Starting Your Holiday Off Right With Hotel And Parking

Starting Your Holiday Off Right With Hotel And Parking

For me a holiday starts way before your plane lands in your destination, and even before you set foot in the airport on departure. I’ve always been an advocate of extending the holiday experience as much as possible so when it dawned on me that I’d need to be in Gatwick departures at 3am for my flight to New York I knew getting an airport hotel was going to be the best option. If we had driven we’d have had to leave by 1.30am to allow time to drive there, park up and get a shuttle from the car park to the airport.

Thankfully Holiday Extras have plenty of services which are there to help ease everything to do with your holiday which includes meet and greet parking service with Maple Manor alongside your hotel.

Hilton Food Menu

We were booked into the Hilton at Gatwick’s South Terminal which is a 3-minute walk away from the terminal connected by an indoor walkway so there’s no shuttle buses or long walks which at 3am was a huge blessing. Around 20 minutes before we arrived we called the Maple Manor Meet and Greet parking team who sent along a chauffeur to the hotel to meet us, inspect the car and take it away to securely park so we didn’t even have to worry about parking, we just grabbed our bags and checked into the huge hotel.

I don’t think I’ve seen a larger airport hotel than the Gatwick Hilton it was absolutely massive and after a very quick check it we turned around a million and one corridors and finally landed at our room, luggage in tow. The rooms themselves were a great size which is much appreciated when you have your full on holiday luggage, and they were really cosy for somewhere you’re likely to just sleep in.

Hilton Toiletaries

We sat back, relaxed and ordered room service as I wanted to save time and shower while we waited for our food and the bathroom was exactly what I wanted. With a seperate spacious shower cubicle and bath it was a great choice of bathing, and if we had had time I’d definitely have had a bath. There were enough bath essentials that I didn’t need to scramble around in my suitcase to find my toiletries, something you’ll appreciate if you’ve spent ages organizing the cases.

Pretty much the second I got out of the shower and dressed our food arrived and it was dimolished in record time, I don’t think we realised how hungry we were. I opted for grilled chicken breast with vegetables and chips and Luke opted for a hamburger and chips, both of which were completed with garlic bread. The food tasted so fresh and the room service charge of £5 is pretty much standard across the board when ordering to the room.

Hilton Bathroom

Thankfully we nodded off to sleep in no time and it seemed like we had just shut our eyes when my 2.15am alarm rang out in the room to groans, but getting up at that time never feels quite as bad when you’re going on holiday and so our journey to New York began.

Fast forward five quick days and our trip was over far too quickly and we were back in Gatwick airport. A quick call to Maple Manor once we had our luggage saw us head to the Orange short stay car park to reciev our car back. The chauffeur brought the car straight to us so we could just drive out and back home which was so smooth.

Starting Your Holiday Off Right With Hotel And Parking

*We were given a compliementary hotel stay and parking in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

1. March 16, 2018 / 2:16 pm

I have never stayed in a hotel at an airport but it’s such a good idea to be prepared for early flights. It looks like you had a great stay and a relaxed start to your trip!

2. March 16, 2018 / 7:48 pm

Oh my goodness – having your car collected from the hotel sounds so much less stressful than parking and waiting for a shuttle bus (which never seem to come as quickly as promised). What a great idea!

3. March 16, 2018 / 11:41 pm

This sounds like such a great way to start the holiday on the right foot, no worrying about all the little things, no worrying about being late and just having a good nights sleep and food before hand.

4. March 17, 2018 / 10:12 am

I never knew the hotel was there so that’s great to know for the future. And the parking system sounds so much easier then he usual faff we end up having to do.

5. March 17, 2018 / 1:37 pm

I need to book something like this soon at Gatwick so this has been really handy, thanks for the recommendation! That burger looks lovely too. Before I had kids, my husband and I used to have a little tradition that our holiday started as soon as we finished work that day. We would pack then go for a really nice meal somewhere! Nowadays it’s a bit more frantic! 😀

6. Bee Nai
    March 17, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Airport hotel stays are so handy! Nothing like a bit of room service either – relaxing before the stress of jetting off is a sure fire way to get your holiday off on a good start

7. March 17, 2018 / 10:16 pm

Airport Hotels are so great as you get better sleep compared to sleeping in the airport itself and the room services looks great as well.

8. March 18, 2018 / 12:08 pm

Ah Airport hotels can be great and it seems like they make a big difference. Glad everything was really smooth sailing.

9. Dannii
    March 19, 2018 / 9:03 am

I think if you hve a really early flight then an airport hotel is a good idea so you aren’t rushed.

10. March 19, 2018 / 9:24 am

We stayed at Travelodge before heading to Lisbon but it was a disaster as there was a school of teenagers on our floor and they spent the whole night running up and down the corridors screaming…….sounds like your stay was much better

11. March 19, 2018 / 10:52 am

I’ve never stayed in an airport hotel before, but it sounds like a very hand and sensible thing to do! I hate having to rush to the airport.

12. March 19, 2018 / 11:47 am

I definitely agree with extending the holiday experience as much as possible.. Our holiday begins as soon as we’ve packed the car. This looks like a great idea though. How many can the rooms sleep?

13. March 19, 2018 / 1:39 pm

This looks like a great way to start your holiday! We have done parking at a hotel before a flight before and it was so easy, we’d definitely do it again.

14. March 19, 2018 / 2:07 pm

Oo room service looks really tasty! Starting your holiday off well is so important 🙂

15. March 19, 2018 / 5:05 pm

Totally with you on extending the holiday experience. B and I went to Spain for Christmas as our flight was 6am. With a 2 year old, staying at an airport hotel was the only sensible option! We had a real adventure and he loved it! Hope the rest of your holiday was amazing, too!

Kat x

16. March 19, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I’ve used Maple Manor a few times, and definitely recommend them. For me though, because I live so close to Heathrow and Gatwick, there’s not much point in me staying over if I have an early flight – I completely get why some people would though x

17. March 19, 2018 / 7:52 pm

I love that they park your car for you so you don’t have to worry about getting up early enough to do that, you can just focus on your flight. The room and the food both look really good, I have never thought of staying in a hotel before going on holiday, I just always have the horror of making my way there at the early hours, such a good idea

18. March 19, 2018 / 11:00 pm

We live three hours from most of the big London airports and have found it so much easier to book a hotel when we have early flights. I love the sound of the chauffeur taking and returning your car. Little things like that make such a difference.

19. March 20, 2018 / 10:30 pm

I also hate getting up In the middle of the night. We live 4minutes away from Gatwick though so don’t think I can get away with an overnight stay!

20. March 25, 2018 / 6:37 pm

Well this looks amazing – I’ve never thought to stay in an airport hotel but it makes so much sense. Such a nice relaxing way to start a holiday!!