Celebrating Spice Girls Fever At The SpiceUp Exhibition

Celebrating Spice Girls Fever At The SpiceUp Exhibition

*I was offered two tickets to the SPICEUP exhibition in exchange for
an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own

A few months back I remember seeing images all over social media from the SpiceUp Spice Girls Exhibition and by the time I realized I wanted to go it had finished its stay in London and I was gutted. So imagine my excitement when I learnt that it was touring and coming to Watford, you can’t get much better than that.

Outfits from the spice girls exhibition

SPICEUP itself is the biggest touring exhibition of Spice Girls memorabilia in the world and is the brain child of Alan Smith- Allison who started collecting items from the 5-piece when he was just 15 year’s old. In the exhibition there are items from all over the world including merchandise, CD’s, movie posters and most importantly costumes the girls wore in videos/ performances etc.

There are some pretty iconic pieces of costume in there including Geri’s union jack platform boots and Victoria Beckham’s classic little black dress from the Wannabe days. It runs right up to their Olympic closing ceremony in 2012 and items from the girls solo careers after the band officially split in 2000.

Me at the Spice Girls Exhibition

Alongside the actual pieces there’s a lot of information about the band’s time and around their music and timeline which was so interesting to read. No one can deny how massive Spice Girls were but seeing and reading it in the flesh makes you realize how huge they were, and even their solo careers were bigger than a lot of current day artists.

Ginger Spice - Spice Girls Exhibition

While the physical space itself might not quite match up to what there was in London there’s still pretty much all the memorabilia inside so you don’t miss out. Considering Geri was born and went to school in Watford it makes complete sense to have the exhibition pay a visit to the town and it’s such a nice way to spend an hour walking around and getting a piece of musical history. I absolutely loved going round and reminiscing about which Spice Girl I’d dress up as a kid – I was usually whatever was left over which was usually Sporty – and looking at which items I once owned.

Celebrating Spice Girls Fever At The SpiceUp Exhibition

1. November 29, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Ha! I am sure this exhibition is every Spice Girl fans DREAM!!

2. November 29, 2018 / 4:33 pm

This sounds like the most amazing exhibition for Spice Girls fans! They seem to have really come back with a bang since announcing their new tour! I remember friends being huge fans as well when they were younger so this would be right up there street.

3. November 29, 2018 / 7:51 pm

I absolutely refuse to believe that the Spice Girls were long enough ago To actually merit and exhibition like this. It looks like a great time, but you still made me feel so old!

4. November 29, 2018 / 8:17 pm

I love exhibitions like this, especially when they have clothes that they have worn, which has always been a huge interest of mine

5. November 29, 2018 / 9:33 pm

Oh I love this! I loved the spice girls back in the day! I saw them live when I was 16 and they were amazing!

6. November 30, 2018 / 1:22 am

The exhibition looks so cool and how awesome that you got the chance to go. I liked the Spice Girls when I was younger. My favorite song by them was Wannabe. I still jam out to that one sometimes.

7. November 30, 2018 / 8:25 am

Currently it is all Spice Girls fever again. Looks like you had a fab time at the exhibition xx

8. December 1, 2018 / 11:07 am

I’ll be honest I was never a spice girl fan. I think it’s cold for those who were though and being able to relive iconic moments through the exhibition and learning more about their background and thoughts through those career

9. December 1, 2018 / 11:31 am

Oh my gosh, my cousin would have loved this, she was the biggest Spice Girls fan I ever knew x

10. December 1, 2018 / 10:40 pm

This looks quite awesome. My girls were huge fans of the spice girls when they were in their prime.

11. Everything beautiful
    December 2, 2018 / 1:11 am

The exhibition look so great, I love that it has outfits too. You are so lucky to get to attended and thank you for sharing it. I loved reading all of it.

12. December 2, 2018 / 7:53 am

I love the Spice Girls I would have loved to have visited this. Do you have tickets for their tour next year? I queued online for 2 hours and got some, I cannot wait.

13. Andrea
    December 2, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I love the Spice Girls! I remember trying to dress like them for school. Thank you for sharing this. I heard they were getting back together. I wonder if this is true.

14. December 2, 2018 / 7:22 pm

This looks like such a fun exhibition! I love the Spice Girls

15. Ruth I
    December 3, 2018 / 4:53 pm

That is so cool! My cousins are so into Spice Girls. They will be thrilled when they see this!

16. Hannah Marie
    December 3, 2018 / 5:06 pm

I bet it was amazing to see all of those things! I’d love to see it myself, Spice Girls feveeeeer!

17. Elizabeth O
    December 3, 2018 / 8:00 pm

It is pretty amazing that they have all this paraphernalia rom those hurrah days of the Spice Girls global dominance.It all looks good.