Five Things – Week 102

Five Things – Week 102

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Monday I had a self-indulgent evening in where I did some work prep and then relaxed on the sofa with some (naughty) comfort food and watched a mindless movie which was really nice.
  • On Wednesday I headed to my nan’s after slimming world to have a catch up with her and my auntie.
  • On Thursday evening I headed into London to an event with Megabus and despite feeling a bit anxious beforehand as I didn’t really know many people I had such a fun night. Keep your eyes peeled for a post coming soon.
  • I had a few interviews and calls with companies and recruiters this week and in my mind they went well but the proof will be later this week when I find out more.
  • On Friday morning me and Luke headed to Luxembourg where we had a really relaxed and chilled weekend away seeing a bit of the city and just having a well-deserved chill-out.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I made an order of IGK haircare products from Space NK just as they launched. I was going to wait until I went to New York as the prices are a bit cheaper but thanks to a good discount code I managed to get them for pretty much the same price and I can try them out before I go.
  • I’ve finally got my full outfit sorted for Valentines Day including a brand new pair of heels as I realised I pretty much don’t own any wearable heels. When I say wearable I mean low and chunky enough for to be comfortable in.
  • As I had some time off before going to the event on Thursday I managed to have a bit of a catch up on work and get to a point where I didn’t have anything outstanding meaning I’ve come back from my trip without a lot hanging over me.
  • I booked tickets for me and Luke to head to a tribute night in Camden including Green Day, Fall out Boy and Busted tribute bands and I am so excited for the night.
  • This technically happened the week before but I forgot to mention it, I managed to bag tickets to see Eminem and while they were pretty pricey I am so excited about the show.

Luxembourg

Five Four Things Which Sucked

• I put on two pounds at Slimming World this week. To be honest I wasn’t surprised at all as I hadn’t eaten the best but it was a shame after losing most weeks since Christmas.
  • After one of my telephone interviews, I did feel a bit disheartened that perhaps I’m just not good enough to be going for the jobs I am. I know it’s just my insecurities screaming out to me but it’s something I need to make myself feel happier about.
  • I bought a really nice pair of trousers for work but they didn’t fit and it made me really sad as I am trying to mix up my work wardrobe but everything new I buy just doesn’t suit or fit me.
  • I tried making an order from Ulta Beauty but they wouldn’t accept it through and my mailbox delivery service is currently not working to buy it for me. #firstworldproblems

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Prep and schedule my content from my recent trip to Luxembourg
  • Head to Ikea to pick up my Alex drawers which are going to be for my brand new and improved makeup storage. I am so excited to have a proper area and get everything out of my ensuite bathroom.
  • Book facials for when we are in New York. There’s a salon which do a beard facial and I want to treat Luke for his birthday when we’re there, and of course, I am going to get one too.
  • Prep a bit more of our New York plans so I can book a tour I want to do
  • Have a wander around New Look when I go to Milton Keynes on Sunday and see if I can find some goodies to spend my gift cards on.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 102

1. February 12, 2018 / 6:13 pm

What some awesome things you have had going on. YAY for booking Eminem tickets and a beard facial?! I wonder if I could tempt Ash into one at some point though do they do such things over here hmm.

2. February 12, 2018 / 7:50 pm

Looks like you did so much and have a lot more planned for the coming week. What caught my eye from your list was the tribute night tickets in Camden. You are going to have a great nite jamming to Green Day, Fall out Boy and Busted. Enjoy it.

3. February 12, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I so want to get back to IKEA soon, I love their little green mazipan style chocolate cakes!! You seem to fit so much in to your weeks, I wonder if I write mine down it will make me feel better. Those facials sound great!

4. February 12, 2018 / 10:01 pm

Green Day and Fall Out Boy are now the subjects of cover bands? I am rather saddened by this for some reason…
    Just make sure you put enough money aside to buy yourself a Yankees cap!

5. February 13, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Hope all those interviews went well and that you’ll have lots of good news next week!

6. Dannii
    February 13, 2018 / 12:15 pm

Sometimes you just need an evening to zone out, eat junk food and watch a crappy (but awesome) film.

7. February 13, 2018 / 5:36 pm

Sounds like you are a busy bee like me. The Megabus event in London sounded fun. Also I love an evening in on the sofa chilled with naughty treats x

8. February 13, 2018 / 8:07 pm

Can’t wait to read about your recent trip to Luxembourg and you are going to love New York! I am so excited for you to go there!

9. February 14, 2018 / 1:40 pm

Seems like you had a lovely week. I would love to go and see Eminem, so it’s great that you manage to get tickets!

10. February 14, 2018 / 4:24 pm

Wow so much in a short period. Sounded great though.

11. February 16, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Sounds like you had a pretty busy week! It’s great that you write this down. It’s so easy to forget what you do in a busy week and take stock.

12. February 16, 2018 / 10:03 pm

It sounds like you’ve had a very busy week! Don’t worry about gaining 2 pounds, it’s devastating though when you work so hard. It’s so annoying how easy it is to gain weight but how bloody hard it is to lose it! Have a great week next week 🙂

13. NAthan
    February 17, 2018 / 4:54 am

Its good that you have a schedule planned out and work accordingly. Congrats on getting a new pants for work. It takes time and effort scheduling stuff and good you plan ahead.

14. February 17, 2018 / 11:25 am

You have accomplished alot this week and you have set really great agenda’s for coming week too. I feel like being productive now.

15. February 17, 2018 / 12:56 pm

You really had a memorable week.. Cant even remember how my week was aside from the fact that i met up with an intending employee . the week was a little messed up and stressful for me.

16. February 18, 2018 / 10:30 am

Oh New York will be amazing and how lovely that your OH can join you and have a beard facial. I have put on weight this week after lots of exercise and its disheartening isn’t it. I am putting it down to hormonal changes :/

17. February 18, 2018 / 10:57 am

Seems you’ve had a very busy week! Weight gain is easy but when you have to lose it become painful! Have a great week!

18. Our Family World
    February 18, 2018 / 10:59 am

It is frustrating to find out you still gained weight after all the dieting and exercise. That always happens to me which is the reason why I no longer do dieting. Exercise for me is walking around the neighborhood. Wishing you a better week ahead.

19. Rye Santiago
    February 20, 2018 / 11:50 pm

You seem to be giving yourself a lot of pampering. You deserve it! Don’t worry too much about your weight. You’re doing just fine. 🙂