Five Things I Did Last Week
- On Monday I had a self-indulgent evening in where I did some work prep and then relaxed on the sofa with some (naughty) comfort food and watched a mindless movie which was really nice.
- On Wednesday I headed to my nan’s after slimming world to have a catch up with her and my auntie.
- On Thursday evening I headed into London to an event with Megabus and despite feeling a bit anxious beforehand as I didn’t really know many people I had such a fun night. Keep your eyes peeled for a post coming soon.
- I had a few interviews and calls with companies and recruiters this week and in my mind they went well but the proof will be later this week when I find out more.
- On Friday morning me and Luke headed to Luxembourg where we had a really relaxed and chilled weekend away seeing a bit of the city and just having a well-deserved chill-out.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I made an order of IGK haircare products from Space NK just as they launched. I was going to wait until I went to New York as the prices are a bit cheaper but thanks to a good discount code I managed to get them for pretty much the same price and I can try them out before I go.
- I’ve finally got my full outfit sorted for Valentines Day including a brand new pair of heels as I realised I pretty much don’t own any wearable heels. When I say wearable I mean low and chunky enough for to be comfortable in.
- As I had some time off before going to the event on Thursday I managed to have a bit of a catch up on work and get to a point where I didn’t have anything outstanding meaning I’ve come back from my trip without a lot hanging over me.
- I booked tickets for me and Luke to head to a tribute night in Camden including Green Day, Fall out Boy and Busted tribute bands and I am so excited for the night.
- This technically happened the week before but I forgot to mention it, I managed to bag tickets to see Eminem and while they were pretty pricey I am so excited about the show.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- I put on two pounds at Slimming World this week. To be honest I wasn’t surprised at all as I hadn’t eaten the best but it was a shame after losing most weeks since Christmas.
- After one of my telephone interviews, I did feel a bit disheartened that perhaps I’m just not good enough to be going for the jobs I am. I know it’s just my insecurities screaming out to me but it’s something I need to make myself feel happier about.
- I bought a really nice pair of trousers for work but they didn’t fit and it made me really sad as I am trying to mix up my work wardrobe but everything new I buy just doesn’t suit or fit me.
- I tried making an order from Ulta Beauty but they wouldn’t accept it through and my mailbox delivery service is currently not working to buy it for me. #firstworldproblems
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Prep and schedule my content from my recent trip to Luxembourg
- Head to Ikea to pick up my Alex drawers which are going to be for my brand new and improved makeup storage. I am so excited to have a proper area and get everything out of my ensuite bathroom.
- Book facials for when we are in New York. There’s a salon which do a beard facial and I want to treat Luke for his birthday when we’re there, and of course, I am going to get one too.
- Prep a bit more of our New York plans so I can book a tour I want to do
- Have a wander around New Look when I go to Milton Keynes on Sunday and see if I can find some goodies to spend my gift cards on.
What have you been up to this week?