This week’s five things post is a culmination of two weeks worth of activities as for five days in the middle I was in New York so enjoy finding out what I’ve been up to over the past two weeks which has been a pretty busy time.
Five Eight Things I Did Over The Past Two Weeks
- On Monday before I went away I went round one of my friend’s houses and we had a lovely catch up, epic feast and played some games.
- Wednesday evening saw me and Luke head to the O2 Arena to see Elbow. Now they’re not usually a band I’d go and see but I’m keen to see new things and I have to admit the show was really good.
- On Thursday I had a half day at work as we headed over to Gatwick airport to stay in the Hilton Hotel before our very early flight to New York.
- For the next five days, I was in New York where I had an amazing time showing Luke around for his first time and just generally rediscovering aspects of my favourite city.
- As we didn’t get back until about 130am I had Wednesday off work to catch up, unpack, do some washing and generally feel a bit more like a human being again after the travelling.
- Wednesday evening ended with an incredible meal at the Hand and Flower in Marlow with Luke and his parent’s for his birthday. The whole meal was incredible and it’s my first time eating in a two Michelin star restaurant.
- During the day on Saturday, I made a trip into St Albans with my mum to have a belated birthday meal with her as I was away for her birthday and then we had a nice wander around the shops.
- Saturday ended with me and Luke going to see Feeder who played at Brixton Academy. Again another band I’d never seen before and I can now cross off my bucket list.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I found a new love for Ice Hockey after going to a New York Rangers match while in New York. For once the sport kept me interested and I absolutely loved it from start to finish.
- I had quite a few invoices clear just after I came back from holiday which has come at a great time for me as I am changing jobs in a week and it means I know I won’t be short at any time.
- Boots got back their amazing Clinique gift with purchases so I bought the two items that I had planned to get and have loads of awesome treats to try out.
- I managed to schedule my Instagram and some other social media in advance which means I am sorted for the next few weeks while I start my new job,
- We managed to start watching Jessica Jones and I am really getting into the new series.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I started using Google Adsense on my blog and I’m struggling a little with getting the right ads to appear in the right places so I need to spend some more time looking into it.
- Although I loved seeing Feeder on Saturday I was gutted to have missed All Time Low play at Alexandra Palace as they played two sets which included their first album in full and then a normal set as well.
- I didn’t make it to Slimming World last week either so I am very worried about how this week will have gone seeing as I’ve been on holiday and just not been as on it as I should have been.
- Me and some friends had hoped to play badminton this week but everywhere seemed to be fully booked so we’ve not been able to book a court which is a shame.
- I had hoped to have a bit more me time on Sunday and do something off screens such as building some lego or doing some of my craft projects but the day just disappeared in front of my eyes. Although I did manage to have a bath which was a major win.
Five Things To Do This Week
- Get ahead of as much content and social media for my blog as I can before starting my new job.
- Start trying out and using as many of the new skincare and makeup products that I bought in New York as I can.
- Upload more items to eBay to continue to sort out all of my clothes and shoes which I no longer need.
- Plan a few things to do in London on my day off on Thursday.
- Continue watching Jessica Jones and get through a bit more of the series.
What have you been up to this week?