the evening I had my hair cut and dyed in advance of Christmas.
  • On Friday I went and had my nails redone before Christmas and I am so happy with how they look as I’ve gone for a sparkly red which is so unlike what I usually go for.
  • Saturday saw me and my boyfriend get all dressed up and head into London for a nice steak meal followed by drinks at Piano Works for a few of my friends birthdays. It was a fun evening but it made me realize how not into clubs I am.
  • The week ended with a trip to the local Christmas market and a nice Italian dinner with my boyfriend and parents.

Five Great Things To Happen

• For the very first time this week I started emailing travel brands about collaborations for next year and I got my first acceptance email which has made me feel so happy and proud.
  • I went to order a last minute extra Christmas present for my brother and I found out that it was on the sale so I was very happy with that and even managed to nab an extra item as well.
  • I have finished wrapping all of my Christmas presents which means I can relax a bit in the final week leading up to Christmas.
  • There was an awesome Sephora sale and about four items in my saved list were all on sale so as I had finished all my Christmas shopping I made an order and treated myself and I can’t wait for it to arrive.
  • I have an awesome new competition live over on my Twitter where you can win a pair of rollerskates from Skates.

biscuiteers

Five Things Which Sucked

• Due to the snow, I had to miss out on a blogging event on Monday evening as the trains were a bit messed up and I didn’t want to risk being stranded.
  • My train was canceled on Tuesday evening which meant I was late for my laser appointment and it also meant I couldn’t pop to the few shops I wanted to before my appointment.
  • I put on 2.5 pounds this week at Slimming World and I know I only have myself to blame as I wasn’t as strict and I did have an afternoon tea that week, but I really need to get back into it ahead of Christmas.
  • I was expecting a slightly easier final week of work leading up to Christmas but due to some projects etc it seems that this week will be as busy as ever.
  • I seem to currently have an issue with spam comments on my blog and while they don’t get published it’s so time-consuming going through pending to pick out the real one’s to publish.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Go and see Jumanji. I’ve been pretty excited about this movie for a while and I can’t wait to see it.
  • Schedule some blog posts for the first week of January so I don’t have to worry over the Christmas period.
  • Don’t go too crazy on bad food as I am out on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with friends and having catch ups.
  • Do a whole load of baking ready for Christmas so my family can indulge.
  • Make sure I take in all the festivities and relax a bit so I can enjoy them.
What have you been up to this week?

1. December 18, 2017 / 1:33 pm

I ALSO HAD THURSDAY OFF TO SLEEP AFTER STAR WARS! Glad I’m not alone there, my poor boyfriend had to go into work!

Spam comments are so annoying and time consuming, there does seem to have been an influx of them recently, or am I going mad?

I can’t wait to see what you think of Jumaniji. I’m still currently in two minds because I love the original and don’t want anyone to touch it, but, at the same time…. I love The Rock… I have no shame.

2. December 18, 2017 / 3:42 pm

I am yet to see the star wars movie but excited to have it on the books for next week.

3. December 18, 2017 / 5:35 pm

Hate spam comments, so can sympathise! Not a great lover of Star Wars but know they are insanely popular!

4. December 18, 2017 / 10:45 pm

Oh I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Jumanji it is such a good movie. Oh and how wonderful that you got your first acceptance for a travel collaboration that is amazing well done !

5. December 19, 2017 / 9:36 am

What a great list, looks like you did so much this week, much more than us. We were wrapping up presents and writing last minute cards. Cant wait to read your next post.

6. December 19, 2017 / 10:03 am

A whole day of baking sounds amazing, I would love to set aside time for that and I totally hear you regarding the spam comments – SO annoying.

7. December 19, 2017 / 11:44 am

I definitely want to see the new Star Wars movie and am chuffed to find that I have yet to read any spoilers x

8. Thena Franssen
    December 19, 2017 / 12:36 pm

It is on my list to see Star Wars, just haven’t had the time yet. And Baking? Yes please. Since the holiday season has started, I haven’t stopped!

9. December 19, 2017 / 12:42 pm

Sephora sale stood out to me – I love their shop. I could literally get lost in there forever x

10. December 19, 2017 / 12:44 pm

How rubbish that you got to miss the blog event but how fab you’ve got collabs in the pipeline for 2018! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got planned for the blog next year!

11. December 19, 2017 / 4:09 pm

I haven’t seen Star Wars yet (no spoilers please) so I cannot comment on that yet. I’m also interested in Jumanji! I loved the first movie with Robin Williams, I’m just afraid it might not be as good. We’ll see…

12. December 19, 2017 / 10:04 pm

Ah it’s nearly Christmas, enjoy the treats! It’s ok to gain some weight and you can pull it back next year. I am sorry to hear you weren’t able to get to your blogging event and good luck with the collaborations next year 🙂

13. December 19, 2017 / 10:43 pm

I like the idea of five things. My sister does something similar with the kids at dinner. i can’t wait to see Jumanji.

14. December 19, 2017 / 11:41 pm

I wish i had the time to get my hair cut and dyed AND my nails done before christmas! I will look like the grinch but will still have a good time.

15. December 20, 2017 / 12:13 am

We’ve been doing lots of baking this week. But I don’t see it lasting until Christmas, so will probably have to do another round.

16. Hannah Denton
    December 20, 2017 / 8:22 am

You’ve seen Star Wars already! That’s amazing! I’m
    Going this week✨

17. December 21, 2017 / 8:09 am

I saw Star Wars on Tuesday and it was absolutely amazing. And I really should visit my local Christmas market…

18. December 21, 2017 / 8:16 am

Congratulations on the collaboration, I do a lot of those because I travel a lot. I really wish we had Sephora here and I didnt have to go to Barcelona for one,

19. December 21, 2017 / 11:16 am

Star Wars was amazing wasn’t i?! I really want to go and see it again (without my children this time!).

20. December 21, 2017 / 4:05 pm

I am freaking out of the new star wars movie, I am a major fan. A little disappointed with the last movie, so hoping this one ups it’s game a little.

21. December 21, 2017 / 5:15 pm

I’m desperate to see Star Wars! I was meant to go with my Mum but my littlest was in hospital. Perhaps in the New Year I can convince Husband to see it again with me!

22. December 21, 2017 / 5:40 pm

I cannot wait to see the new Star Wars! I’m really sorry about your transport hell though – cancelled trains are the worst!

C x

23. December 21, 2017 / 6:07 pm

I think I am the only person in the world (besides my daughter) who does not care about seeing this new movie. However, I do love George Lucas’ personal story.

24. December 21, 2017 / 7:25 pm

What a lovely time! I’d love a proper cut and colour session, I really need it! As for spam, my own site seems to have sent be a spam comment today!! No idea what that is about!!

25. December 21, 2017 / 7:44 pm

sounds like you had a lovely week… my hubby really wants to go and see the new star wars film. Me personally am really excited for the new pitch perfect film lol.

26. December 21, 2017 / 10:20 pm

Wow, busy week and despite one or two set backs it sounds like a good one! Congrats on securing your first travel yes. That’s my job for the first week in January!

27. December 21, 2017 / 10:38 pm

Am I gonna get in trouble if I admit I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars films and my bf is trying to make me watch the latest one lol.

28. December 22, 2017 / 12:09 am

Omg I love this post. I fee like it actually gives you so much perspective on your week. Like you know there’s things that sucked, but you also have so many wins to celebrate, big and small. I might doing something similar for myself.

29. December 22, 2017 / 3:48 am

This is a great idea at it’s something to look back on at the end of the year. Good luck with the baking. I’m in charge of 2 desserts and I’m currently thinking whether I should just buy one of them haha

30. December 22, 2017 / 7:50 am

I’m yet to see star wars or Jumanji but heard good things about them! Congrats on getting your first travel collaboration, I also want to venture into more collaborations but unsure how to approach them. X

31. December 22, 2017 / 8:54 am

Oh I hear you re spam comments ! I have to do the same bloody thing ! It’s so irratating! Congratulations on the travel ! That’s exciting ! Hope work has calmed since and that Christmas is relaxing for you all !

32. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    December 22, 2017 / 10:39 pm

I went to see Star Wars on the day of release: I agree it was fab! I love it when you buy something and find out a sale is on!

33. December 23, 2017 / 7:19 pm

I haven’t made it to Edinburgh’s Christmas Market this year. We were a bit spoiled last year, as we were in Berlin where there is a Christmas Market at every corner, or so it seems.

34. December 27, 2017 / 5:45 pm

I think its so cool that you went to the midnight showing – I’ve always wanted to do that with a film! My boyfriend and I have finally put a date in the diary to go see it – on New Years Day. We’re gonna treat ourselves to the gallery at the iMax too so hopefully it should be a nice day x

• Rhian Westbury
      Author
      December 28, 2017 / 11:28 am

Ohh I love treating myself to the Imax Gallery, I always take full advantage of the nachos/ popcorn/ drink situation x

35. December 28, 2017 / 3:00 pm

ooh how exciting that you bagged yourself a sponsored travel post! Well done can’t wait to see your travels next year!

36. December 28, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Sounds like you had an exciting week! I loved Star Wars so much I can’t wait to see it again! How did your Christmas go in the end? I’m so with you on the feeling down about putting weight on front. I have so much work to do, starting from tomorrow. Happy new year!

37. January 3, 2018 / 2:44 pm

if you’re having issues with spam, maybe turn on moderating for all comments! Spam just means you’re moving up there girl, and that’s good!