Eight Places I Want To Visit In My Lifetime

Eight Places I Want To Visit In My Lifetime

This is a collaborative post but all thoughts and opinions are my own

After our holiday for Luke’s 30th next March we’re on a bit of a holiday ban as it will all be about saving and house related stuff and although this makes me sad as I hate not having holidays booked I know it’s for the best and we’ll have something truly amazing at the end of it.

Despite having nothing booked it doesn’t stop me from dreaming and planning my future trips. As I know I’m going to fail some of my trips in my 30 before 30, here are just some trips I want to do at some point in my lifetime.

India

Back in sixth form there was a religious studies trip heading to India and I was so excited that I would get to see the Taj Mahal and just experience somewhere so different from home. Unfortunately it ended up just me and my friends signing up and there wasn’t enough people interested so it got cancelled and ever since then it’s somewhere I’ve been yearning to go to. I’d love to travel around the country and visit loads of different places as stories my friends have told show how different the country is from hotels in dalhousie to major cities like Delhi. When I do head there I think I’ll do it as part of a tour as I wouldn’t know where to start travelling on my own.

Reykjavik

This is probably my absolute number one bucket list destination. I was hoping to head here are my 30th birthday trip as January is a great time to *hopefully* see the Northern Lights, but we’re going to have to delay it by 1-2 year’s just due to house savings. There’s so much I want to do in Reykjavik and Iceland in general from Whale Watching and Glacier hunting to the Northern Lights tour, and I’d love to stay in a glass igloo/ bubble out in the middle of nowhere if we get the chance. There’s a lot to do there and I think a good 5 day holiday would be pretty great for this.

Bali

Last year I had a trip booked for September to head to Bali for 2 weeks but ended up postponing it as it used up the last of my limited holiday and left me with nothing for my friend’s wedding weekend and some other smaller trips that I had planned. Sadly I never re-booked the trip as money and holiday got in the way, plus it wasn’t a tour which Luke was fussed about and although I don’t mind the idea of going without him I’d rather go with. I know there are some aspects that he would enjoy so I would love to head there in the future and plan the trip ourselves.

Barcelona

I can’t believe I’ve been to Europe so many times but never headed to Barcelona. Every time I see people’s Instagram images and photos of the city I get so jealous as I love the colours surrounding the city plus it has that great contrast between the interesting city and the beaches where you can take a dip in the sea. Me and Luke did find a pretty amazing hotel here so I think this might be one for a future anniversary trip away.

Edinburgh Zoo Tiger

African Safari

I have said so many times to people and on this blog that I want to do an African Safari. I am really not that bothered where about’s but somewhere we can do game drives and see animals out in the wild as opposed to in a zoo. I would love to go to some animal sanctuary’s as well to spend time with the animals as you can do keeper for a day experiences in the UK but it’s not quite the same. An elephant sanctuary would be really fun as I’ve spoken to people who have had great experiences with the animals.

Royal Caribbean Cruise

Pre-2017 a cruise wouldn’t have even been on my radar but Luke’s parents have been on a few and absolutely loved them and I have to admit looking at the layout of the boats and what you can do on a cruise I’m starting to change my mind on it. I really like the idea of going to sleep and waking up in a new place with a day to explore then you’re off somewhere else. This would give me a nice little taster of the places and help me decide where I want to go back to, or confuse things further when I want to go back to everywhere. I would love to do a Caribbean island cruise but these are quite pricey as you then need to fly to the East Coast of America, but there are plenty of European one’s which look great too.

Orlando and Disney world

I am a huge Disney fan and as my parents weren’t theme park fans we never even thought of going to Disney World when I was a kid, in all honesty we only went to America for the first time when I was 17 and that probably wasn’t the right age to be going to Disney. I am a huge child and would love to go over Halloween and early November so I could see the place dressed up for Halloween with all the Nightmare before Christmas stuff, but then also see it transition into Christmas and start feeling all festive. There are loads of other theme parks, water parks and attractions around I’d love to do but I know this would be a pretty big 2 week holiday and a pretty expensive one at that.

New Zealand

There’s something about New Zealand which really appeals to me, so much more so than Australia to be honest. Firstly it’s where some of Lord of the Rings was filmed and you can do movie tours from the films, this is something both me and Luke would love to do. I have family who live in New Zealand so I know they could help with things to do and showing us the best of the area. There’s so much nature in New Zealand and I’d love to do walks and hikes and just spend time outdoors as it’s something I don’t do enough of here. There’s also plenty of adrenaline activities I’d love to do such as skydiving and shark cage diving plus it’s another place which is warm in November- February so I can go outside of the traditional English summer.

Where is on your ultimate bucket list?

Eight Places I Want To Visit In My Lifetime

1. November 13, 2018 / 12:32 pm

You have some great places to visit on your list, we would love to do a Royal Caribbean Cruise, our Daughter has with my parents and the ship was beautiful x

2. November 13, 2018 / 12:36 pm

What an absolutely amazing list of places to go and visit across a lifetime! I have to admit I would love to go to New Zealand one day – I have family over there so I think it would make for an amazing adventure.

3. November 13, 2018 / 5:33 pm

I made my own bucket list too a few weeks ago and we have quite a lot of similarities — Are you my lost soul sister? (haha!)

Anyway, I would love to go to the Disney World and the African Safari.

The Royal Caribbean Cruise is a must experience. We tremendously enjoyed our recent trip.

4. November 13, 2018 / 9:23 pm

I definitely have some of the same things on my list. I have been to Bali and Orlando and they were fab, especially Bali- it is like no other place on earth x

5. November 13, 2018 / 9:25 pm

This is such a fantastic list! I’d love to go to Disney World and on Safari too, they would be amazing! I wish you all the best with achieving your goals!

6. November 14, 2018 / 1:37 am

I’ve lost count of the amazing places I want to visit in my lifetime… Hoping I get to clear some off my list real soon.

7. blair villanueva
    November 14, 2018 / 5:36 am

You got an amazing list, and I am excited for you to fulfill all of these.
    Going to Bali is one of the best experience you will get.

8. Becca Wilson
    November 14, 2018 / 6:12 pm

This is such an amazing travel bucket list. I have not done a lot of travel at all. I would totally love to do more!

9. Jana
    November 14, 2018 / 7:56 pm

These are all great bucket list places, I’ve done half of them. Some of mine are Madagascar, Chile, Antarctica, Finland, and South Africa.

10. November 14, 2018 / 8:59 pm

New Zealand, India and iceland have been on my dream list forever. Hopefully one day we both might get there!

11. November 14, 2018 / 9:32 pm

This is such a great list! I hope you get a chance to visit all of these places! India is an experience unto itself (to say the least). And Disney World is like every childhood dream come true!

12. November 15, 2018 / 12:15 am

I really wanted to visit the Galapagos Islands, and we went for our one year anniversary before we were trying to have a baby. That was up so high on my bucket list! I’m not sure where I would want to go to next – I think probably Costa Rica or Belize. I like tropical places and would like to check out Iceland too.m

13. November 15, 2018 / 11:02 am

There are some absolutely gorgeous places on your list! I have always wanted to visit British Columbia, Canada & Disneyland, Florida – or Tampa Bay!!

14. November 15, 2018 / 4:09 pm

My daughter and I are still working on making it out to Disney World. I know I went a long time ago, but I haven’t been back. And my daughter has never been. The African Safari sounds like a lot of fun as well.

15. November 15, 2018 / 7:04 pm

My list would look very similar to yours, except I’d probably put somewhere in South America on instead of Orlando

16. November 15, 2018 / 10:13 pm

I went to Disneyland a few years ago! Really enjoyed it!! Really worth the trip there 🙂 xx

17. November 16, 2018 / 1:13 am

I’d love to visit several of these destinations as well, especially India. India has been on top of my list for quite awhile!

18. Whitney Kutch
    November 16, 2018 / 3:36 pm

An African safari would be so much fun! That’s on my list, too! Definitely make it to Orlando and Disney World – the’re a blast!

19. November 16, 2018 / 10:00 pm

Such a great list! I need to go to disney world however. Kind of one of my goals in life as ive never been. However, I think my husband would love to go to India.

20. November 17, 2018 / 11:45 am

What a great list! Barcelona is one my favourite places to visit but I’d love to visit New Zealand or Bali at some point – they both look amazing! x

21. November 17, 2018 / 4:35 pm

I would love to take the African Safari too. If you happen to visit India, let me know. We can meetup too 🙂

22. November 20, 2018 / 4:12 am

Grool… 🙂 I’d love to go to Orlando and Disney world too… 🙂 I just love traveling and I want to travel the entire world.. 🙂