Five Things I Did Last Week
- On the Monday before Christmas (17th) I did a Christmas wreath making class at work and it was so much fun to create something myself. Plus I’m really happy with how it came out.
- On the Tuesday before Christmas (18th) I went back to the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square and saw the sing-a-long Nightmare before Christmas which was so much fun as usual. I fall in love with the movie every single time I see it.
- On Friday 21st December I met up with my bestie for an evening together before Christmas. We watched the latest Kingsmen movie as she hadn’t seen it, ordered Italian food and just caught up which was so nice.
- From Christmas Eve until Boxing Day we spent the time split between various different family members from my nan’s house to Luke’s parents and my parent’s so it was a real mixture of family time.
- On New Years Eve we had some friends over to the flat for an evening of food, drinks and gaming and it was really nice. I’m not a huge fan of going out for New Year so it was nice to stay in.
Five Things Which Were Great
- I am so glad that we didn’t book anything in our calendar specifically to do on the weekend before Christmas as it meant I could relax and spend some time chilling out before the festivities started.
- We got our Cineworld unlimited passes sorted so I popped to see Mary Poppins then me and Luke went to see Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse just before Christmas and it was so nice to just be able to go as and when we went. Spider Verse was such a great movie too.
- We found out Avenue Q is showing in London again next February so we managed to nab ourselves tickets to go and see it in February.
- I was pretty restrained when it came to the Boxing Day sales and didn’t spend too much money which I was really happy about.
- I prepped my final 2018 savings totals and it was a little more than I was expecting. I’ve prepped mine and Luke’s 2019 savings plan for house stuff so fingers crossed I’ll manage that.
Five Things Which Sucked
- The last few days of work before Christmas were pretty manic and it did leave my head buzzing a bit after work. Our actual Christmas wasn’t much calmer and I found moving around between families quite overwhelming.
- It was really quiet at work on the days between Christmas and New Year so I’m going to plan next year better and try an be off for some of the time around the big day so I can have a bit more time to relax and enjoy the festivities.
- As I had eaten a lot of crap over the past few weeks I didn’t do well at Slimming World just before Christmas, although for the weigh in just after Christmas I only put on half a pound which I was pretty happy about.
- I definitely got taxed more than I should have in my December pay due to all the overtime I had done. Although fingers crossed I should get some back at the end of the tax year.
- I’ve had a few issues with Royal Mail items I posted out before Christmas where they’ve not even left the post office to be posted but I can’t claim for them yet and refund the buyer which is so bad.
Five Things To Do This Week
- Plan if I’m going to do anything with my friends for my birthday and if so what.
- Start clearing out bits of the flat and packing up some items into boxes.
- Try and move one of our chest of drawers to my parents house to free up a bit of space in the flat.
- Be mindful of what I eat and make as many good decisions as I can.
- Email out a load of contacts from last year to try and start 2019 off well in terms of blogging collaborations.
What have you been up to this week?