Social Media Programmes I Use To Help Promote My Blog

Social Media Programmes I Use To Help Promote My Blog

I’m going to admit since starting my new job I have not been as on it with social media as I used to, this is because I’m just getting into the routine of finding a balance with everything. Despite this I do find that there are a lot of helpful sites out there to make managing your social media much easier and simpler, especially when you’re trying to juggle a few different ones. I don’t use them all but I still use Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Stumbleupon as tools to push my blog.

Planoly

I decided to subscribe to Planoly which is less than ten pounds a month for my Instagram scheduling as I found it a much better interface to use than Buffer. If you’re a business Instagram you can set it up to do automatic posting s opposed to it being a push notification that you still have to manually post. For me I find this so useful as I’m not always around in the mornings when I push my images live so this helps to ensure I am on track and always have images live. One thing I have to do with auto posting is ensure the images are already the right square size as I can’t edit them before publishing like I used to do with Buffer. There is so much functionality in Planoly for example you can upload a lot of images and not actually schedule them so you have back up images if you’ve ever got a time when you’ve not scheduled something and you want to upload an image.

Tweetdeck

Tweetdeck

I use Tweetdeck as the main programme to schedule tweets for my blog as I love the interface and it’s a free programme which doesn’t have a limit to the amount of tweets you can schedule (unlike something like Buffer). At the weekend or beginning of each week I grab the URL’s of all the posts I have scheduled that week and schedule the tweets ready to go out and promote my new posts. It doesn’t take long to do and you can add an image alongside your tweet so it’s really handy. You can even hook up multiple accounts which is great if you manage multiple accounts.

Buffer

I used to have the paid version of Buffer but now only have the free version which I use when I need to schedule a tweet with multiple images as this is one area which Tweetdeck falls down on. With Buffer you can add more than one image for a tweet which for certain things can be quite useful so I just use this as and when I need it.

Tailwind

Tailwind

I’m sure pretty much every blogger has heard about Tailwind which is a platform used to schedule Pinterest pins, and I have to admit that it has been a lifesaver for me. Until the end of last year I didn’t use Pinterest to promote my blog and only sporadically used it for personal use, so I put it as a priority for me. I created pins for a lot of my content, reworked my boards and pinned like crazy to get it to where it is today. After the initial set up was done I now spend just under an hour once a week going through Pinterest and scheduling pins (both my own and others) to go live throughout the week, and while I haven’t experienced anything go viral I have seen a huge increase in my Pinterest impressions alongside a steady increase in page views on my site. I do pay for Tailwind but I find the payment is worth it as it keeps my social media trickling with content.

Stumbleupon

For Stumbleupon it’s just the social media site itself but I do find that I get pretty good traffic from it, although it does tend to increase your bounce rate a little bit. Each week I stumble my own posts and then go through the site and stumble and like some other posts so it isn’t all my own posts, I don’t fimnd this takes more than 15 minutes or so but it’s worth it for traffic.

What social media sites do you use to promote your blog?

Social Media Programme I Use To Help Promote My Blog

1. May 17, 2018 / 5:32 pm

This is a great rundown of social media you use for your blog. I used to use SU a lot but I’ve stopped these days I should really get back into it though.

2. May 17, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Yes, these are all great, I also really like missinglettr which helps with my scheduling. I would like to get Planoly.

3. May 17, 2018 / 8:01 pm

Gosh I don’t use any of these. I signed up to Stumbleupon but never have used it.

4. May 17, 2018 / 10:39 pm

I use planoly for Instagram and buffer for twitter and Facebook .I find them both useful and time saving.

5. Marie
    May 18, 2018 / 11:58 am

I never even realised these tools were available, great run down. Thank you!

6. May 18, 2018 / 5:15 pm

This is really useful, I used to use Buffer but I think I might give Tweetdeck a go and see if it works for me. I would be interested in using Tailwind but I don’t think I make enough money to justify it yet.

7. May 18, 2018 / 6:06 pm

What a fab time up of social media programmes. Lovely of you to share this info x

8. May 19, 2018 / 9:01 am

I have a Tailwind account but confess I’ve never gotten around to figuring out how to use it – it doesn’t seem very intuitive, but I’ve heard good things about it. SU used to send decent traffic my way, but I haven’t had a spike in over a year.

9. May 19, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Most of these sites I have never heard of! I used to use a program for scheduling pins but don`t remember what its called. I am definitely looking into Tailwind. Thanks for the tip!

10. May 20, 2018 / 8:08 am

This is a great selection of social media sites you use, I use a couple already but I am definitely going to check out the others x

11. May 20, 2018 / 9:41 am

I use Planoly but only the free version and I use Hootsuite to schedule tweets, Facebook posts and LinkedIn posts. I like the sound of Tailwind as I’m not very good when it comes to Pinterest so I am literally downloading that now.

12. May 20, 2018 / 1:38 pm

This was super helpful for me! Even though I have been blogging a year I haven’t heard of half of these. I use twitter a lot so I am going to head over and check out tweet deck now

13. May 20, 2018 / 2:50 pm

Tailwind is great for doing at the start of the week and letting it do its stuff for the remainder. I use SU but admit I don’t get much from it.

14. May 21, 2018 / 7:46 am

I have heard of tailwind but have not yet started using it. I used to use tweet old post but it has stopped working

15. Michelle Murray
    May 21, 2018 / 8:54 pm

I haven’t heard of Tailwind and Pinterest is something I really want to do in future

16. Valentina
    June 28, 2018 / 2:33 pm

Dear this is a very nice tool list! I actually tried Buffer but didn’t like it much…I will try Tailwind for sure and Tweetdeck instead. Thank you so much for sharing!