UK Getaway Plans To Take This Spring

UK Getaway Plans To Take This Spring

As you may or may not know I’m trying to be prepared and thinking ahead to moving out of my flat and buying a house which I know is going to require a lot of money in solicitors costs, stamp duty and all the other fun things which come with buying a house. Because of this I’ve been really trying to tone down the amount of travelling I’m doing so I can save more but this doesn’t stop me wanting to go away every few weeks. Although flight prices and hostels in European cities aren’t always expensive I’m taking this time to try and explore a bit more of the UK so here are just a few Spring getaway plans that I hope to take.

Windsor

This is pretty local for me and wouldn’t mean an overnight stay – in fact, it’s just 20 minutes from my boyfriend’s parents – but other than for work and Legoland as a kid I’ve never been to Windsor. I’d love to explore Windsor Castle as it’s such an iconic part of the country’s royal history and architecturally it’s pretty unusual. I’d love to take a boat ride along the River Thames and hopefully enjoy a little bit of sunshine on my face while exploring the beautiful city.

Newmarket Spa

After thoroughly enjoying my spa weekend last summer I know it’s something that I want to do again and the Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is a luxury hotel in Newmarket which is just across from the racecourse seems like a great choice. The hotel itself is 4 stars rated and is home to a 2AA Rosette Winning restaurant and of course, food is just as much part of the relaxation process as the treatments themselves although there’s also a more casual setting if fine dining isn’t what you’re looking for. The idea of a beautiful countryside retreat sounds absolutely perfect for a Spring getaway as if the weather is questionable (we do live in the UK after all) you can just pop down to the spa to take a swim and have a treatment or two.

Edinburgh

I absolutely love Edinburgh and having been twice in 2016 I feel it’s time to head back and introduce Luke to it’s charm as a city from the surroundings of the castle and the winding lanes of shops and eateries through to one of the best zoos I’ve ever been to. For me Edinburgh has it all there’s history, culture, great food, friendly locals but a quaint feeling that you don’t get from a lot of other large UK cities, especially London. There are still a few things I haven’t done before such as the ghost night time tour and climbing the Scott monument.

UK Getaway Plans To Take This Spring

*This post has been written in collaboration with the Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa but all thoughts and wanderlust are my own.

1. March 29, 2018 / 4:25 pm

I’m half thinking of gonig to Windsor for the royal wedding. I’ve been to castle, but never really poperly looked round the town. I also want to book a spa day while i’m there. xx

2. March 29, 2018 / 4:25 pm

I’m half thinking of going to Windsor for the royal wedding. I’ve been to castle, but never really poperly looked round the town. I also want to book a spa day while I’m there. xx

3. March 29, 2018 / 7:07 pm

There really are some amazing things to do and see in the UK isn’t there? I hope you enjoy your time exploring some more of the UK and of course that it helps you save some money!

4. March 29, 2018 / 8:10 pm

I love Windsor, it’s such a cool, calm and easy place to go. Not to mention the history that’s there aswell.

5. March 30, 2018 / 11:54 am

My Husband used to live in Windsor and my boys often go for a night out there, I would love to visit Edingburgh one day though x

6. March 30, 2018 / 1:08 pm

These are some great spots to head to Rhian, the Windsor Castle and Edinburg trip sounds like something we would love to do as well

7. March 30, 2018 / 2:16 pm

Edinburgh is hugely on my list…. I really want to explore scotland properly!

8. March 30, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Windor is great and not to far for me living in London. I’ve visited the castle there which was nice and they had a good shopping area too. Newmarket spa sounds great I must pop that on my list.

9. March 30, 2018 / 7:37 pm

I love Edinburgh! It really is my favourite city.

I”ve just moved to Devon so plan on exploring more of Devon & Cornwall this year, but would love to go back up to the Peaks for a little walking holiday is I can.

C x

10. Bryanna Skye
    March 31, 2018 / 8:55 pm

UK breaks can be just as much fun, so it’s great you’re getting to explore your own backyard 🙂 Edinburgh is a lovely city – enjoy!

11. April 1, 2018 / 1:03 pm

We haven’t been in a UK trip for a while so thank you for the suggestions. We would love to visit Edinburgh!

12. April 1, 2018 / 5:38 pm

I’ve always fancied the idea of going to Edinburgh but it’s definitely climbed higher on my travel wishlist now I know they have a ghost night time tour, sounds like a lot of fun

13. Jem
    April 2, 2018 / 6:25 am

There are so many great places to see in the UK. I love Edinburgh.

14. April 2, 2018 / 7:10 am

I really want to do Windsor this year as it is not too far from us but have never done it

15. April 2, 2018 / 7:53 am

I’d love to go to Edinburgh, never been before but heard it’s amazing, definitely on my wish list.

16. April 2, 2018 / 10:51 am

I went to Windsor about a year ago and absolutely loved it! Such history and sights to see. I have always wanted to go to Edinburgh but haven’t quite made it yet

17. April 2, 2018 / 8:00 pm

I definitely need to take the time to see more of our country. Fab post hun, can’t wait to see all your photos!

18. April 2, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Windsor isn’t that far from me, so I’d probably skip that one for somewhere a little further afield. I’ve actually spent this Easter bank holiday weekend in Iceland, though I have previously spent it with my friend in Edinburgh, so can recommend this one for a good break away 😉 x

19. April 2, 2018 / 10:03 pm

Windsor is so beautiful, the castle, the walks by the river, the boat rides and the lovely picnic areas. You can do so much there.

20. April 3, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Wonderful Windsor, what a place – I would love to visit here. The castle looks like a real hot spot and place to go x

21. April 5, 2018 / 11:56 am

We have plans to travel to a few places in the UK this Spring and Summer. You’ve chosen some great spots here x