Four Reasons Why Pre-Booking Combi Tickets Is Worthwhile

Four Reasons Why Pre-Booking Combi Tickets Is Worthwhile

Over the early May Bank Holiday I was in Edinburgh and while I was there we had one of the Royal Edinburgh Tickets which allowed us 48 hours useage on the cities hop-on, hop-off buses alongside three Royal attractions; Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood House and The Royal Britannia Yacht.

I am a huge fan of booking attractions in advance as you can pay them off before you go on your trip freeing up money when you’re away for fun stuff like food and souvenirs which Edinburgh has in abundance. Combination tickets specifically can offer huge value in booking and below I’m going to show you a few reasons why they’re worthwhile.

Edinburgh Castle

You can save money

Usually combination tickets will allow you some sort of discount versus paying for the attractions seperately. For example the pass I had was £55 each, but individually if I was paying when there it would have cost me just over £75 which is quite a difference when you consider it’s for four different attractions. I am always looking out for promotions and codes when it comes to purchases so being able to save money by booking a combination ticket that I’d have paid for individually seems like a no brainer.

You can collect the tickets whenever you want

On the first day you’re looking to use your tickets or experience you can usually head along to the attraction in question at any point. For us we had to head to Waverly Bridge where the main bus stop for the hop-on, hop-off buses was and exchange our tickets but this gave us the Royal Ticket as well so we didn’t need to go and collect four individual tickets. There was no set time as to when we had to collect them or use them so we could be as flexible as we wanted.

edinburgh

You can skip the queues

Once you have your combination ticket you’re set up for all the attractions which means you can walk straight into places without having to queue for tickets. This can be especially useful at Edinburgh Castle where the queues (especially in the summertime) can be very busy. This is great news if you’re tight on time as it means you can spend all of your time in the attractions as opposed to queuing for them.

edinburgh

It encourages you to visit all the attractions

If you’re anything like me sometimes you make plans in your mind of what you want to do but sometimes you may be too tired, fancy some food or just generally can’t be bothered to sight see any more which can mean missing out on some great attractions which you’ll later regret. When you have a combination ticket and you have your tickets there ready for you you’re more likely to go as you don’t have any additional costs involved.

If you’re looking to pre-book any activities check out Trip Advisor who are a great one-stop shop for all attraction, tour and experience bookings.

Do you usually pre-book attractions when you go away?

Four Reasons Why Pre-Booking Combi Tickets Is Worthwhile

*We were given two complimentary tickets from Trip Advisor in exchange for a post but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. May 17, 2018 / 9:59 am

We bought combi tickets when we visited too and it saved us so much money

2. Dannii
    May 17, 2018 / 10:31 am

We always try that pre-book tickets as I don’t want to be stuck in a queue with a toddler. They are better value too.

3. May 17, 2018 / 10:36 am

These are great reasons for why booking combi tickets is a good idea – we always prebook as it is vital we get the best deals for us as a family

4. May 17, 2018 / 1:48 pm

I don’t normally pre-book attractions as I like to take things as they come on holiday, but I do like saving money with city tickets like this. I did something similar in Bergen a couple of summers ago and saved a fortune!

5. May 17, 2018 / 2:40 pm

Combi tickets are ideal aren’t they? We try to prebook tickets whenever we can to save the queues.

6. May 17, 2018 / 2:49 pm

Pre-booking tickets is a great idea which I also do. Sometimes its easier just to buy a pass if you’re going to enough. We bought the Art Fund pass this year which lets you get into loads of museums, galleries and historic sites.

7. May 17, 2018 / 10:13 pm

I’ve never heard of combi tickets before!! I think I’ve been missing a trick! Love Edinburgh though!

8. May 17, 2018 / 10:21 pm

Such a brilliant idea. We always try and prebook our tickets when going on European city breaks as it has saved us lots of money in the past. Never done it in this Country though, but I shall now!

9. May 18, 2018 / 7:08 am

I think it’s really awesome to buy tickets in advance. Like you mentioned, you no longer have to worry about them and the tickets are there for you to claim as you please.

10. May 18, 2018 / 10:28 am

This is a great idea! We might be heading to Edinburgh this summer so will take your advice as to get the pre-booked tickets and save some money as well.

11. May 18, 2018 / 11:49 am

I didn’t know you could get combi tickets what a great idea. It’s handy to know money saving tips like this. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great trip.

12. May 18, 2018 / 3:01 pm

We wanted to go to The London Dungeons and then take the kids to Shrek Adventure one weekend which was going to work out so expensive for our adult tickets (£60 for both of us at each attraction) that we ended up getting a Merlin 5 Attraction pass for all of Londons top attractions, they’re only £55 each but saved us a tenner over all and we can now have three date days that we don’t have to pay for at the London Eye, Aquarium and Madame Tussauds. I’m all about the money saving!

13. May 18, 2018 / 10:14 pm

We always try to pre-book because we are a large family and it saves so much money. You saved a huge amount here!

14. May 19, 2018 / 10:14 am

This is something we’d definitely do. I always like to try and save money whenever I can 🙂

Louise x

15. May 19, 2018 / 8:13 pm

This is a great post for travelers! I have personally been to Edinburgh once, but I never got to see everything the city has to offer! Looks like you had quite the trip 🙂

16. May 19, 2018 / 10:38 pm

Anything that will sort of force me into visiting more places will always be welcome, I honestly have encountered a lot of times when I regretted not visiting a certain part or area of a city or town. But let me just say that your pictures of Edinburgh are blowing me away, absolutely beautiful place!

17. May 20, 2018 / 2:22 pm

what a great idea and so useful to know how much money your can save using these tickets! x