Five Things – Week 129

Five Things – Week 129

Five Things I Did Last Week

• On Monday I had a nice evening in while Luke was out so I managed to catch up on a few bits and pieces at home and I finished another season of The Great British Bake Off.
  • On Wednesday I worked in our London office for the day and met my friend for lunch at Rudy’s Vegan Diner and the food was so good. If I didn’t know it was vegan I wouldn’t have questioned it.
  • Later on Wednesday evening I met Luke and ticked Bird off my London restaurant list before we headed to Islington Academy to see The Fever 333 who were incredible.
  • On Saturday I had a good relaxing day at home including getting my hair redyed and I am so happy with how bright it looks.
  • On Sunday me and Luke headed down to Portsmouth to Victorious Festival. Sadly the day was a bit of a washout with the weather but we saw a few great bands while we were there.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I’ve got tickets to go to Thorpe Park next month and I am so excited to head there as me and Luke have never done a theme park together and it’s been an age since I’ve been to Thorpe Park.
  • I have put together a full budget plan for September and as long as I stick to it I think i’ll be in a better position to save money which is great.
  • I’ve started to clear out my kitchen cupboards and I’ve managed to put a lot of stuff which was out on my worksurfaces into cupboards meaning I have a lot of extra space out.
  • I’ve now managed to some research into areas for houses and we have quite a list of locations looking at the distance from my work and travel into London. It’s still a while away but it gives us a good base.
  • Bring Me The Horizon have released a new track which I absolutely love and they’ve announced a UK tour which I’ll be grabbing tickets or next week.

me at victorious festival in the rain

Five Things Which Sucked

• I ordered some things to my US PO Box to be shipped over and the cost of postage was a lot more than I had originally thought but I have to ship them as I’ve already paid for the items.
  • We were due to go back to Aqua Aerobics this week but unfortunately my mum wasn’t well enough to go so we’re going to go next week.
  • My Dr Martens got so muddy at Victorious Festival and I am dreading cleaning them off.
  • I am a bit gutted that I didn’t make it to Reading Festival at all this year as the line up was better than I originally remember seeing when I made the decision not to go. Especially as Bring Me did a secret set on Friday.
  • We were meant to go out for dinner with my family on Saturday night but Luke had a bad day at work so we decided to stay in and have a chilled one.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Add more things to eBay so I can try and get rid of a lot of my clothes before we do the next phase of clearing out.
  • Enjoy my bank holiday and take at least part of the day out for some self-care including having a bath and face mask and watching a movie.
  • I know I say it every week but lose some weight at Slimming World. I am determined to make better choices and I have a good feeling about this week.
  • Buy a new laptop bag when I get paid. I’ve seen some beautiful ones on Typo which I am keen on so I think it will be one of these.
  • Pay off my Treatbox Advent Calendar which I pre-ordered a few months back.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 129

1. August 28, 2018 / 10:41 am

I think I am jinxed with festivals this year, both Friday and Sunday were very wet at Victorious, luckily we were there Saturday too, which made up for it a bit

2. August 28, 2018 / 1:18 pm

I’m gutted I missed Reading this year too! I think Boomtown was better than what Reading would have been (just because there was so much going on and more immersive) but I am sad I missed Reading. I really wanted to see Post Malone too! But I’m not even sure he played in the end regarding the plane thing, did he? x

3. August 28, 2018 / 7:12 pm

I had a fun week too, except some messing up of plans at weekend, overall my week was good. Wish you a great week ahead.

4. August 29, 2018 / 7:26 am

That seems like a fun week you had. I too plan so many things but either they don’t work out or I just procrastinate!

5. August 29, 2018 / 7:51 am

I love these type of posts! My week has been pretty productive and has been going decent so far, so I can’t complain. 🙂

6. August 29, 2018 / 12:29 pm

I’m about to start a big ebay clear out! Rudy’s vegan diner sounds delicious.

7. Elizabeth O
    August 29, 2018 / 1:09 pm

It sounds like you had a really good week. I hope you had a lot of fun at the festival. Good luck for the next week I hope you smash you goals!

8. Geraline Batarra
    August 29, 2018 / 4:22 pm

Nice post and it looks like you really had busy and fun week. As I can see that you also busy it this coming week and I hope you hit your goals.

9. Jennifer Prince
    August 29, 2018 / 5:56 pm

Great job on organizing and cleaning out cabinets. I need to do that, too, along with also coming up with a stable budget!

10. Jem
    August 30, 2018 / 3:55 am

I’ve got some cupboards that need organising too, bu never seem to get around to it.

11. August 30, 2018 / 7:51 am

What sucked about this week is that we missed our gym schedules due to conflict with our son’s school activities. But we are determined to make it up next week.

12. August 30, 2018 / 11:41 am

I love Thorpe Park, have fun when you go! You have done so well with budgeting and organising this week

13. August 30, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Rudy’s Vegan Diner is the best, isn’t it? Their mac ‘n’ cheese is my go to comfort food!

14. August 30, 2018 / 7:39 pm

Sounds like a busy week! We’ve never been to Thorpe Park but in all honesty it’s a bit far for us

15. August 30, 2018 / 9:01 pm

Overall it sounds like you’ve had an amazing week! Have fun at Thorpe Park, I LOVE IT there!

16. chichi
    August 31, 2018 / 10:59 am

I love eating at Bird, some pamper time with hair and beauty always brightens up the mood.

17. September 4, 2018 / 9:53 pm

Sounds like a great week! We’ve never been to Thorpe Park but it’s on our list of places to visit!

18. Clarice Lao / Camping for Women
    September 17, 2018 / 8:19 am

Having a monthly budget plan is a wonderful idea. I will try to make one for October and hopefully, I would be able to strictly follow it. We’ve been trying to save funds so, we can start investing in real estate.