Beauty And Skincare Empties – Part 1

Beauty And Skincare Empties – Part 1

I always love reading people’s empties posts but until now I’ve never thought about doing one myself. Somehow I managed to finish a bunch of products all around the same time so I thought I’d hold onto the packaging ready to do a post with them to talk through whether I’d re-buy them or not. So without further ado here’s the products I’ve finished over the past month.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer -£19.50

Concealers are a staple which I use absolutely everyday but it’s something I’ve not tried an awful lot of, but when you have a few products you love you don’t really need to. The Urban Decay concealer light neutral shade is the best colour match of a base that I’ve ever had and it’s really good at masking over my dark under eye circles so it’s something I was really sad to finish. To be honest it’s done really well lasting and not gone funny or clumpy over the time I’ve had it which I know is technically longer than they tell you to keep products.

Would I buy again? Yes once I’ve finished up some other concealers

Empties Foundation

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Foundation – £33.50

This was probably one of my first blogger influenced purchases as a few years back I saw absolutely everyone using this foundation and it’s now my absolute go to product. It’s claimed to be a really full coverage foundation but I find it perfect for pretty much everyday wear as it gives a fantastic finish without looking too thick or cakey on my skin, it doesn’t cling to any of my dry patches *hoorah* and it lasts all day. There’s not much else I can say about this foundation which hasn’t been said a million times before but it’s actually the only foundation I’ve ever thrown away because it’s finished and not because it’s old/ dried up etc.

Would I buy again? Yes- Already have!

Empties Cleanser And Concealer

Murad Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser – £22.50

I’m pretty bad with a proper skincare routine but I do try to do the old cleanse/ tone/ moisturize as often as I can so I’m always trying out new products in the hope that they work well on my skin. I got this Murad cleanser either as a sample with a beauty box or a magazine subscription offer but I’m going to be honest I’ve never really totally got on with it. I don’t mind cleansers which foam when you add water or massage it onto your face, but this one comes out as foam as soon as you get it out of the tube which is something that I don’t like as I don’t feel that it’s doing very much to my skin.

Would I buy again? No

Empties - Bath and Bodyworks Shower Gel

Warm Vanilla Sugar Shower Gel – $12.50

Around black Friday I placed a HUGE Bath and Bodyworks order as there were some great discounts and I used a mail forwarding site to ship it over so to take advantage I bought a lot of shower gels as I go through them relatively quickly. The Warm Vanilla Sugar was just one of the scents which I chose and while the formula feels really nourishing and hydrating on my skin I wasn’t enamoured by the scent, in fact I could hardly smell anything. I am a huge fan of strong scented shower gels so this was just too plain for me.

Would I buy again? I’d buy more of the brand but not this scent

Empties Shower Gel and Conditioner

Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner – £22

I first started using the Philip Kingsley conditioner after discovering it through Birchbox back when I had a subscription and it was a love affair straight away as no other conditioner left my hair feeling as silky smooth as this one did. You don’t need much of the conditioner to get a soft finish which is always good when you’re spending over £20 on a bottle. Since my first discovery I’ve gone through two bottles and a lot of travel sized bottles too but now I’ve discovered a few more higher end conditioners which I am trying out so despite loving this I won’t be re-purchasing it quite yet.

Would I buy again? Possibly

I always struggle knowing what’s best for my hair as it can get greasy quite quickly but it’s also coloured and lacks hydrating sometimes, but Crown Clinic have created a fab graphic which shows some of the best haircare products for your particular hair type. If you want to check it out click the graphic below.

best haircare

Beauty And Skincare Empties - Part 1

*This post has been written in collaboration with Crown Clinic but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. Jenny
    March 21, 2018 / 2:53 pm

Interesting – I have never thought to sit back and consider what I liked/disliked about the products I use. I am completely boring when it comes to trying new products. I am with you though in preferring those stronger scents!

2. March 21, 2018 / 3:36 pm

I’ve been meaning to try the estee lauder double wear foundation for ages but I’ve always had bad luck with foundations so was a bit put off by the price! Think I just need to bite the bullet and get some!

3. March 21, 2018 / 9:38 pm

I’ve been meaning to try Estee Lauder foundation. I usually use a high street foundation and only ever tried Mac as high end foundationto use on special occasions.

4. March 21, 2018 / 11:48 pm

I definitely need to find the right hair care product as it has changed so much since having kids! This graphic is perfect for me! I should invest in some proper hair serum

5. March 22, 2018 / 7:03 am

I love my Double Wear! I haven’t tried the Urban Decay concealer but it sounds great. I’ll have to see if they do a shade pale enough!

6. March 22, 2018 / 8:20 am

Love this! I’m always trying to experiment with new products, but I can never choose!

7. March 22, 2018 / 1:19 pm

That shower gel sounds incredible! Ester Lauder is such a good brand too, my Mum has always used it and I still remember going for my first Estee Lauder makeover in Boots

8. March 22, 2018 / 2:33 pm

Love it when I find products that work for me. Haven’t tried any of these but might give them a go.

9. March 22, 2018 / 2:42 pm

I’d love to recommend these to my daughter if she’s not aware of them already. She’s a huge fan of make-up and I’m sure she’ll appreciate knowing which products do their job well!

10. March 22, 2018 / 2:51 pm

The Phillip Kingsley conditioner sounds like exactly what my hair could do with at the moment!

11. March 22, 2018 / 2:53 pm

I don’t wear concealer often but when I do the only one I will use is Urban Decay, I really like the formula and how it doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin. I couldn’t get on with Estee Lauder foundation but glad you had a really good experience with them

12. March 22, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Ha.! I thought I was the only one who held onto their cosmetic and skincare emptied containers. Like you I have the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and I love it. I was faithfully using Smashbox 15 hour when this discontinued my shade!! I tested out a few foundations at Sephora and Estee Lauder worked the best for my skin.

I don’t wear concealer because Estee Lauder double wear seems to be it all for me. But I have used and replaced Rimmel’s concealer highlighter combo. I use it as a highlighter only and I like it a lot.

13. March 22, 2018 / 5:22 pm

I’ve heard some really good reviews on the Murad brand, so i’m interested to try it out for myself.

14. March 22, 2018 / 8:21 pm

This vanilla shower sounds so good! Estee Lauder is a classic, isn’t it? I used to have it but I switched to another brand

15. March 22, 2018 / 9:25 pm

It is always nice to read what other people use, and what they think of them. I’m pretty boring when it comes to beauty products, I usually stick to the same things time and time again. So I do like to get a good point of view from a trusted someone else.

16. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    March 23, 2018 / 2:07 am

These look like a great product to try. and this shower gel looks smell good. I love vanilla scent.

17. March 23, 2018 / 3:51 pm

These are all great products! I have been alternating between the Urban Decay concealer and the Nars Creamy Concealer for years and they never fail me. I love to have a few cult products that I always use in my routine.

18. March 26, 2018 / 9:33 pm

I really want to try the Estee Lauder foundation! I just grudge paying the price tag. x