Five Things – Week 103

Five Things – Week 103

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Tuesday evening I headed over to one of my friends and we had a pancake party. It was so much fun to have a laugh, scoff some pancakes and have a bit of a catch up.
  • Wednesday was Valentines Day and while I think the day is way over commercialized it doesn’t stop us from going out and I was taken to the Maze in Mayfair which is Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant and I seriously had one of the best meals I’ve ever had.
  • On Friday I headed to my other halves house where we had a nice dinner with his parents, watched some documentaries and had a bit of a clear out of his room.
  • On Saturday I started the day with an Ultimate Eye Exam at Leightons in Marlow which was so interesting to find out what state my eyes are in, this was followed by a trip to both B&Q and IKEA.
  • On Sunday I finally got to see Black Panther and it did not disappoint, the movie was really good and I urge people to go and see it.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I have pretty much finalized our plans for New York and I couldn’t be happier with it. I have gone a bit more in depth now with what metro’s we might need to catch and tweaked the order of things to make sure we can go everything we want to do.
  • I got my Alex drawers and had some ideas on how to customize them so we’re in the progress of buying paint and drawer handles for the project.
  • I had a chance to catch up with some cleaning and tidying in the flat after my brother collected his mattress I was storing so I am really happy with how the flat is starting to look.
  • I got to do a spot of shopping before my movie on Sunday and I got some lovely items including a dress that I can’t wait to where in New York.
  • I’ve now ordered our travel money card for New York alongside booking our 9/11 memorial tour. I just want the trip to come now as I am so excited.

leighton eye exams

Five Things Which Sucked

• I ate pretty liberally over the weekend and I am a bit worried that I have put on weight so I need to reign this back a little as I wasn’t able to get the latest last week as I missed Slimming World.
  • I’ve still not got round to finishing the latest season of Black Mirror which I have been meaning to finish for a while.
  • I didn’t manage any additional workouts other than my aqua aerobics class and I feel pretty rubbish about it. I am hoping once the weather starts to get nicer that I can walk more but until then I’m in a bad rut.
  • I really wanted a good pamper session including a face mask, bath and body masks but I just didn’t manage to squeeze in any time to do this.
  • Things at work have been pretty mental so even though I’ve been very busy I don’t feel I’ve achieved as much as I’d have liked to.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Buy my London Slam Dunk tickets so that I know we have them before they sell out
  • Lose any weight at Slimming World when I go and get weighed
  • Get up to date with all my Pinterest pinning and images and have a reflection to see how much traffic and readers it has brought to my blog
  • Start planning some more creative content for my blog
  • Prep and schedule my Mother’s Day gift guide for the end of the month
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 103

1. February 19, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I think all couples are entitled to eat a little more then usual during Valentine’s weeks. I’m going to see “Black Panther” this week myself,I’m looking forward it!!

2. February 19, 2018 / 5:59 pm

Sounds like it was a pretty good week. I think you’ll be forgiven for putting a few lbs on with valentine’s and pancake day tempting us in the same week but it’s good to be self-aware and keep on top of it.

3. February 19, 2018 / 7:33 pm

I have only heard good things about Black Panther, definitely a movie I need to go and see soon. I have only just started watching Black Mirror as well it’s had some good episodes so far and some I have zoned out through.

4. Hannah Denton
    February 19, 2018 / 8:22 pm

Oh I love these posts Rhian! You’ve had such a busy week. Pancake party sounds so fun…Then Maze in Mayfair. Wow! Lucky! Are you finding setting goals each week helps stay on track for the week after? How long you hoping to carry on for? I would like to do something similar!

• February 20, 2018 / 11:02 am

I’ve been doing this for over 100 weeks and I do find the small goals help as I have them there physically to see . If you do your version tag me on social as I’d love to read it! x

5. February 20, 2018 / 7:18 am

The pancake party sounds like lots of fun and cannot wait to see all your New York pics. I am making a conscious effort with pinterest now too

6. February 20, 2018 / 9:01 am

Oh goodness, that Nutella cake! Swoon! Yay for NYC plans too, so exciting! Don’t worry about one weekend of overeating; you’ll soon shift any weight gain.

7. February 20, 2018 / 10:01 am

I love pancake parties! I remember the last one I attended, where about 20 people showed up and brought all sorts of different fillings, both sweet and savory. It was such a fun night.

8. February 20, 2018 / 10:36 am

Ahh a little weight gain is a small price to pay for a good weekend, and that Nutella cake looks AMAZING!

9. February 20, 2018 / 7:55 pm

So jealous you are going to New York and the best bit is the planning 🙂 We actually missed pancake day and didn’t eat any at all *shock horror* I think it was because we were away for half term and it slipped our minds…opps x

10. February 20, 2018 / 11:53 pm

I really like these 5 things posts Rhian, I think it’s a great way for your followers to keep up with you and stay in the loop but also to hear what new and exciting things are happening!

11. February 21, 2018 / 1:01 pm

This was lovely to read, I really would like to do something similar myself but I think my life is probably too boring to even come up with enough content to write down. I wouldn’t worry about splurging on the food front too much, we all do it from time to time! Hope work calms down a bit for you soon.

12. Dannii
    February 21, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Oh I have seen so many people post photos of those Nutella doughnuts and they have me craving them every single time haha.

13. February 21, 2018 / 10:32 pm

Oh lucky you getting to visit Maze. We visited Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant, Bread Street which we thought was amazing so I would love to give another of his restaurant’s a try.

14. February 22, 2018 / 12:15 pm

Wow, pancake party? That sounds really awesome. I’d love to plan something like this with my friends too! Thanks for the sweet idea.

15. Jess
    February 23, 2018 / 11:44 am

Oh my gosh I can’t wait to see what you get up to in NY. You’re always off on amazing adventures! Take me with you in your suitcase please. Also, still haven’t seen Black Panther yet but I’m desperate to go because I think I’ll regret it if I don’t see it on the big screen.

16. February 24, 2018 / 8:49 am

Black Panther is a movie that I am very excited to see, however, my fear is it will not stand up to the hype!

17. February 27, 2018 / 5:20 pm

sounds like you had a busy week, we love pancake too and we are actually having them again for tea today. We had planned to go see Black Panther last week but had such a busy week we haven’t had time to sit down long enough so thats on my to-do list. My ex-husband flies off to NY tomorrow so I am trying not to be too jealous