Exploring Italy And Places I’d Like To Visit

Exploring Italy And Places I’d Like To Visit

Until October last year I had only been to Italy once and that was a few days in Rome back in 2010. I was very lucky last year and managed to head to Ischia and explore the island for four days in October which was absolutely beautiful, and then a month later I was back to cover both Venice and Rome (again). I have to admit that I absolutely love Italy both the history and architecture but also the food because pizza and pasta are my absolute favs. There’s quite a few places that I want to visit and I know quite a lot of them are connected via train so I know I could fit a few within a single trip. Here’s some of the places I’m planning to visit in the next few years.

Naples

Last year I was in Naples twice as it’s where I boarded the boat to Ischia and we spent a few hours there before going to Pompeii and I’m keen to head back to the city and find out more about what it has to offer. Naples was where the very first pizza was created and from trying one I know I’d want to go on a mini food tour, plus you can do quite a lot of day trips to the islands surrounding the Bay of Naples which I know I’d love to do.

Capri

Following on from my choice above Capri is one of the islands I’d love to head to from Naples. Knowing that it’s smaller than Ischia I know I could see most things in a few day so it would make a great pit stop at the beginning/ end of a trip to Naples and give me another view of the country. Ischia was full of fresh seafood and I’d guess that being an island Capri would be too which makes a great chance from carb-heavy pizza and pasta.

Florence

About 18 month’s ago my best friend went to Florence on a solo trip to explore all of the art galleries and museums and generally get lost in creativity and her photos were absolutely stunning. I’d be keen to head there with her so she can show me around the best of the best galleries and some of the things which she loved when she was there.

grand canal venice

Venice (again)

Me and my boyfriend fell in love with Venice when we visited last year and I’d be keen to go back around Spring time when the weather is nicer than it was in November when we went but before it gets too hot (and too busy). I love the idea that the whole city doesn’t have any cars in it and it makes it feel so nice to just walk and explore the areas.

Pisa

There’s pretty much just the leaning tower in Pisa but it’s something which I feel I want and need to see so this would make a great stop point on a train journey where I’d happily just spend a few hours seeing the tower, taking every photo humanly possible and eating some yummy food overlooking the monument.

Verona

I first watched Letters to Juliet quite a number of years ago and it was set in Verona based on the story of Romeo and Juliet. Verona is where Juliet’s balcony is said to be and you can visit the site and hear plenty of stories about the young lovers, plus there’s a wall where people leave love notes and people try their best to actually respond to them just like the movie shows. I love little things like this and I’d be keen to explore all the Shakespeare connections in the city.

Amalfi

We’ve probably all seen the beautiful photos of the Amalfi Coast and to be honest that’s the main draw for me and as somewhere to properly relax as it’s on the coastline and boasts some amazing looking hotels and apartments to stay in. This would definitely be more of a relax than an exploring trip.

Exploring Italy And Places I'd Like To Visit

1. Bethany
    February 2, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Half of those places I’ve never heard of, but they sound so amazing and idyllic, definitly made me want to visit these places atleast once in my life.

2. February 2, 2018 / 6:39 pm

I have only been to Italy once, on an overnight trip to Milan but the country has always been on my list of places to go to. Rome, Naples, Venice and Tuscany are on my lost.

3. February 2, 2018 / 10:13 pm

I’ve wanted to go to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast for a long time. So many beautiful places to visit in Italy. Lake Maggiore is one of my favourite areas, you should visit.

4. February 3, 2018 / 3:05 pm

I would love to visit these places in Italy. My mum went to Naples a few years ago and enjoyed herself so I’ve always wanted to go myself. I’ve also always wanted to see the leaning tower of Pisa too!

5. February 3, 2018 / 3:10 pm

I am taking my parents to Pisa this month and will throw in Florence and Siena if we can spare more time. I love Italy and glad to be heading back for the third time

6. February 3, 2018 / 7:48 pm

Ohh I would love to visit all these places too! We went to Italy for the first time last year and stayed in the beautiful Umbrian countryside, we did visit Florence and Rome too but only did day trips, I would love to go back and explore all the galleries. So jealous you e been to Venice and I totally agree that Italian food is the best xx

7. February 3, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I have heard so much about these places and I really would love to visit especially when I read about them in posts such as yours.I have been to Venice but would like to explore more of Italy one day.

8. February 3, 2018 / 10:24 pm

I love Italy too. I’ve been to all the major cities but I’d love to explore some smaller places too.

9. February 4, 2018 / 9:55 am

I’ve always wanted to visit Italy. It looks like such a magical place. I think Venice, Rome and Capri would be at the top of my list of places to visit when I finally get there!!

Louise x

10. February 4, 2018 / 2:46 pm

Amalfi is totally gorgeous – the drive around the coast is fantastic. I really want to go to Venice. Still haven’t been but i did enjoy your photos.

11. February 4, 2018 / 4:10 pm

Anywhere in Italy is lovely and the food is the best in the world in my opinion but then I do love pasta.

There is quite a few places I still have not visited in Italy myself and Florence is most certainly one place that I eventually hope to visit.

12. Jen
    February 4, 2018 / 4:34 pm

My cousin has a house in Italy, which I cannot for the life of me remember in which region, but it looks beautiful. My sister loves Italy too. Always has fabulous stories to tell of her times there.

13. February 5, 2018 / 12:33 am

Ohh I love Italy and have been a few times now but still so many places I want to go – I also really want to explore and eat pizza in Naples! I’d also like to spend some time in Florence – hopefully this summer

Laura x

14. February 5, 2018 / 9:52 am

Eating pizza in Naples is on my bucket list, for sure! I’ve only ever been to Sicily (which is the most amazing place I think I’ve ever been) so I’d just love to explore a bit more of Italy.

Katie xoxo

15. February 5, 2018 / 12:19 pm

I’ve been to Florence and Venice, but would love to visit Pisa and Verona. But my 7 yr old saw a postcard of Venice, and really wants to visit ‘the city where they have rivers as streets’, lol, so maybe we need to go there again next.

16. February 5, 2018 / 12:58 pm

I really want to go to Amalfi, but it is so expensive. going to jump on the saving train and hopefully next year.

17. February 6, 2018 / 10:52 am

I’d love to visit so many places in Italy, I have been planning my perfect trip there for years x

18. February 6, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Naples is a beautiful city. I went on a walking tour and it was a great way to explore the place. you must go and explore the tunnels, they are so interesting

19. February 12, 2018 / 7:56 am

I’ve visited a lot of places in Italy but still not made it to Capri. I can recommend lake como and I really liked brixen-bressone in the north.

20. February 12, 2018 / 11:00 am

I have never been to Italy it’s on my list. My friend went to Capri in July and she still raves about it and I must say the pictures she took are beyond stunning x