Brunch And Daytime Drinking At Piano Works

Brunch And Daytime Drinking At Piano Works

Last December I headed to Piano Works for the very first time for two of my friend’s birthdays and I absolutely loved the concept of the house band playing songs live as it gave a really awesome edge to the place and gave such a variety of musical choices. The things I wasn’t so keen on was the huge queue which took us about 45 mins to get in – despite being on the guest list – and how busy it was inside, which of course these are both testament to how popular the place is. When the option to head there for brunch was presented to me I couldn’t say no.

I decided to take along my friend Jo with me as I know she loved the place when we went last time and loves a good dance so we turned up at Piano Works ready for opening at 12pm when our brunch started. It was so strange to see the venue lined with tables ready for people to eat at but it was a nice change and certainly a popular option for hen parties and birthdays as there were a lot of larger tables set up. As we were just a two we were seated at the side a little way from the band which actually worked pretty well as I think on the floor right beside them it would have been pretty loud.

piano works jo and her meal

There’s plenty of brunch options to choose from and I opted for smoked salmon and scrambled egg and Jo went for smashed avocado. You can choose to order regular cocktails, beers and other alcoholic and non alcoholic options from the menu or you can choose for bottomless prosecco or Bloody Mary’s. We chose the prosecco option and of course wanted to take full advantage of this so I’m pretty sure we ended up going through about ten glasses etc *oops*, but the waitress was on it and always there to top up our glasses when ever they got even part way empty.

Thankfully food turned up quite near the start of our 2 hour brunch slot which meant we had full tummies and my smoked salmon and scrambled egg was so good. It tasted so fresh and the scrambled egg was the perfect creaminess to complete the fish and the toast. The 2 hours flew by full of us eating and drinking but thankfully our day wasn’t over as when we gave up our table we moved to the dance floor area surrounding the band to enjoy the music and dance off some of the prosecco we’d drunk. I love how the band twisted up and remixed classic tracks ranging from Dolly Parton’s ‘9 to 5’ to ‘Mr Brightside’ by The Killers, it was a real mixture and catered for everyone.

piano works prosecco

I have to say I don’t think I’d have liked to be on the later brunch serving at 2-4pm as the place was a bit more crowded, people would have been dancing around your table while you’re trying to eat and of course your drinks might not have been filled up quite as quickly.

Leaving at 4pm when it’s light but having a slightly heavy head isn’t something I’ll be doing on a regular basis but the Piano Works brunch combined everything I love about the venue and was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Thanks to Piano Works and Love Pop Ups London for organizing my afternoon.

Brunch And Daytime Drinking At Piano Works

1. March 1, 2018 / 2:35 pm

That sounds like the perfect brunch. I’d have gone for the scrambled egg too as it’s one of my favourite brunch dishes. And I agree, given the option I’d go for the earlier sitting too!

2. March 1, 2018 / 3:01 pm

I am glad that you and your friend enjoyed the experience . The scrambled egg sounded amazing I wish I could eat egg but I am unfortunately allergic to them.

Keep an eye out for future offerings on Love Pop Ups London.

3. March 1, 2018 / 4:23 pm

Ah looks awesome! Brunch is honestly my favourite meal of the day when i have it- i totally would have gone for the scrambled egg option aswell! looks great

4. March 1, 2018 / 6:11 pm

Sounds like a perfect brunch I do love salmon and scrambled eggs. Piano works sounds like an interesting venue I definitely wouldn’t mind checking the place out.

5. March 1, 2018 / 6:45 pm

Sounds like a perfect brunch! I love smoked salmon and egg, and this looks delicious. Endless bloody mary’s don’t sound too bad either

6. March 1, 2018 / 8:43 pm

You cannot beat a good brunch, the avocado, poached egg and sausage look devinne

7. March 1, 2018 / 9:17 pm

Now this sounds like a lovely place to go I mean, good friends, good music and good food? What more could a person want?

8. March 1, 2018 / 9:30 pm

I love smashed avocado, going out for brunch is one of those decadent treats that always makes you feel good x

9. March 1, 2018 / 10:14 pm

Brunch is my favourite meal of all time! I’m not fussy but I do want generous portions so one sausage may not do the trick for me..lol.

10. March 1, 2018 / 10:59 pm

Sounds like the perfect place to meet up with a friend and catch up on things over good food and some bottle of wine! I love how the place looks and the food sounds amazing!

11. March 1, 2018 / 11:13 pm

Sounds like a great concept! The food looks yummy too.

12. March 2, 2018 / 12:24 am

I love the sound of ‘brunch and dancing’ that sounds like such a fun way to spend time with your friend and glad you enjoyed your food. Do you know if they had any good vegetarian options?

• March 2, 2018 / 11:15 am

They had a full veggie breakfast, there was avocado on toast and I think another veggie option too x

13. March 2, 2018 / 9:40 am

I love a good brunch and your smoked salmon and eggs look absolutely delicious. Could not believe that the also do dancing with food. I remember dance tea party was a huge thing when I was growing up, it might be coming back into fashion now.

14. March 2, 2018 / 9:40 am

Bottomless prosecco? Wow I need to go here haha! The food sounds lovely, a big fan of scrambled egg here x

15. March 2, 2018 / 3:24 pm

What a lovely place for a catch up over a meal! Love the look of that salmon!

16. March 2, 2018 / 3:49 pm

This place looks great. Prosecco with brunch is always a good idea!

17. March 2, 2018 / 7:39 pm

Oh wow that sounds like such a fun place. Brunch, daytime drinking and music sounds like the perfect kind of day to me. It sounds like you both had such a giggle and the food looks delicious!

18. March 3, 2018 / 2:24 am

That looks like the perfect brunch. I love fresh salmon with eggs so much!

19. March 3, 2018 / 8:32 am

Smoked salmon and eggs sounds a perfect option. What a lovely place for food, drinks and bonding with friends and family.

20. Bethany
    March 3, 2018 / 9:13 am

Ooo so scrummy, that sounds amazing, and you’ve got my mouth watering as soon as I wake up lol, thankyou.

21. March 3, 2018 / 9:27 am

Sounds like a lovely place for a brunch. I bet your food was delicious!

22. March 3, 2018 / 7:47 pm

Music and food? Two of my favourite things in the world. Sounds like a perfect place.

23. March 4, 2018 / 1:59 pm

I have not done brunch with my friends in forever and this looks absolutely lovely. Loving the salmon for sure

24. March 4, 2018 / 9:36 pm

Sounds like a great thing to do! I have never done Brunch myself! Good choice with prosecco!

25. March 5, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Gosh I can’t believe you had to wait so long even with the guestlist! I definitely won’t be going for the later slot where there’s dancing around the table xD

26. March 6, 2018 / 10:21 am

I’ve never heard of this before! I love the sound of that delicious brunch… but I like the sound of those bubbles even more… 😉 x