Five Things – Week 23

Five Things – Week 23

Most of the last week has consisted of me being in the middle of muddy fields at Glastonbury and I would not have had it any other way as it’s such an amazing festival.  Here are some of the bits which have happened to me – both good and bad – over the last week.

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Monday I went out for a meal with some mates to say goodbye to one of my friends who is moving to Portsmouth with our other half. She’s a friend I’ve known since primary school and it’s going to be sad to not see her more often, but beach trips will be needed.
  • On Tuesday we did a really good 10km or so walk through the parks in our local area, it was nice to get out in the fresh air and it was a lovely week.
  • I finally got my hair cut so I could see again *yay*
  • Early on Wednesday morning I headed to Glastonbury for an amazing five days of fun, explorations, music and much more. Despite the horrific travel and the epic mud it was such a fun weekend. Look out for more in a future post I’ll do about the magic of Glastonbury.
  • I got to see Bring Me The Horizon in a brand new environment at Glastonbury and it was such a special show.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I have been keeping an eye on the dollar for absolute ages but it keeps fluctuating so when it hit a particular rate I bite the bullet and bought all my currency so now I have all my dollars’ for when I am away. I am super glad I didn’t hang out until after the referdum as it dropped quite a bit.
  • We met up with another campervan of people at Glastonbury who were friends of the girl driving our van and it was lovely to meet some new people and have more friends to explore the weekend with.
  • Compared to last time I went to Glastonbury I definitely feel like I explored the area more and didn’t spend the whole time only thinking about the music as the festival is much more than that.
  • I watched all of the latest season of Orange Is The New Black before I went away and it was such a great season. So much happened and I definitely think it’s miles better than last season.
  • I got my pack through from Cancer Research for the Shine Walk which I signed up for again. Some of you might know I walked a marathon last September to raise money for Cancer Research and I am set to do it again this year. I just want to beat my time this time round.

shine night walk

Five Things Which Sucked

• My brother was stuck in France for an extra day on Saturday due to air strikes due to bomb threats so it was horrible hearing about it and being at Glasto and unable to do anything. I was so releaved to hear he was back okay on Sunday night.
  • I am pretty convinced I put on weight over Glastonbury because despite lots of tough walking I did eat really well as the food there is incredible. I’ll find out later this week when I go and get weighed so I need to be good before then!
  • Ellie Goulding at Glastonbury. Lots of evidence points to the fact that she was probably lip syncing the show and even if she wasn’t it was a poor performance overall. I was very disappointed seeing as she was one of the two people I really wanted to see.
  • Everything I own seems to be covered in mud and it’s going to take a long time to get it all off!
  • Because I have been away my flat is in dire need of a clean, there are things everywhere and while it isn’t dirty it is messy.

Five Things  To Do Next Week

• Wash all my clothes from Glastonbury and get my festival stuff packed away for the next month or so.
  • Start packing and sorting things out for New York.
  • Have a massive clean of my house as I have a house guest moving in next weekend for the summer so I need to make sure things are tidy for her.
  • Go to the gym 3+ times this week as I am not away at all this week so I want to push my exercise to the max this week.
  • Read at least two comic books. I had a massive binge recently but haven’t got round to reading any of them yet. Because this is going to be a relaxing week I want to read more.
What have you been up to this week?

1. Harriet @ Toby&Roo
    June 27, 2016 / 5:24 pm

Has the new OITNB come out? I didn’t think it was available until July? I’m so gutted for you that Ellie Goulding was rubbish, I saw Coldplay on TV and (I’m not a fan) they looked epic, even to me! H x

2. Beautyqueenuk
    June 27, 2016 / 8:09 pm

OOh it does sound like you had fun at Glastonbury, it isn’t for me but everyone I know who went loved it x

3. June 27, 2016 / 8:29 pm

I think the never-ending finding of mud is part of the whole Glastonbury experience, isn’t it? Good luck with the charity run when you get around to doing it!

4. June 27, 2016 / 8:46 pm

Oh no I love Ellie Goulding, I am shocked to hear that she delivered a disappointing performance :/

5. June 27, 2016 / 9:46 pm

Such a shame that people still decide to lip sync – what a let down 🙁 x

6. Angela Milnes
    June 27, 2016 / 11:32 pm

Glastonbury sounds fab. Sorry to hear Eliie Goulding may have been lip syncing. Thats no good but It sounds like a great trip. My hubby loves comic books.

7. Erin Ek Rush
    June 28, 2016 / 6:30 am

As a list maker I really love this idea! Sounds like you had a great week – glad to know you liked OITNB more than last season as I haven’t watched much yet and thought last season was not as good. Piper and Alex are just grating on my nerves now!

8. June 28, 2016 / 6:37 am

Lucky you to get to go to Glastonbury! I’ve never been, but it’s something I’d love to too if I’m not too old now, lol! 🙂

9. June 28, 2016 / 9:55 am

You cheered me up a bit about Orange is the New Black. I was getting a little disinterested in the year prior. Smart on getting those dollars ahead of time!

10. Linda Hobbis
    June 28, 2016 / 10:38 am

I love Glastonbury the place but I couldn’t face all that mud. Shame Adele got all sweary too. You sound like a very busy person!

11. June 28, 2016 / 12:13 pm

It sucks when Celebs do not put on a show. Good to know you had a haircut.

12. Hannah Heartss ❄️⛄️
    June 28, 2016 / 1:23 pm

I thought orange is the new black was much better this season too – I need the next season now not next year!!

13. June 28, 2016 / 1:42 pm

Good to see you had a pretty good week overall. Glastonbury looked great.

14. June 28, 2016 / 4:31 pm

Oh, I’m so jealous that you went to Glastonbury! What a busy week!

15. June 28, 2016 / 7:26 pm

Can’t believe you will soon be heading to New York, good luck with the packing and sounds like you had an amazing week.

16. Melanie Edjourian
    June 28, 2016 / 7:47 pm

congrats on getting all your dollars. My goodness you’re a very busy lady!!!!

17. Ickle Pickle
    June 28, 2016 / 8:00 pm

Glastonbury always looks amazing, despite the mud! Glad your brother got back ok eventually. Kaz x

18. June 28, 2016 / 8:20 pm

Yes! How good is the new season of Orange Is The New Black, I totally binge watched it and glad you had fun at Glastonbury x

19. Jessica Dearnley
    June 28, 2016 / 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend moving, but as you say, it’s a great excuse for more beach trips – I love Portsmouth!

20. Tanya Brannan
    June 29, 2016 / 8:52 am

What a fantastic time you had at Glastonbury! I watched a bit of the footage on TV and thought she was lipsyncing too!! I have lots of housework to do too, so good luck with yours! x

21. June 29, 2016 / 9:34 am

I am desperate to go to Glastonbury! I don’t envy all the mud though!

22. Jessica
    June 29, 2016 / 3:14 pm

I am excited how will you prepare for New York and fulfill the three times a week schedule in the gym. 🙂

23. Lorraine
    June 30, 2016 / 6:38 pm

Seems like a lot of things have happened, my days haven’t been nearly as good.

24. July 1, 2016 / 3:47 pm

I am happy you had a good week babe Glastonbury looks like it was a lot of fun!!!

25. July 3, 2016 / 1:21 am

Glastonbury looked like it was an absolute ball! So many huge names smashed it, I was just watching it all on my laptop

26. July 5, 2016 / 3:47 am

Looks you had an eventful week! We all have good and bad days … and I’m glad you’re making the most of everything. I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun in NYC … I totally love the big apple. Wishing you all the best! xx