Mystery Adventure Tour With Megabus

Mystery Adventure Tour With Megabus

I don’t go to a lot of blogging events partially because I’m such an introvert that I don’t put myself out there and so PR’s generally don’t know of my existence to invite me, but also because a lot of them end up being difficult for me to get to due to full time work. Thankfully when Megabus invited me to their Mystery Bus Tour event I was able to attend and I jumped at the chance.

The initial invitation wasn’t overly specific so I wasn’t sure what to expect but when I turned up at the Radisson Blu I was greeted by an incredibly friendly bunch of ladies which put me at ease instantly. I’m not the most confident person especially in group situation with people I’ve never met before so I was so thankful to not see the usual clichés that I have seen at events.

megabus mystery tour

Once everyone had arrived and settled with our canapés and wine we were told what to expect from the evening and there was a lot to take in. Within our groups of around six people (4 teams in total) we were going to have an Ipad with maps correlating to three areas in London where we’d be walking and there were questions we had to answer based on the area/ what was around. Then we also had cards with evidence/ objects we had to find, photos we had to take alongside meeting characters at each location who would help us unlock a code to deactivate a hypothetical bomb.

It was a lot to take in and of group didn’t seem the most confident to start off with but after sourcing our first bits of evidence on the way to our first stop at Westminster Abbey and a pretty good round answering the questions our confidence grew slightly. Not only was it interactive and interesting learning bits about London it was also so much fun being part of a little detective gang and I haven’t laughed as much as I did that night in a while.

megabus mystery tour

After stop number one we were taken to Trafalgar Square where we’d complete part two before walking up to Covent Garden for the final part, yes there was a lot more walking than we thought but it made me feel less guilty about all the sweets I’d consumed from our goodie bags on the bus *oops*. It didn’t seem long before we were making our way back to the bus to head back to our starting point to find out who had won, it’s crazy how quickly time goes when you have a limit and codes to crack.

Thankfully our teams pairing was a match made in heaven as we were crowned the evenings champions before departing feeling elated but knackered. Thanks to Megabus for the awesome event but also to Kariss, Rebecca, Laura, Tajinder and Natoya for making the evening so much fun!

Thanks so much to Search Laboratory and Matt Chappell for all the wonderful photos from the night.

Mystery Adventure Tour With Megabus

1. February 21, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I love attending blogger events as its always so much fun and you get to meet other bloggers as well. Glad you had the chance to attend the Megabus Adventure tour.

2. February 21, 2018 / 4:44 pm

This looks like a fantastic event & I’m glad you were able to attend. A mystery tour certainly does sound good.

3. February 21, 2018 / 8:35 pm

what a fun blogger event, it is always good to connect with others in ‘real’ life. Yay for walking the sweets off lol x

4. February 21, 2018 / 9:48 pm

I’ve never heard of this mystery adventure tour before but now I really want to try it. Sounds wonderful!

5. February 22, 2018 / 1:08 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! I like that you get to spend time with your family or friends as well as you go through the different places and solve that mystery! What a fun activity!

6. February 22, 2018 / 7:10 pm

I wish that I got time to attend the blogger events, as they look so much fun and are an ideal way to meet other bloggers x

7. February 22, 2018 / 8:51 pm

I love this! When we were younger we always got the megabus into the next town for a night out, haha! This sounds like so much fun!

8. February 22, 2018 / 9:10 pm

This sounds like such a fun experience and what great photos you captured, too!

9. February 22, 2018 / 10:33 pm

What a cool event and it’s nice that you got to attend x my mummy struggles with fitting it them in with work as well. She used to use MegaBus!

10. February 22, 2018 / 11:51 pm

So does that mean you won the megabus as a prize? Holy crow Rhian,what a sweet deal!! If I ever make it overseas,I’m coming to you and your bus as a tour guide!!

11. February 23, 2018 / 3:33 am

Looks like a fun adventure. I am glad you were invited and more excited that you enjoy it. I am sure the view was magnificent at night. Great post

12. February 23, 2018 / 10:22 am

Oh wow, what fun! The MegaBus is such a great affordable way to travel. We use it all the time!

13. February 23, 2018 / 11:23 am

This sounds like such a fun event and a great way to discover London some more.

14. February 25, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Wow that sounded so much fun. I never even knew about this tour.

15. February 26, 2018 / 10:25 am

What a fab event! It looks like you all had a brilliant time. I really wish I could go to more events as they always look like a great way to meet other bloggers x

16. February 26, 2018 / 12:56 pm

What a great idea! It looks so much fun! Didnt know they did these tours.

17. February 26, 2018 / 1:50 pm

Aww well done for pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and going to such a fun event 🙂

18. February 26, 2018 / 9:44 pm

What a fun event. I’ve never been to a blog event I do need to push myself to go to one though. It’s definitely a confidence thing so know how u feel about meeting people u don’t know.

19. Bethany
    February 27, 2018 / 4:49 pm

Oh it’s sounds so amazing, I’d love to do something like this, not only meeting fellow bloggers, but gaining so much blogger knowledge through conversing with eachother

20. February 27, 2018 / 8:08 pm

Never used Megabus before but it looks like a lovely way to explore new places! 🙂

21. Jen
    February 28, 2018 / 5:58 pm

What a fun way to do some exploring about London. And a good way to meet people, and boost your confidence a little. Cannot beat a good giggle fest!

22. March 1, 2018 / 10:50 am

Sounds like a great event and congratulations on your victory. I don’t really go to these things either but local kids events I am invited to, we always try to attend (and restaurant reviews!)

23. March 1, 2018 / 7:24 pm

This sounds a really great evening out and it sounds like you met some great blogging pals. Walking into a group of bloggers is always really daunting but it I’m glad it worked out so well x