Five Things – Week 144

Five Things – Week 144

Five Things I Did Last Week

• Overtime came back up at work so I did a few extra hours over Wednesday- Friday to top up some money before Christmas.
  • On Tuesday I headed to my Nan’s after Slimming World for dinner and a catch up with her which was nice as I’ve not spent time properly with her in a while.
  • On Thursday evening I took my mum to the cinema to see A Star Is Born and I was blown away by the movie. It was so emotional and both Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were incredible in the movie.
  • On Friday I finally managed to see my friend after her operation and it was so nice to see how well she’s getting on and catch up.
  • Over the weekend I had some errands to run but it was pretty chilled with some home cooking on Saturday and lunch at Luke’s parents on Sunday.

Five Things Which Were Great

• Our Christmas tree was finished on Monday and I am so happy with how it looks. I didn’t put on anywhere near all the decorations I had (as I have a lot) and we didn’t want it to look too OTT.
  • I got the memorandum of sale for my flat which means my solicitors and the buyers solicitors have started work and we’re hoping to close the sale in February which is so exciting (but also scary!)
  • Vukovi who are Luke’s favourite band (and one I love too) announced a tiny show in January so we bought our tickets on pre-sale and we’re so excited.
  • The live Nightmare Before Christmas show with Danny Elfman was announced and I managed to get myself and my bestie tickets. As it’s my favourite movie I am crazy excited to go even though I have to wait until next December.
  • I picked up my Dyson Hairdryer order and I am so impressed after my first few uses of it. I’m going to carry on using it for 1-2 months and then do a post to see if it’s worth the cost.
herbivore body scrub

Five Things Which Sucked

• I felt really ill on Tuesday night so I ended up going straight to bed when I got in rather than doing some of the bits I had wanted to do.
  • I had a lot of paperwork to go through from the solicitor and I’m not 100% sure I filled in everything correctly and I’m a bit worried about it.
  • Yet again I’ve not been very good with my diet and I’m struggling a bit before Christmas when I’m so busy doing cooking to stay healthy.
  • I made the fatal mistake of going into town to the bank at lunchtime where I had to queue up for the desk. Never again am I doing that on a Saturday as I wasted some of my day.
  • I found a shirt I love but I’ve bought and returned two sizes already as it’s too oversized. I’m really hoping the final one I’ve ordered is okay.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Go over the savings plan I have with Luke so we’re both on the same page when it comes to hopeful savings when we live with my parents.
  • Get all the presents taken down to my Nan’s so they’re ready for Christmas Eve.
  • Go to another group to be weighed as I’m busy on my normal Tuesday evening.
  • Tidy the flat up on Monday morning before I have my property valuation from the buyer’s lender.
  • Starting clearing out areas of the flat and be brutal with what I decide to keep and what I decide to get rid of.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 144

1. Fatima
    December 10, 2018 / 12:51 pm

I really enjoy reading your series! It’s lovely to know you were able to spend time with your Nan and you managed to finish decorating the Christmas tree!

2. Cathy Stucker
    December 10, 2018 / 1:02 pm

I am enjoying reading this article. What a nice way to put content around what is happening in life. It needs a lot of courage and innovation to share all these information with the world. Best of luck with the things coming in future.

3. December 10, 2018 / 3:29 pm

I watched A Star Is Born too and I was glued to the screen for the whole of the movie. I absolutely loved it but like you said it was so emotional x

4. December 10, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I love this list. Seems like a therapeutic way to get through your week. I’m sorry you felt I’ll, but Hopefully you are feeling better!

5. December 10, 2018 / 8:16 pm

Loving your list of five things, going to have to look into this list more. It’s always nice to focus on more than one thing so you can see the good in life too.

6. December 10, 2018 / 8:49 pm

You manage to cram so much in to one week! I saw a star is born the other day too and loved it.

7. December 11, 2018 / 12:41 am

Omg Live Nightmare Before Christmas sounds so amazing this time of the year! I am so happy more people enjoy this holiday season

8. December 11, 2018 / 10:37 am

Sorry to hear you’ve been ill and all the paperwork really sucks – but think about the result!

9. December 11, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Love this post and finding out more about you! Glad to hear things are moving forward with your flat and I hate paperwork too and always worry I have done something wrong or missed something but its usually fine.
    This week I have been frantically trying to get more stuff done for Christmas as I feel so unorganised this year!

10. December 11, 2018 / 4:57 pm

A star is born movie with your mum sounds like a perfect evening out. May have to try that film xx

11. December 11, 2018 / 6:26 pm

Ahh we put our Christmas tree up on Sunday! It’s soooo exciting isn’t it! x

12. Laura Dove
    December 11, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Oh I hate ordering something and it’s too big or too small. I have done this so many times on line! Good week in many ways!

13. December 12, 2018 / 7:28 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a busy week, well done on the sale – that’s amazing news!

14. Rosey
    December 13, 2018 / 11:40 am

Moving is such a hassle, but depending on where you’re moving, it can be worth it. 🙂 Sounds like you are very busy right now, I can relate!

15. December 13, 2018 / 12:15 pm

Oh wow looks like you have had a busy week with good and not so good things – I still need to get a Christmas tree and I agree never go to the bank on a Saturday at this time of the year – just so busy

Laura x

16. December 14, 2018 / 4:21 pm

The live Nightmare before Christmas show sounds like such a blast. I know I would love it. And I still need to go out and see the new A Star Is Born. Lady Gaga is so very talented and I like Bradley Cooper generally.