Ways To Stay Intimate For Valentines Day

Ways To Stay Intimate For Valentines Day

Views on Valentines Day are generally pretty polarized, some people embrace it and go all out with presents and activities, whereas some couples decide not to buy into the day and think it’s all a load of a marketing ploy to make you spend money.

While I do agree that people shouldn’t be encouraged to display their feelings on Valentines Day as showing how much you love and care for someone should happen all the time, but it is a nice excuse to spend some quality time together.

Too many couples get into bad habits and don’t spend enough quality time together, this could be due to long stressful jobs or having children. Regardless of whether you’ve been together a few month’s, a few years or a few decade’s dating and spending proper time with your partner is so important when it comes to preserving your relationship.

Intimacy is something which is inherently important within relationships and this doesn’t always have to be sex, it can be a feeling of closeness or togetherness and is different from each couple and each relationship.

With the rise of subscription boxes, there’s now plenty of ‘date night’ or ‘couple’ boxes and Love Drop* are the perfect one to spice up your Valentines Day as it’s designed to bring you closer together with your partner through gifts, games, activities and adult toys. The company are aware that a healthy relationship requires time, effort and investment and it can be a challenge to make time for one another and to bring spice to the bedroom.

Included in the box I received was a candle, some Lelo ‘Hex’ condoms, prompt cards, a Lelo vibrator with lube samples and a chocolate bar which didn’t last longer than ten minutes after I took the photos. Included on the prompt cards are some activities and things to try out with your partner and it’s definitely a great way of spicing up things in the bedroom.

Considering the cost of the items in the box is over £90 (excluding samples) the bi-monthly cost of £45 for the box seems pretty reasonable, especially when you can cancel at any point. Because who can put a price on your relationship right?!

Increasing intimacy doesn’t have to be all about sex though, you can create intimacy by just being close to someone which is where the Indigo Herbs Massage Oils* come in because who doesn’t love a good massage?!

I have to admit I actually prefer the fiery spicy scent of Erotic Spice as opposed to the floral, citrus female counterpart but both are very nice and very calming which is what you want for a massage oil. Indigo Herbs are passionate about their ingredients so everything is pure, natural and vegan and they’re not greasy at all like some massage oils.

Depending on how you’re feeling after your massage you may want to make use of the ‘G-Strings to No Strings’ book* even if it’s just for a laugh over the quirky illustrations which put pop culture icons like Kim Kardashian, Darth Vader and Catwomen in playful and suggestive images. The book by Ionna Vautrin is available both online via Amazon and in Urban Outfitters.

Ways To Stay Intimate For Valentines Day

1. January 26, 2018 / 6:42 pm

I am all for a candle and some massage oil, there is nothing like spending some time with your other half.

2. January 26, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Looks like a fab idea and a great gift for couples over the valentines day period x

3. Bethany
    January 26, 2018 / 8:35 pm

Great couples idea, and divine is great chocolate, wouldn’t mind eating that myself tbh lol

4. January 26, 2018 / 8:41 pm

I have this subscription box and absolutely love it. I definitely agree that £45 is a perfectly great price for intimacy.
    C x

5. January 26, 2018 / 8:55 pm

Chocolate and a candle both sound like gifts I would love for Valentine’s Day.

6. January 27, 2018 / 2:26 pm

That seems like a very reasonable price for the box! It is so true that so many couples don’t spend much quality time with one another

7. January 27, 2018 / 4:33 pm

We tend not to do anything for Valentine’s Day as my husband won’t be dictated to by the mass consumer society we live in (sigh!). Wonder if I could sign up for one of these boxes on my own…. 😉

8. January 27, 2018 / 5:32 pm

Some great ideas in this box. I’m not a big valentine’s day person but I do think setting aside quality time is really important and having something to celebrate together always makes it feel special.

9. January 27, 2018 / 10:29 pm

It looks a fabulous subscription box but your chances of using it when you have an 8 year old and a 10 year old are rather slim! No problem with the chocolate though!

10. January 28, 2018 / 12:39 am

My folks have been with each other for nearly 20 years and they tend to show how much they love each other through the year and not just on one particular day. We totally think Valentines day is a marketing ploy which seems to get bigger and bigger each year. My mummy remembers the thrill of getting cards when she was younger though!

11. hannah
    January 28, 2018 / 12:30 pm

That chocolate does look very good. I could eat a bar of it right now

12. January 28, 2018 / 1:10 pm

I think this is a fun way to re-start a relationship as it can lose it’s spark after years together. I love the sound of the massage herb oil, I don’t ind floral citrus smells.

13. January 28, 2018 / 2:08 pm

I agree that Valentine’s Day is a great excuse for spending time with your other half 🙂 This box looks great value too!

14. January 28, 2018 / 5:29 pm

I think Valentines Day is a tad commercial but it is a great way to spend some quality time with the other half , no screens, no phones and no social media!

15. John Milnes
    January 28, 2018 / 5:46 pm

Until I met and married my wife, I never really did anything for valentines day. Until then, I really didn’t have to think about being being more romantic, there was no real need for it in my life. Now, I am reminded that our romance should always be kept alive. especially with Valentines day just around the corner.

Thanks for Sharing

John M

16. January 28, 2018 / 7:50 pm

I love Divine chocolate! We don’t really celebrate Valentines day although maybe we should make a bit of an effort x

17. January 28, 2018 / 9:34 pm

Ooh this looks like a fab idea for valentines! Intimacy isn’t something we get much of these days after 5 kids. Maybe Valentines will be our lucky night!

18. January 28, 2018 / 11:59 pm

Valentines was one of my favorite season and It’s so great spending time with your love one.

19. Dannii
    January 29, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I totally agree with you that whilst we shouldn’t only show someone we love them on one day, it’s nice to make a special effort on one day.

20. January 29, 2018 / 5:20 pm

I have to admit that we don;t celebrate valentines day but do know it is important to spend time with each other – not so easy with kids in the house (especially teens)

21. melissa major
    January 30, 2018 / 11:38 pm

These sound like brilliant gifts for valentines day! I am tempted to get the massage oils; massages are so relaxing