Five Things – Week 61

Five Things – Week 61

FiveThings I Did This Week

• On Tuesday evening I headed to one of my friends’ houses for a catch-up evening which involved trying on sari’s. One of our best friends’ is getting married in July and it’s going to be a traditional Indian wedding so we’re all dressing up in the appropriate attire. The sari’s were stunning and it was so tough to make a decision on what to wear but I think we’re all sorted now.
  • On Wednesday it was date night so we had a lovely Chiqitos dinner and went to see the new Kong movie which was really good. It wasn’t as jumpy as I expected it to be but the CGI was incredible.
  • On Friday I had the day off work so I headed into London with my friend where we finally made it to the Sherlock Holmes museum which is a cute little museum showing the house where Sherlock and Watson lived and worked. After this we were then booked into the Shoreditch Street Art Tour which is something we’d been meaning to do for absolute ages and it did not disappoint. I’ll be dedicating a whole post to it very soon.
  • Sunday was Mothers’ Day which meant a morning and afternoon spent with my family. We had a nice roast dinner and it was just lovely to just spend time with my family.
  • On Sunday evening I headed to the O2 Arena with two of my friends’ to see Craig David and he was incredible. With a 1.5 hour Craig David set and about 35-40 minutes of TS5 (his DJ stuff) it was an incredible end to the weekend.

Five Great Things To Happen

• After seeing it advertised at Chris Ramsey I managed to book tickets to see Bill Bailey do some small shows in London for May. I know it’s only going to be a small show as it will be him working on material for his next proper tour but I absolutely love the guy.
  • I ordered a Lumie clock and I am so excited to give it a try. I find it pretty hard to get up in the morning’s and I am always snoozing, but I want to get into a good habit of being up earlier so I can work out and have a more relaxing morning.
  • I had time this weekend to dye my hair as it was getting pretty patchy with various shades of brown and I am so happy to be a red-head again.
  • I finally manage to finish the book which I have been reading for what feels like forever. I’ve gotten quite bad with reading lately and it’s something I definitely need to get back in the habit of.
  • On Saturday we finished Iron Fist and overall I thought it was a really good season with plenty of fleshy back story and a lot of future potential to play with.

Street Art

Five Things Which Sucked

• A dress which I bought last week just didn’t look right when I tried it on, it’s such a shame as it was a stunning dress but it obviously wasn’t meant to be.
  • I thought the new cheese restaurant in Camden opened at 10 am so we were going to have lunch there Friday but it didn’t open until Midday which means I’ll need to make another trip.
  • Next weekend I have a hen party for one of my best friends’ and sadly it’s been a bit last minute with organizing which led to a stressful weekend of having to make (expensive) last minute decisions. I wish the bridesmaids had made some decisions earlier so it ran smoother but I’m hoping next weekend goes well.
  • I started to feel a little stressed and out of my depth at the end of last weekend/ over the weekend, with my big holiday to Hawaii looming next week I feel I have so much to do. On top of that, there’s work, blogging, trying to keep up my social life, seeing my other half and family, and then the hen party. I am pretty good with to-do lists and know without them I’d have crumbled but I want to feel a bit more in control this week.
  • Last week saw a number of my friends’ lose their jobs through redundancy and things and I hate seeing it because they’re amazing talented people, and I wish there was more I could do to help.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Start properly packing for Hawaii as it will be less than 2 weeks’ away and I need to work out if there’s anything else I need to buy.
  • Get booked in to see Beauty and the Beast next week. I need to make sure I see it before I go away.
  • Print off my travel insurance documents ready for going away. My annual policy renews this week which is why I haven’t been able to do it before now.
  • Check the Moz scores on Friday which is when the next update should be. Let’s hope it’s less stress than last time.
  • Check into my flights for Belfast next month as it will be a month before we fly.
What have you been up to this week?

1. Talya Stone
    March 27, 2017 / 4:33 pm

What a fab weekend and even a chance to watch Craig David very envious!

2. Karen Teresa Reekie
    March 27, 2017 / 6:43 pm

What a fab week! Well jealous of Craig David and I need to get a Lumie clock, I’ve heard that they’re great!

3. March 27, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Glad that you enjoyed the street art tour, can’t wait to read your review. I like the sound of the saris as well x

4. Battlemum
    March 27, 2017 / 7:20 pm

The street art exhibition sounds great. I wish there was something like that close by to me. You’ve reminded me that I need to get a shift on and start organising our clothes for our own forthcoming holiday over Easter. We need to book extra baggage and a hotel close to the airport as our flight is quite early in the morning. so thank you!

5. Helen Jacob-Lloyd
    March 27, 2017 / 8:40 pm

Wow what a busy week you’ve had! I’m with you on feeling slightly overwhelmed and stressed at the moment – I’ve found writing many lists has helped 🙂

6. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    March 27, 2017 / 9:03 pm

I wish I could find time to dye my hair, I have a few shiny bits!!

7. March 28, 2017 / 7:15 am

Is that Chiquitos the Tex Mex? That it my favourite restaurant! I’m hoping to see beauty and the Beast, wondering if I can just take my daughter for a girly trip 🙂

8. Mellissa Williams
    March 28, 2017 / 8:16 am

Bill Bailey is really funny. I saw him in Cardiff. He’s slightly eccentric but so brilliant

9. March 28, 2017 / 8:25 am

I am dying to see the new Kong movie as well as beauty and the beast. It’s sounds like you had an awesome week and seeing Craig David perform is certainly a highlight

10. March 28, 2017 / 9:53 am

I love going to the O2 Arena, it’s so much fun. Ah it’s so annoying finding clothes that look nice but doesn’t always suit us!

11. Rhiannon-Skye Boden
    March 28, 2017 / 12:10 pm

I love the dapper Jack Skellington, I was looking at him in Forbidden Planet just a couple of days ago! I hope the hen party goes well! <3

12. Always Carry On.
    March 28, 2017 / 12:29 pm

So excited for your trip to Hawaii! It’s on my bucket list, so will be looking out for that! Boo to the cheese restaurant not being open, fingers crossed for next time x

13. Melanie Edjourian
    March 28, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Interesting to know there is a new cheese restaurant opening but it’s a shame it was closed when you went.

14. March 28, 2017 / 12:45 pm

I would love to watch Craig David. I bet you had a good time.

15. Ickle Pickle
    March 28, 2017 / 6:25 pm

Wow, what a busy week you have had! We saw Beauty and the Beast on Saturday, it is an amazing film. I hope this week is stress free for you! Kaz

16. Sarah L
    March 28, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Gosh, you have been busy! The Sherlock Holmes museum is on my wish list of places I need to visit. Glad you had a lovely time. I really would love to see Beauty & the Beast too, It looks fab, plus it’s my favourite Disney movie.
    I hope the Hen Party goes well. xx

17. Rachel Bee
    March 29, 2017 / 9:07 am

This is such a cute idea! Also Beauty and the Beast is the best!

18. Beautyqueenuk
    March 30, 2017 / 9:15 am

Beauty and the Beast is just amazing, I loved it x

19. March 30, 2017 / 10:04 am

Wow what a week! I need to dye my hair red again – I want it really bright orange this time though 🙂

JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

20. March 30, 2017 / 12:39 pm

You really must go and see Beauty and the Beast – it is stunning! Hope the hen party goes well, despite the last-minute stress it’s caused xx

21. FussFreeJen
    March 30, 2017 / 1:13 pm

Busy is as busy does. How did the sari’s go? I’ve worn them before and had to do a demonstration for a school once, which was amusing. All that material, but looks amazing once on. Love Indian dress.

22. Sarahjane
    March 31, 2017 / 10:23 am

I love the Sherlock Holmes museum, I went a few years back when I spent a few days in London! Sorry to hear your friend lost their job 🙁

23. Sarah D
    March 31, 2017 / 4:25 pm

oooh, didn’t realize Moz was due next week – I’ll be checking that too!

24. April 2, 2017 / 6:38 pm

Love reading your round ups. I think sari’s are so gorgeous and I bet it was hard to choose one. Hawaii? That sounds so amazing! x