Countdown To Comic Con – Planning My Outfit

Next month will see me attend my very first MCM Comic Con across the Halloween weekend. With a love for comic books, superheroes and action movies I have no idea how it’s taken me this long to attend one, I think it’s been finding a willing person to accompany me to the event. Thankfully that is right up my boyfriend’s street and he’s going to take me to my very first one. I’ve had one past experience at the Film and TV Convention which has given me a bit of an insight into what to expect but I’m still a bit clueless.

One of the biggest parts about comic con is the amazing cosplay on display and I’m going to be taking part this year. Seeing as it’s Halloween weekend and my favourite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas I am going to be totally predictable and be Sally even though I bet there will be hundreds of them milling around the event.

This was the perfect excuse to buy this stunning Sally dress from EMP. I’d seen a lot of different dresses and a lot were straight and quite shapeless which I didn’t want, especially being a slightly larger lady (I’m hoping this will be my only off character part).

A lot of people go all out red for Sally’s hair but if you look at her character in the movie it’s not red its auburn, so a dark brown with a hint of red so I am going to be sourcing out some hair dyes to freshly colour my hair a few days before the event. Doing it a few days before means it will have been washed once or twice before to soften the colour and not make it too bright.

The next thing I need to do is buy some tights which have the trademark stitched up look about them as Sally is a ragdoll and then sort out my shoes. Sally wear’s short pretty flat boots with some stripy socks poking out the top so I need to work out the best way of doing this. Looking at movie stills they don’t come too far up her leg so I don’t think they’re any more than ankle boots so I’m going to try out some plain black ones I already have and see how this works.

The final thing I need to do which is going to involve the most amount of prep is the skin colour. I haven’t decided if I am just going to do my face and neck or whether I’m going to do anything to my arms yet, I reckon I’ll just stick to my face and neck but so many cosplays I see the skin just looks too blue. On Sally, she has a pale complexion with just a hint of blue so I need to try out a combination of white foundation, face paint, and powder to try and get the very soft blue colour of her skin. If you follow me on Instagram expect to see some Instagram stories showing my progress.

I can’t wait for Comic Con and to see what treasures I can buy, I just know that I can’t go too crazy with Pop Vinyl.

October 6, 2017

• Reply Mayah Camara

My best friend has been to many Comic Con events and he always raves about them! You’ll be sure to have a great time as well as see some fab costumes! Can’t wait to hear about it afterwards!

October 8, 2017 at 8:57 pm
  • Reply Patrick

Damn…..I was hoping you would go as either The Scarlet Witch or Black Widow. But tickled you ARE doing cosplay!! Look for a great pair of guys who be videoing the event called The Sneaky Zebra,they are awesome!

October 8, 2017 at 10:59 pm
  • Reply Lubka Henry

Comin Con sounds like a very exciting event. I’m sure you’d enjoy it a lot :))

October 9, 2017 at 11:41 am
  • Reply Amy

I have never been to one of these events. Your costume sounds great, have fun ๐Ÿ™‚

October 9, 2017 at 5:04 pm
  • Reply Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes

Wow what a great outfit! Comic Con sounds so exciting, I hope you have an amazing time!

October 9, 2017 at 8:35 pm
  • Reply Jen

How exciting, it all sounds fabulous. I love the idea of dressing up for the event, and I think you’ve made a great choice. I also think it will be rather fabulous if there are many Sally’s wandering about. Enjoy.

October 9, 2017 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply Talya

I have heard Comic Con is totally awesome! love you outfit have an amazing time.

October 10, 2017 at 12:40 pm
  • Reply Alex Lamb & Bear

Oh iove Sally! That’s one of my favourite movies too ๐Ÿ™‚

October 10, 2017 at 5:02 pm
  • Reply Newcastle Family Life

I have never been to a comic con or anything like it before, it is not really my thing but my other half loves stuff like that. I hope you have a great time and I hope you take photos in your outfit x

October 10, 2017 at 5:53 pm
  • Reply Kara

I love Comic Con but although we dress the kids up we never seem to join in ourselves. will have to change that

October 11, 2017 at 8:42 am
  • Reply Jenny

I’ve never seen the film so just had to google the character. It looks fun. Can’t wait to see a pic!

October 11, 2017 at 9:39 am
  • Reply Abbi

I love the outfit and love Sally too! I’ve never been to a comic-con event but my friend goes to them and absolutely loves them, she always has a blast! I hope you have an amazing time!

October 11, 2017 at 10:29 am
  • Reply Kate | Veggie Desserts

Sounds like so much fun! We had a small Comic Con in my town and everyone loved it.

October 11, 2017 at 11:10 am
  • Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN

Comic Con sounds like great fun. I bet it will be great to see everyone dressed up. Sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into your costume. I wouldn’t worry if there are loads of other Sally’s it’s part of he fun to check out each persons version.

October 11, 2017 at 12:16 pm
  • Reply Sarah | A Few Favourite Things

I love that you are dressing up as Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas – I love her

October 11, 2017 at 1:24 pm
  • Reply Lisa - The Love of a Captain Blog

Sounds like so much fun! Cant wait to see what you look like ๐Ÿ™‚

October 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
  • Reply Sabrina @ The Mummy Stylist

Oh my siblings always go to Comic Con, so many people dressed up there, it will be loads of fun! You have to take a photo when you wear your outfit! x

October 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm
  • Reply Renna

Can’t wait to see you in your outfit. Its a really cool idea.

October 11, 2017 at 9:24 pm
  • Reply Thena

Love the outfit, great choice! I’ve never been to comic con…but then again, I don’t read a lot of comics but I do know that it is a really big deal!

October 13, 2017 at 11:41 am
  • Reply Laura Schwormstedt

Oooh how exciting, I do love a good Comic Con. I have been to a few in Cardiff but not for the last two years but want to go again – always a great atmosphere

Laura x

October 13, 2017 at 11:44 am
  • Reply Milly Youngman

I’d love to go to ComicCon! And I always wanted a Sally dress when I was a kid…and definitely still do now too!

October 13, 2017 at 12:06 pm
  • Reply Olivia

Iโ€™ve been wanting to go to comic con for the longest time. I love the theme as itโ€™s during Halloween theme, I bet youโ€™ll look fab ๐Ÿ™‚

October 14, 2017 at 2:59 pm
  • Reply Taylor Smart

i used to live one stop away in the tube from the london one and it was the best time of year. Everyone on the tube going to work but it was rammed with people in the best cosplay outfits!

October 16, 2017 at 8:48 am
  • Reply Anca

ComicCon, what is exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time. x

October 16, 2017 at 11:50 am