Five Things – Week 127

Five Things – Week 127

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Tuesday I had a day off work after coming back from my trip to Romania and it was so nice to be able to spend some time sorting out the flat, doing some work and getting back on track with everything.
  • On Wednesday me and Luke had a date night where we went to Chiquitos and then went to see Ant Man and The Wasp which was a pretty good Marvel movie.
  • On Thursday I had an evening in where I packed for my weekend away and just chilled and caught up with everything including finishing Orange is the New Black.
  • Friday morning saw me head to York with Visit York for three days exploring the city with Luke joining me late on Friday afternoon. I had such a good few days and I absolutely love the city itself.
  • On Saturday evening I had my first experience of an Everyman Cinema as me and Luke went to see The Meg. The cinema itself was so comfortable and the experience was great, plus the movie was actually really good.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I have decided to start a slight Instagram theme and use the same filter across all my photos. I wanted something to draw together all my content and I’m hoping in time this will do just that.
  • Me and Luke have planned a cleaning/ clear out weekend for next month where we’re going to spend 2 whole days clearing out rubbish we don’t need and cleaning.
  • I’ve done a few practice drives in Luke’s car as we’re trying to work out if the whole process of me using his car is feasible for the future. I love driving an automatic but I’m still getting used to the size of his car.
  • I managed to loosely stick to my budget plan for the weekend when we were away, although I did spend a bit more on food than I’d have liked. I think going forward me and Luke need to start eating out less, or at least only having mains when we do.
  • Me and my mum signed up for Leisure Cards for our gym again as we want to go back to aqua aerobics again. I’m hoping to get our first class booked in within the next week.

york art gallery

Five Things Which Sucked

• My shellac nail broken just a few days after getting them done again as the nail underneath was broken. I am gutted as they usually last so well but I know it’s only one nail.
  • I bought tickets for me and Luke to see Ink later this year which is Dougie from McFly’s new band but the show has been cancelled and I am pretty gutted as I’d have loved to see them.
  • I put on some weight at Slimming World this week which I am pretty gutted about as although I didn’t eat the best when I was in Romania I thought I wasn’t too bad and did quite a bit of walking, but sadly it wasn’t quite enough.
  • I didn’t do a proper food shop this week which means there wasn’t as much indoors to eat which made meal planning a bit more tricky.
  • I have no new blogging or freelance work lined up which worries me slightly as I have nothing on the horizons but hopefully this will change soon.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Complete all my content from my trip to York ready for my blog and Instagram.
  • Buy tickets for Victorious Festival at the end of August for me and Luke.
  • Lose some weight at Slimming World.
  • Start optimising some of my posts for SEO purpose. I’m really bad and don’t tend to optimise for keywords very often so in a bid to push the search-ability of my content it’s something I want to work on.
  • Try to stick to my budgets for the week as I want to spend less frivolously.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 127

1. Monidipa Dutta
    August 13, 2018 / 3:08 pm

How do you manage to keep everything noted so amazingly? Crisp clear writing you have. I liked reading it. I have a query do u maintain a daily journal?

2. Elizabeth O
    August 13, 2018 / 9:04 pm

It sounds like you had a good week. Don’t worry about gaining a little weight, our bodies don’t work on a weekly schedule and life is about balance. You got this!

3. Dogvills
    August 13, 2018 / 10:19 pm

I like the way you document events in your life in a daily basis! Writing for me is therapeutic, but it always seems that I need to look for a blog post worthy event. But reading your blog made me think otherwise. There is so much going on in life that is worthy of documenting! Thanks for the motivation and I am so sorry about your nail. That was a bummer!

4. Geraline Batarra
    August 14, 2018 / 4:21 am

Nice post and that sounds that you have a lot of things you did and you will do from your past week and to your current week and it looks like you will be having another a busy week again.

5. August 14, 2018 / 11:57 am

RHIAN! Gah, haven’t checked in with you in a while. Your week sounds like mine. I need to sit down and crank out a quick list of the good versus the bad versus the to do. So cathartic. Can’t wait to hear all about Romania!

6. August 14, 2018 / 4:01 pm

Nice idea of having a cohesive filter as a theme for Instagram posts. I need to develop my Instagram account as well. I am just too lazy. Good for you to start it.

7. Elle
    August 15, 2018 / 5:02 am

I really enjoyed reading yor round up post about your week. It sounds like you had a lot going on. I’m so sorry to hear about the not so good things this past week, but I’m rooting for this week to surprise you.

8. August 15, 2018 / 11:14 am

You’re really a very organized person. Do not worry about put on some weight, you’ll quickly get rid of it. Enjoy this week!

9. Tonya Tardiff
    August 15, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Sounds like you had a great week! I just started doing consistent filters on my Instagram and it just makes your feed look so much better!

10. August 15, 2018 / 7:07 pm

You seem meticulous, organised and so much well planned from your writing. Exactly the opposite is what I am 😛

11. August 15, 2018 / 7:50 pm

I love going to the movies. I am definitely curious to hear about your experience at the Cinema and what made it great for you. And that’s great you were able to have a date night. Those are so very important.

12. August 16, 2018 / 12:30 pm

You’ve been up to a lot! Unfortunately I haven’t done much this week besides studying and a shopping day with my aunt; but tomorrow I’m going to Bologna with my mom and I’m definitely excited for that!
    I’ love how you keep track of everything.

13. August 16, 2018 / 2:40 pm

You are really a organised person who ends up everytime with to do list. You always motivate me to make a to do list and have a check on it.

14. August 21, 2018 / 4:57 am

really enjoyed reading your post. You are really an organised person which I can be organised and document my activities like this. I hope you accomplish your new week task and then losing a few weight..