OOTD – Birthday Outfit With Sequins And An Oversize Shirt

OOTD – Birthday Outfit With Sequins And An Oversize Shirt

You know how sometimes you just find an outfit which individually isn’t anything special but you absolutely fall head over heels for it?! Well, this outfit does exactly that for me. At the beginning of January, I placed an order with Simply Be, mainly because there was a stunning black sequin dress that I wanted but alas despite ordering 2 different sizes it just wasn’t for me. But while I was there I did choose a few more items because who can ever place an online order and only buy what they initially went on for?! I know I can’t.

I went through the sale section and saw this oversized khaki embroidered shirt, now usually for me shirts don’t do up around the bust area so I had planned to wear this more as a light jacket as I loved the length. Khaki isn’t a colour I usually wear so I thought I’d throw myself out of my comfort zone but it’s not too bright or garish, plus it goes with black which is what most of the clothing I own is. I was pleasantly surprised when the shirt arrived to see that it fit and I could actually do up all the buttons without feeling like I was going to flash someone *hoorah*

jacket and shirt

Next up I spotted these star and moon sequin jeans and fell in love. I have to admit I wasn’t sure if they looked a bit tacky on the website but I thought what the heck, I knew I’d be returning at least one item anyway so if they were rubbish I could always send them back. From the moment I opened them from the packaging though I knew I couldn’t part with them. They’re actually the first pair of slim jeans I’ve ever owned as I’ve always just stuck to skinny jeans but I found them really flattering and it’s always nice to be able to put the bottom of your jeans over your boots as opposed to skinny’s only allowing them to go inside.

The jeans are pretty much a spot on fit for me and I don’t think there’s anything I’d change about them and the sequin detailing I am obsessed with. I love stars and moon/ sun symbols anyway but the sequins are well secured so I’m not worried about them coming off when I’m wearing them/ in the wash and they just jazz up a simple outfit.

Oversized Khaki Shirt – Simply Be – Was £39 – Now £22.50 – Link Here
Denim Sequin Jeans – Simply Be – Was £35 -Now £29.50 – Link Here
Black Ankle Boots – New Look – £22.99 – Link Here
*Similar* Embroidered Jacket – Forever 21 – £43 – Link Here

How do you jazz up a simple outfit?

1. February 14, 2018 / 3:56 pm

Love the Embroidered Jacket I think the rose gives it a real feminine touch with a touch of class.

2. February 14, 2018 / 9:17 pm

I am loving your birthday outfit! The trousers are fab love the detailing and that jacket with the rose could go with so many different things!

3. February 14, 2018 / 11:00 pm

Oh this is gorgeous! I love that jacket, embroidery is always so pretty and against the leather it’s such a great contrast!

4. February 15, 2018 / 9:59 am

I love when that happens- something you don’t expect to love becomes an absolute favourite! You look great!

5. February 15, 2018 / 6:03 pm

Khaki is really your colour – Makes your skin tone sing! Fabulous jeans too with the star design.

6. Sam Jeffery
    February 15, 2018 / 6:13 pm

I am so in love with your jacket! This outfit suits you so much, lovely!

7. Jen
    February 15, 2018 / 6:56 pm

I adore your jeans, they are fab. I love jeans with a bit more to them, so would definitely go for these myself. Your whole outfit is lovely, very you. And you’ll get much more wear from them then the black sequin dress, no matter how fab it may have looked on the picture.

8. Nicolette Lafonseca
    February 15, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Khaki looks great before I read the post I saw the shirt and thought that goes really well with her colouring I am sure I would look like a goon. It is funny isn’t our our perception of self and others view of us can be so different. Anyway rocking the look

9. February 15, 2018 / 9:02 pm

I’m loving this outfit Rhian! The kahki colour really suits your skin tone and hair colour, and that lipstick is amazing on you! You look amazing x

10. Helen
    February 15, 2018 / 9:43 pm

I love your Birthday outfit, you look amazing! The embroidered jacket is my favourite, the rose is so pretty. I haven’t tried any slim fit jeans, it can be annoying though always having to tuck my skinny jeans in my boots so I’ll have to try them out for myself.

11. February 16, 2018 / 12:29 pm

You look stunning, I love those jeans. Its great the sequins are securely on, I always worry about washing things with sequins on x

12. Chrissy Faery
    February 16, 2018 / 4:59 pm

Ohh! I love your outfit, especially the jeans – you look fab! <3 I wish khaki suited me that well, but sadly I don't have the skin tone for it! xx

13. February 17, 2018 / 9:32 am

I love the embroidery on your jacket! I’m very much an oversized shirt girl – in fact, its pretty much all I wear through the work week!
    C x

14. Nikki
    February 17, 2018 / 11:07 am

I love your outfit, its great when an outfit just comes together! I hope you had a lovely birthday 🙂

15. February 18, 2018 / 1:45 pm

I love what you are wearing and that you are at the British Museum, thats one of my favourite places in the world! x

16. February 26, 2018 / 2:09 pm

This is such a great casual outfit and you’ve styled it so well. I love the embroidered jacket! It works so well with your make up and colouring.

17. February 26, 2018 / 7:30 pm

I’m not an accessories lady so I wear dresses or skirts that make a statement and speak for themselves.

18. February 26, 2018 / 7:44 pm

What a lovely outfit, you have styled it so well together. The patterns on the trousers and jacket are fab x

19. February 27, 2018 / 2:17 am

Hope you had a lovely birthday, love your makeup here. Your embroidered jacket is lovely as well.

20. February 27, 2018 / 5:43 am

Embroidered pieces are ones that I am missing in my current wardrobe and need to get some ASAP. Love your outfit

21. February 27, 2018 / 12:36 pm

I love that shirt! I get the gaping problem too-and I can recommend double sided sticky tape to stop that happening.