Five Things – Week 147

Five Things – Week 147

Five Things I Did Last Week

• Tuesday was New Years Day so we had quite a relaxing day which included taking down the Christmas decorations and watching another 2-3 episodes of You on Netflix.
  • On Wednesday it was back to normality with work properly starting and going back to Slimming World. It felt like a very long day and it did make me feel very tired but I’m glad to get back into a routine.
  • On Saturday evening I went for farewell drinks as one of my friends is leaving to spend six months teaching in Vietnam. It was a lovely evening but I’m going to miss her.
  • Sunday morning started with a trip to the Excel Centre to the Avengers Station which I booked up for Luke as a Christmas present.
  • In the afternoon we headed to Covent Garden so I could spend some of my Christmas money and we could grab brunch at a new spot I’ve wanted to try called Grind. We both opted for burgers and it was such a nice bruch.

Five Things Which Were Great

• We measured the space for furniture in what will be our new bedroom at my parents and I think we’re going to be able to fit in more furniture and things that we had originally thought of.
  • I did a mini book haul in Waterstones for the first time in a long time and I managed to pick up a few titles I’ve been after for ages with some vouchers I had from Christmas.
  • I finished the whole series of You on Netflix and I absolutely loved it. I read that some people felt it wasn’t as good near the end but I was gripped with every single episode.
  • I’ve been much better with my own self-care over this week giving myself more time away from my laptop, reading more and generally taking better care of my skin and body.
  • I’ve had a successful week of de-cluttering with one of my tallboy units in the bedroom completely empty. It just goes to show how easy it is to re-organise and de-clutter to make space.

Me on a harley bike at avengers station

Five Four Things Which Sucked

• I spoke to my solicitors and the housing association have still not sent through the paperwork they should have sent before Christmas so I’m waiting for the next stage of our move.
  • I tried getting last minute tickets for Bat out of Hell which ended on Saturday but the flash tickets went in seconds and the rest of the tickets were so expensive. I’m gutted that it’s ended before I could see it.
  • I felt so tired and my eyes hurt so much on Wednesday after work that I went to bed and fell asleep by 9.30 which is so unlike me, although my body clearly needed it.
  • As I expected I put on a little bit of weight last week due to New Year and I just need to get my head back into the game and motivated.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Put my sofa bed up for sale online to give myself as much time as possible to sell it.
  • Chase the housing association and my solicitors if the paperwork hasn’t yet gone out to my buyer.
  • Start clearing out and organising all of my beauty and skincare products so I know exactly what I have and just pass on anything I don’t think I’ll use.
  • Finish reading a book. I’m trying to read 20 books this year and I want to start the year of as I mean to carry on.
  • Try to be better with preparing my work lunches and snacks so I’m eating better things.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 147

1. January 7, 2019 / 2:00 pm

Sounds like you had an action packed week! I binge watched ‘You’ on Netflix over the festive period and thought it was great!

2. January 7, 2019 / 6:07 pm

Ahhh I’ve been desperate to watch You. I’m laid up in bed as I’ve had an operation, so I really must put it on. Desperate to watch Birdbox too.
    Id have liked to have seen Bat Out Of Hell too. My dad went and said that it was one of the best nights ever. Let’s hope it returns with a tour.

3. January 8, 2019 / 2:35 am

I liked hearing about your week in review. This is a fun idea to recap the week, and both the ups and downs. Sounds like you have had a good start to the year though 🙂

4. January 8, 2019 / 3:01 am

Wow! Your holidays were packed with stuff! I’m amazed how much things and events you got done with! I could barely haul myself out of bed the day after christmas!

5. Marjie Mare
    January 8, 2019 / 4:13 am

Great plan for the week and I enjoyed reading about all your 5 great things. That’s the second time today I hear about You, I will check it this weekend.

6. January 8, 2019 / 4:48 pm

Moving house is so frustrating, especially when the solicitors move at a snails pace. Hope you get sorted soon

7. January 8, 2019 / 8:29 pm

I love the idea of “5 things”: so interesting to read, and not overwhelming! Brilliant!

8. January 9, 2019 / 12:38 am

I loved You on Netflix. I watched the whole thing in 2 days lol.

Louise x

9. January 9, 2019 / 1:24 am

What an awesome prompt and challenge. I would have to write everything down or I wouldn’t remember what I did!

10. January 9, 2019 / 1:33 am

Sounds like you did a lot of great stuff. Whenever I see your posts, I’m always shocked and amazed by how much you seem able to fit in! Well done!

11. Rosie Roman
    January 9, 2019 / 10:21 am

I also watched the whole series of You! I thought it was great and can’t wait for series 2 in September 🙂 Although I was rather disappointed to learn that it’s a book as well because I prefer to read the book before watching the televised version.

Rosie

12. January 9, 2019 / 11:41 am

I’ve been de-cluttering too and selling stuff online- going well so far and it feels great!

13. January 9, 2019 / 6:07 pm

You is on my to watch list on Netflix. Heard great things about it.

14. January 11, 2019 / 12:23 pm

The food at Grind looks so good, definitely going to try it soon. I’ve also been watching You and absolutely loved it x