Most of the last week has consisted of me being in the middle of muddy fields at Glastonbury and I would not have had it any other way as it’s such an amazing festival. Here are some of the bits which have happened to me – both good and bad – over the last week.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I went out for a meal with some mates to say goodbye to one of my friends who is moving to Portsmouth with our other half. She’s a friend I’ve known since primary school and it’s going to be sad to not see her more often, but beach trips will be needed.
- On Tuesday we did a really good 10km or so walk through the parks in our local area, it was nice to get out in the fresh air and it was a lovely week.
- I finally got my hair cut so I could see again *yay*
- Early on Wednesday morning I headed to Glastonbury for an amazing five days of fun, explorations, music and much more. Despite the horrific travel and the epic mud it was such a fun weekend. Look out for more in a future post I’ll do about the magic of Glastonbury.
- I got to see Bring Me The Horizon in a brand new environment at Glastonbury and it was such a special show.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I have been keeping an eye on the dollar for absolute ages but it keeps fluctuating so when it hit a particular rate I bite the bullet and bought all my currency so now I have all my dollars’ for when I am away. I am super glad I didn’t hang out until after the referdum as it dropped quite a bit.
- We met up with another campervan of people at Glastonbury who were friends of the girl driving our van and it was lovely to meet some new people and have more friends to explore the weekend with.
- Compared to last time I went to Glastonbury I definitely feel like I explored the area more and didn’t spend the whole time only thinking about the music as the festival is much more than that.
- I watched all of the latest season of Orange Is The New Black before I went away and it was such a great season. So much happened and I definitely think it’s miles better than last season.
- I got my pack through from Cancer Research for the Shine Walk which I signed up for again. Some of you might know I walked a marathon last September to raise money for Cancer Research and I am set to do it again this year. I just want to beat my time this time round.
Five Things Which Sucked
- My brother was stuck in France for an extra day on Saturday due to air strikes due to bomb threats so it was horrible hearing about it and being at Glasto and unable to do anything. I was so releaved to hear he was back okay on Sunday night.
- I am pretty convinced I put on weight over Glastonbury because despite lots of tough walking I did eat really well as the food there is incredible. I’ll find out later this week when I go and get weighed so I need to be good before then!
- Ellie Goulding at Glastonbury. Lots of evidence points to the fact that she was probably lip syncing the show and even if she wasn’t it was a poor performance overall. I was very disappointed seeing as she was one of the two people I really wanted to see.
- Everything I own seems to be covered in mud and it’s going to take a long time to get it all off!
- Because I have been away my flat is in dire need of a clean, there are things everywhere and while it isn’t dirty it is messy.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Wash all my clothes from Glastonbury and get my festival stuff packed away for the next month or so.
- Start packing and sorting things out for New York.
- Have a massive clean of my house as I have a house guest moving in next weekend for the summer so I need to make sure things are tidy for her.
- Go to the gym 3+ times this week as I am not away at all this week so I want to push my exercise to the max this week.
- Read at least two comic books. I had a massive binge recently but haven’t got round to reading any of them yet. Because this is going to be a relaxing week I want to read more.