Five Things I Did Last Week
- Over the whole week I did a batch of overtime which included starting at 7am every morning and staying late on Monday and Wednesday. They were long days but I don’t mind doing the overtime queues and it’s all money
- On Friday I went to see Bring Me The Horizon at Alexandra Palace with Luke, his sister and my brother. The show itself was so good and I had such a great night.
- On Saturday I went to Winchester for the day with Luke where we had a super festive day including the zoo, Christmas markets and the opening night of panto.
- On Sunday evening me and Luke headed to La Petite Jamaica in Camden to try out some Jamaican food and I was really impressed with it considering neither of us are massive fans of spice.
- After the meal when Luke headed home I went to Brixton Academy to see You Me At Six play Take Off Your Colours in full and it was amazing hearing songs I hadn’t heard in a long time. Plus I spotted a few friends who I managed to have well overdue catch ups with.
Five Things Which Were Great
- I have sorted out a solicitor for my flat sale which is another step in the right direction, although it is one more cost which I hadn’t really budgeted for explicitly.
- I’ve booked tickets for me and my mum to go to see A Star Is Born next week as we’ve both wanted to see it for a while and there are still showings in our local cinema. I’m pretty excited as I’ve heard such good things.
- Me and Luke have booked tickets to see The Zutons play next year and I am really really excited to see them as I’ve been a fan for a lot of years and I didn’t even realize they were coming back.
- I actually had more money in my account than I had expected after payday which means that I should be able to start saving this month going forward which is great as we’re going to need all the money we can get for moving.
- I have the dates confirmed for two friend’s weddings which are due to take place in 2020 and I am so excited for the next few years.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I’ve made the decision to not go to Cologne next weekend in a bid to save money. My friend couldn’t go for health reasons so I was going on my own anyway and I’ve only paid out for the flight as the hotel was a free cancellation and pay when you get there deal. I think it’s for the best and I can go again in a few years with Luke or my friend and it will be more fun.
- I have been pretty tired over this week due to the overtime that I’ve been doing, but it’s all worth it in the end for the extra money that I’m going to be able to save.
- I actually didn’t go to the Bring Me The Horizon show on Thursday because I was so tired. It’s so unlike me to miss one of their shows, especially when I had a ticket but I didn’t want to make myself more exhausted.
- As we were so busy at the weekend I didn’t get a chance to fully put up my Christmas tree so I still have that to do.
- My friend went into hospital last Tuesday for an operation and while I’ve spoken to her a few times I’ve not had the chance to go and visit her which I am upset at myself about.
Five Things To Do This Week
- Create all my content from my weekend away in Winchester.
- Plan my secret Santa present for my work team. I love doing Secret Santa’s so I’m pretty excited.
- Finish wrapping my families Christmas presents.
- Start making some moving out plans.
- Have a bath and pamper evening.
What have you been up to this week?