Festivals And Pop Shows – June Music Update

Festivals And Pop Shows – June Music Update
Photo taken by Matt Higgs

Most years I find June is a pretty quiet month other than Download Festival but strangely enough this year it’s been pretty busy, although I guess that’s because there have been a few pop shows as opposed to rock stuff.

The month started with my annual pilgrimage to Donnington Park for Download Festival and I had such a great time at the festival. This is my 10th time at Download as I’ve been every year since 2009 and it really feels like home to me. I decided to stay in a hotel again this time around with a friend, but this time we arrived on Thursday evening which was so much nicer compared to last year when we arrived Friday morning and had a stressful entrance to site. I saw quite a lot of music over the three days but my highlights included Bury Tomorrow, You Me At Six, The Fever 333 and Alexisonfire.

On Thursday 14th June I headed to Wembley Arena with Luke to see the Game of Thrones Experience which was the Philharmonic orchestra and some additional musicians playing music from the series alongside snippets of the show being played. It was such a great evening and having the imagery really made the hairs on my arms stand up as it was so atmospheric.

Taylor Swift at Wembley Stadium

Just a few days later on Saturday 16th June I headed back to Wembley but this time to the Stadium for Ed Sheeran. I’ve been waiting for this show for almost a year now and it did not disappoint. I finally got to see Jamie Lawson and I saw Ann- Marie for the first time who was pretty amazing. The whole stage set up for Ed was great and he played enough older songs that I knew which was good as I’m not too familiar with his latest album.

My final show of the month was Taylor Swift at Wembley Stadium on Friday 22nd June which is  show I have been waiting absolutely ages for. Taylor has been on my wishlist of artists to see for quite a while and the show did not dissapoint. The show itself was crazy with such a great stage setup like her giant snakes and her carriages which brought her from the main stage to the centre. This show was definitely up there with my favourites.

Festivals And Pop Shows - June Music Update

1. July 4, 2018 / 4:45 pm

Woweee! You’ve been spoilt for choice! We would have loved to have seen the Philharmonic orchestra in action!

2. July 6, 2018 / 10:54 am

Wow what an amazing mix of shows you have been to see! Super jealous that you went to Download and to see Ed!

3. July 7, 2018 / 6:35 pm

I saw Ed on his arena tour and he was amazing. Gutted I didn’t see him at a stadium

4. July 8, 2018 / 6:15 am

You’ve been occupied last month with live events. I’d love to be able to do that often but my job is too unpredictable. I heard that Taylor was at Wembley and quite proud of the girl that she filled that stadium!

5. July 8, 2018 / 9:12 am

Oh, wow! I’d love to see Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift. They’re both amazing artists. My 14-year-old daughter is a big fan of Ann-Marie as well. She has some catchy songs to be fair 🙂

Louise x

6. July 8, 2018 / 8:48 pm

I bet Taylor Swift is great live but the Game of Thrones Experience with the Philharmonic orchestra sounds absoutely amazing, definitely on my wish list.

7. July 9, 2018 / 9:31 am

I would love to go and see Ed Sheeran too, he is one of our favourite singers! Love his songs!

8. Edwin at Regular Daddy
    July 9, 2018 / 3:17 pm

So crazyy to see that stadium full of people. What a crowd! That should be a crazy day out!! I love music festival..

9. Lynne
    July 9, 2018 / 4:31 pm

You have had the best time lately gig wise. Super jealous about Ed and download looked amazing as usual x

10. July 9, 2018 / 6:25 pm

I must say I’m rather jealous, I don’t really get to gigs much since I prefer live comedy and musical theatre. But I really wish I had been able to see Ed Sheeran.

11. July 9, 2018 / 7:21 pm

I bet Ed Sheeran was amazzzinggggg live! I have been wanting to see him live for years now, so gutted that I missed out! I saw Beyonce and Jay-Z just over a month ago and they were so good, literally can’t beat a concert can you?

12. Ann Snook
    July 9, 2018 / 10:31 pm

Music festivals are such a fun summer activity. Although I’m super short so I can never see the stage LOL.

13. July 10, 2018 / 1:33 am

You just can’t beat a live event like this. Nothing is better than seeing it live and experiencing the atmosphere first hand. I wish I had more opportunities to attend these types of concerts.

14. Geraline Batarra
    July 10, 2018 / 3:05 am

Wow! This event looks like a great one and it looks like a lot of fun. I am so envious that you are able to see them in this one event.

15. Elizabeth O
    July 10, 2018 / 9:42 pm

Wow what a great month of gigs and shows you got to see during June. I bet Ed Sheeran was really amazing! I hope you had the best time at every show you attended.

16. July 10, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Oh wow I am so jealous! I would love to see Ed Sheeran, he is by far my favourite artist and I havent yet managed to see him live. Great show!

17. July 11, 2018 / 7:59 pm

oh my goodness, I am so jealous, you had the opportunity to view all these amazing shows

18. July 12, 2018 / 4:13 pm

Looks like you went to some amazing shows. So awesome. My daughter probably would have liked the Taylor Swift one, but I would definitely be interested in the Game of Throne experience. I know you you would have goosebumps.

19. July 14, 2018 / 5:59 pm

I love concerts, live music the best!!! I would love to see Ed Sheeran some day soon.Lucky you

20. July 14, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Super jealous of everything that you been treated to! Love concerts and music and especially love Ed Sheeran!