Five Things – Week 84

Five Things – Week 84

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Monday evening I headed into Camden for my next laser appointment and thankfully the treatment seems to be going really well.
  • Tuesday evening saw me and my other half head into London to see Foo Fighters play a special one off O2 Arena show and it was incredible. We ended up leaving a little early as the band played for 3 hours but everything about it was amazing.
  • On Wednesday Kingsmen came out at the cinema so after a cheeky treat at Chiquito’s me and my other half headed off to see the movie and I was really impressed at how good it was considering how much I loved the first movie.
  • On Thursday I headed to Islington Assembly Halls to see The Lounge Kittens play alongside an unusual set from Jaret Reddick from Bowling For Soup. The whole night was so much fun and it was nice to see something a bit different.
  • On Saturday I headed down to Portsmouth with some of my friends to see another friend who lives down there and we had a fun time exploring, meeting her kittens, playing mini golf and enjoying the sunshine on the beach.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I placed a Lush order online to snap up some of the Halloween/ Christmas range. Normally I’d go into the store but my local one is closed for a refurb so I thought I’d treat myself to a cheeky order.
  • I finally started using the products I bought from The Ordinary skincare and beauty range and overall I’ve been pretty impressed but there’s been one item I think has been overhyped, but you can expect a full post on that soon.
  • I bought my Dr Martens lite and I am so excited to get them through. I’ve tried so long to break in my old Dr Martens and it’s been tough so I can’t wait to get these through.
  • Ahead of some friends coming round I managed to have a bit of a clean of my flat and I am very happy with how it’s looking.
  • My Christmas gift guides are slowly starting to take shape and I am so excited about some of the products I’m going to be sharing.

dr martens

Five Four Things Which Sucked

• There were issues with the trains coming from Euston on Monday evening so I was stuck on a really busy train listening to moody middle-aged men complaining.
  • This week I have had so many late nights that I have struggled to get up early any morning and it has really affected how productive I’ve been at work.
  • The past week I’ve started to suffer quite badly from a cold, at the moment I’m all bunged up and it sucks.
  • I’ve been really bad with eating out this week and I’ve barely been at home to make any home-cooked meals. I’m looking forward to getting back into cooking as I really enjoy it.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Keep an eye out for any announcements about the Boots advent calendar which should be coming out. I’m not sure which one I want to get this year but the Boots one seems like a contender.
  • Get back into aqua aerobics now my parents are back from holiday and I can head there with my mum. It’s going to be nice to get back into a routine again.
  • Book our train from Venice to Rome which is the final thing we need to sort out for our holiday in November.
  • Sort out some stuff to leave at my other halves as I’ll be spending more time at his from next weekend as he has to cat sit for two weeks.
  • Sort out somewhere cool to eat when I head in to London next weekend to cross the Tower of London off my bucket list.
What have you been up to this week?

*This post was written in collaboration with Lyst but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. Emma Lofthouse-Burch
    September 24, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Ah I am so jealous you saw the Foo Fighters I was saying to my husband last night I would love to see them live. It sounds like you have had a really busy week x

2. September 24, 2017 / 8:45 pm

My local Lush is closed for a refurbishment too. I would order online but part f the joy for me is touching and sniffing everything instore! It has been a good week here too and I started decluttering – probably going to take till Christmas to achieve it but I have started and feel better for it.

3. September 24, 2017 / 9:58 pm

I am so jealous of The Foos! That must have been incredible. I am desperate to see them live and I think is it prettt impressed by how long they play – you really get your money’s worth!!!

4. September 24, 2017 / 11:56 pm

The on thing I have NOT done yet, is go to a live rock concert. When I was younger, I always wanted to go to a Bon Jovi or U2 concert when they came to the UK. I guess there is still time to see a concert some time soon. Hope you have a lot fun packed week ahead of you.

Thanks for Sharing
    John M

5. September 25, 2017 / 9:33 am

Oh I love this idea for a post, I will definitely be copying if that’s ok! You reminded me to check out the lush Halloween releases too!

6. September 25, 2017 / 10:08 am

Sounds like another busy week! Jealous that you went to the Foos and can’t wait to see your Christmas gift guides

7. September 25, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Reading your blogs always reminds me what my life was like pre-children I’m glad your laser treatment is going well. I too have bought products from The Ordinary x

8. Joanna
    September 25, 2017 / 3:51 pm

I have the same issues with the trains. I am going to Italy on Sunday and there are no trains from my town to Gatwick (usually there is one every half an hour). I have to go through London by bus and lose half a day….

9. September 25, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Yay to Foo Fighters and Yay to new Docs! Sounds like a great week all around!

10. hannah Wood
    September 25, 2017 / 5:46 pm

Foo Fighters just love them seen them a few times and always so good. Gosh dont talk about Lush I spend too much in that store and online lol 🙂

11. September 25, 2017 / 6:53 pm

I’ve been wondering about getting some Dr Martins for winter, are they good at supporting your feet?

• Rhian Westbury
      Author
      September 26, 2017 / 9:23 am

I find them very supportive, and the lite ones don’t need to be broken in much either x

12. September 25, 2017 / 6:55 pm

Oh I love Portsmouth, I hope that you had a good time! Also how were the Foo Fighters, I bet they were epic? x

13. September 25, 2017 / 8:17 pm

You had a fun-filled week. Hope You are much better now from the cold..xx

14. September 25, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Oooh, I love this idea for a post! 🙂 I also love the Foo Fighters! I saw them once in 2003/2004. I can’t remember when exactly but they have an incredible stage presence don’t they?

15. September 25, 2017 / 9:19 pm

You seem to have a packed week. I wanted to go and see Kingsmen then I realised it was a sequel so need to see the first one before I see this one. I’ve heard it’s very good.

16. September 25, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Foo Fighters for three hours would have been an amazing experience! Hope you feel better soon.

17. September 25, 2017 / 10:27 pm

Dr Martin’s are deffo a blast from the past I remember buying these for school

18. September 25, 2017 / 10:33 pm

You always have such busy weeks! I would love to see the foo fighters, super jealous here! Hope you feel better soon. xx

19. September 26, 2017 / 5:52 am

Apart from the cold you seemed to have had a packed with full of goodies with the other half and friends

20. Susan R
    September 26, 2017 / 8:10 am

I’d be interested in seeing Kingsmen – is it violent as I tend to avoid films like that? I’ve got some products from The Ordinary too, looking forward to seeing your review

21. September 26, 2017 / 1:08 pm

I saw Kingsman 2 and thought it was really good apart from ONE scene ( can you guess which?), but other than that it was really funny 🙂

22. September 26, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Sounds like you had a productive week. I’ve checked out Lush for the Halloween/ Christmas range and I was totally hooked on those unique looking bath bombs.

23. September 26, 2017 / 7:28 pm

As you know I am a huge fan of your five things. I can’t wait to see the 2nd Kingsmen film now – I also loved the first x

24. September 26, 2017 / 9:49 pm

This week I have been working a lot since I am a full-time blogger but it has been a really good week!

25. September 26, 2017 / 9:54 pm

So exciting that you got new Docs – I love them and really need to get myself a new pair!

26. Dannii
    September 27, 2017 / 11:04 am

I am so jealous that you saw the foo fighters – I have still never seen them. I can’t believe they played for 3 hours too. Total value for money.

27. September 27, 2017 / 12:53 pm

We love visiting Portsmouth and need to break in our Docs too. Sounds like a jam packed week!

28. Zena's Suitcase
    September 27, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Colds definitely suck so I hope you are feeling better soon. The Kingsmen looks like a fab film, I think we will be going to see that too

29. Helen
    September 27, 2017 / 7:40 pm

It sounds like you’ve had a great week over all. I’m so jealous you were at the Foo Fighters gig and of your lush order too! I hope you’re feeling better now and get everything on this weeks list done.

30. Sarah Ann
    September 27, 2017 / 9:21 pm

I’m so jealous – I love the Foo Fighters. And I’ve also made my Lush list of some bits and pieces I want to order from their new ranges – so excited.

31. September 27, 2017 / 10:08 pm

To see the Foo fighters ooh so would have loved that! Wish I had known you were down near me I would have loved to have met up hun x x

32. September 27, 2017 / 11:06 pm

Wow another busy week! I’m waiting for news of the Boots advent calendar too, although I had the M&S one last year and loved it.

33. September 29, 2017 / 12:29 pm

I like the look of this woolen dream catcher 😉
    An order from Lush can make me very excited!

34. October 4, 2017 / 11:20 am

I love that you only had 4 things that sucked this week, that’s always good to hear 🙂 and though eating out a lot is bad for finances (and health sometimes), at least you had fun when eating out, which is a positive 🙂 the train problems also affected me, so I agree with you on the suckiness of that one haha! x

35. Holly
    October 5, 2017 / 9:47 am

I wish I could have a bath purely so I can shop at lush more often haha brilliant post!

Holly x