Live Shows And Music In July

Live Shows And Music In July

The month started off with Community Festival in London’s Hyde Park on Sunday 1st July. It only started a year ago and the line up was so good that I couldn’t turn down the opportunity. I mainly went because You Me At Six were playing and a have a massive soft spot for them but Marmozets were great and I saw Sundara Karma again who are a feel good indie band that I am slowly starting to fall in love with. If you want to read my review on the day and the band’s I saw click here.

On Thursday 12th July I headed to 2000 Trees for the first time. I was sad that I could only do a single day but it was better than nothing as I’ve already decided it’s one of my favourite festivals around, so much so that me and Luke have already bought weekend tickets for next year. We went mainly because one of Luke’s favourite bands Vukovi were playing who were incredible but I also got the chance to see Marmozets (again), Arcane Roots,  Black Peaks, Turbowolf, Black Foxxes alongside a few others so it was a great day. I wrote a whole post on things I noticed as a first timer which you can read here.

2000 trees

Next up was a show I’d waiting ages for and it was Eminem at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 14th July. I’d seen Eminem a few times headline festivals but never for his own show and it was such a great show. Thankfully we had really good seats straight on so we had a good view and the set list was just hit after hit including a trio of ‘My Name Is’/ ‘The Real Slim Shady’/ ‘Without Me‘ near the end was incredible. Plus 50 cent came out during the show and played ‘In Da Club’ whihc was amazing, something I didn’t think I’ve ever hear live.

Live Shows And Music In July

1. August 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Ahh I haven’t been to a gig since June, I miss live music! I had tickets to 2000 trees but decided not to go in the end.

2. August 8, 2018 / 9:36 pm

Wow I wouldn’t have expected 50 cent to be at Eminem’s concert either, what a treat! I would love to see Eminem

3. August 9, 2018 / 2:16 am

You have a lot of events! Right now, the only events I am covering are my daughter’s activities in school. haha No more time to cover others. Enjoy!

4. August 9, 2018 / 8:49 am

I didn’t realise Eminem was over in the UK, my son adores him

5. Monidipa Dutta
    August 9, 2018 / 9:28 am

This made me realize I haven’t been to a gig since a long time. But seriously I didn’t realise Eminem was over in UK. Currently I’m busy stuck at work so no time for fun. You enjoy..

6. August 9, 2018 / 12:14 pm

Seeing Eminem must have been amazing, especially with 50 coming out! I’ve seen him a few times and I have to say he does put on an amazing show x

7. August 10, 2018 / 8:44 am

I truly wish to go to Eminen concert once in my life

8. August 10, 2018 / 9:30 pm

You’ve seen a whole bunch of artists I’ve not heard of this month, Rhian! With the exception of Eminem, of course. He was a favourite of mine back in my teens 🙂

Louise x

9. August 11, 2018 / 4:01 am

I used to go to concerts all the time with friends, it was the best! I love live music, there’s something special about it!
    Happy you got to go have fun and see Eminem.

10. August 13, 2018 / 4:10 pm

That’s so cool that you got the chance to see Eminem perform his best hits live in concert. The 50Cent appearance must have been a great surprise! I grew up with Eminem actually, he was very famous when I was just a teen.

11. August 13, 2018 / 5:01 pm

Wow I bet you had a great time watching Eminem. I didn’t realise he had come to the UK. I haven’t been to any music festivals in years – since having the kids that is.

12. August 13, 2018 / 9:39 pm

Oh wow that’s amazing! I would love to see Eminen in concert, he is such a huge icon of my time and I bet he puts on an amazing show! My eldest loves 50cent!

13. August 14, 2018 / 1:49 am

Awww wow sounds like you had an amazing month filled with music in July. We went to see Iron Maiden and have a few gigs planned for the end of the year but no where near as many as I would like to be heading to.

14. August 14, 2018 / 8:59 am

Eminem at Twickenham Stadium !!! Yes please…aw I bet you had such a fab time. Yet more fab music events 🙂 x

15. August 14, 2018 / 11:39 am

Wow you saw a lot of live music in July – I am so jealous that you went to see Eminem!

16. Danielle
    August 14, 2018 / 9:08 pm

I’m so jealous that you got to see Eminem. He is high on my list of artists to see.

17. August 14, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Seeing Eminem would be amazing, what a great opportunity you had. I’m very jealous!

18. August 15, 2018 / 12:35 pm

I’m not usually a festival goer, but I love seeing everything you get up to. July looks it was a great music month! x

19. August 15, 2018 / 4:38 pm

What an amazing month of live music! I haven’t been to a festival for absolutely ages now but you’ve certainly tempted me to put that right in the near future!

20. Jem
    August 16, 2018 / 8:05 am

I haven’t been to a gig in years. Sounds like you’ve been to some awesome shows.

21. August 17, 2018 / 3:31 pm

I feel so out of touch as the only one of those I recognised was eminem haha! x